GPD Pocket

@levi, I'm guessing it is the power button. This is just an early prototype so I suspect it will be red with the power symbol in the end

So they do seem to have a working prototype. Nice :)
Like to see a video of it instead of a picture only though.

So it looks like GPD will be including a fast charger for the GPD Pocket. Here is the comment Wade from GPD made about that:

"As the reward of $2M goal. We will upgrade the original 5V 2.5A changer to the PD 2.0 Quick change protocol.It's power will be 25W-30W. So you may only need one hour or a little more to fully charge the battery."

And they now have surpassed $2000,000 in funding with another 40 days remianing in the campaing.
It currently has 4891 backers with about 17% of those being for the Ubuntu model.

Last edited:
GPD posted a short video of the first stage GPD Pocket prototype
Apparently the second stage prototype will be finished and released in a week or two. A third stage prototype will then be released in April.

Last edited:
That is a short video!

Also, I wonder about the languages in that video. The muffled voice in the background doesn't appear to be speaking mandarin chinese, according to the intonation. I thought GPD was primarily a Shenzen firm.

That is a short video!

Also, I wonder about the languages in that video. The muffled voice in the background doesn't appear to be speaking mandarin chinese, according to the intonation. I thought GPD was primarily a Shenzen firm.

I think they are origianlly from HK

Last edited:
So GPD have just made another GPD pocket Indiegogo campaign update . As mentioned previously, they confirmed that since the Pocket has now exceeded $2 Million, they will now throw in a fast charger that will charge the Pockets 7000mAh battery in 1.5 hours . Actually to date, they have raised $2,293,019 from 5591 backers. The camapign still has 25 days remaining. Currently it is the 40th most funded campaign ever on Indiegogo.

The upate is below - english mistakes corrected :)

Dear Backers:

As a reward for reaching $2M . We have decided to upgrade the original 5V/2.5A charger to a PD 2.0 Quick charger. It can support 5V/3A or 9V/2A or 12V/2A output. The Pocket has a built-in 7000 mAh Li-Po Battery. Tests show that the battery can be fully charged in 1.5 hours

Well it looks like there is 18 days left in the campaign. They have gotten 5093 backers so far and raised $2,424,478

Looks like 1034 backers ie 17.5% have gone for the Linux version. That figure is a bit off though, as I know a number of people who want Linux got the WIN 10 version instead, soley to get the WIN 10 key knowing they can then download and install Ubuintu from GPD - seeing as GPD said they would provide it.

interestingly enough, "smaller then smaller" sounds better to me (in English) than "smaller than smaller".

"then" gives direction, purpose, future. "than" implies comparing, spec greed, etc. ;)

@ible

GPD had a competition recently asking Chinese users on their forum there to come up with a new slogan for the WIN. They were all of course giving their suggestions in Chinese. The funny thing was the English translation for a lot of them were just hilarious. Something was definately lost in translation. The winners got to send their WIN back to GPD who then swapped the case out for a metal one. Pretty cool prize I suppose

Looks like they put the latest video of the T1 Pocket protoitype on Youtube now.

This is GPD update they just made on Indiegogo:

"Dear Backers

Here is the video of The T1 prototype of GPD Pocket.

Our Indiegogo campaign for GDP Pocket will end on April 15. It's only 16 days left. 7 inch screen and qwerty keyboard design, 8GB RAM and 128GB ROM.The TOP UMPC now!!

The T2 prototype of Pocket will be finished in the end of April. And the mass production will start in the end of May. Shipping start in June.^^"

Last edited:
Monster Sized TV Remote Control.jpg Pocket04.jpg

GPD posted a short video of the first stage GPD Pocket prototype
Apparently the second stage prototype will be finished and released in a week or two. A third stage prototype will then be released in April.

So is FurMark the new TreeMark?

Hmm, not as impressive as I was hoping personally. To begin with, I'm not familiar with counter strike, but should all those dialogues keep popping up during gameplay? Also, I assume that's a USB power cable inserted - does it need power just to play 6 minutes of an old game like CS? And I'm not sure why the sound cut out when they switched to HDMI output. And their multitasking demo wasn't anywhere as impressive as ED's old devboard demo where he had multliple emulators each demanding frame exact timings, plus GIMP running.

@levi
Pretty sure they said they had an external mouse connected as opposed to power supply.

As for the multitaksing, I think they were just seeing how many things they could have open - maybe it was more of a memory test. But yeah, more tests showing some stress loading would be good. Still early days I suppose. They still are working on getting a Ubuntu version up and demoed. So that will be another round of demoes

Back