GPD WIN 2

Plus it targets openGL, and probably a quite high level of that. We'd need gl4es to be extended quite dramatically to shim all of that out I suspect.

I wouldn't rule out a 3DS emulator being runnable on the pyra, but it'd need to be something a little more hand crafted than that using more NEON code and targeting GLes directly I suspect. So it's unlikely to be a port of that emulator, though I dare say someone creating a native 3DS emulator for ARM chips would use the source for research or cross-referencing.

The GPD WIN 2 regular Indiegogo campaign finished with 3992 backers raising $2,582,985

The WIN 2 is still available on Indiegogo via their "In Demand" feature. The "In Demand" price is now $699

Quick look video I just loaded to Youtube
Thanks for the Video, good to see it's so pleasantly easy to get Linux working on the Win 2.

General question on the Win 2 : When doing desktop stuff such as Libre Office or browsing Wikipedia can the Win 2 run in fanless mode?

Does the GPD Win2 still have a fanless mode? I thought they'd removed the switch and made it automatic, like almost any laptop from the past ten years. I guess I could switch my fan off by using a different regulator* but I think I'd have to reboot to enable that.

* Might not be the right word; the thing that governs the CPU speed from inputs of the system load. In which case I would be clocking it low enough that it can cool passively, which would mean you can do anything non-real time, it would just be slower to complete.

I cannot hear the fan on mine unless I put it right to my ear

Then it must be either pretty loud in your room or my fan must be horribly broken (though it sounds like a normal laptop fan).

My parents and wife were wondering what that noise was when we had dinner - and the GPD Win 2 was lying on a table about 4m away from the dinner table.

So, does this mean that putting the GPD2 in a pocket while running/active is a bad idea?

@ED I noticed you have the WIN 2 up on your store for 609 Euro. Is that the final price, place holder or down payment ?

That's the normal price. We'll have a preorder with a discounted price in April.

Sent from my XT1650-03 using Tapatalk

@ED 609 Euro is Ex VAT ?

Never mind, I can see that it is ex vat. Seems a reasonable price

Back