Gp32x Googleised

Would you donate money to rid GP32x of google ads?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Nova

Is that a Caanoo in your pocket or are you just ha
Website
Visit site
I see gp32x.de has now been formally googleised. this means we now have to look at endless streams of ads about useless boating equipment and paintball stuff

i was thinking, if Hando needs the money, not sure if he does, would you be happy to pay $5-10 each to rid gp32x of these nasties?

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
I wouldn't be willing to pay for it... that would be ridiculous... paying for a homebrew site is as bad as pspupdates.
But the banner looks out of place there... perhaps moving it?

Didn't see due to Adblock, at least it hasn't got that keyword advertising (right?)

yaustar posted on Jul 20 2005 at 10:18 PM said:
Didn't see due to Adblock, at least it hasn't got that keyword advertising (right?)

Yeah its got that :(

Eh, it doesn't make that much difference to me. I'm sure it's far more profitible than the Lik-Sang ones are.

Perhaps the colour scheme of the adverts could be changed, though?

... Why are you guys complaining about this? Were the lik-sang ads worse or something?

Really. Don't be ridiculous.

I`ve just clicked the advert, It`s the least i can do considering Hando has provided me a home for nearly two and a half years. I shall also be clicking it once every day or two as well. :D

Trooper

ok they really arent that bad, but hando, please make them blueish or something?

I love Google Ads!
They always display ads according to the text at the page it's placed at, so this can be very funny at dynamic sites like boards (see the douche-bag-thread and you understand what I mean :))

I like google ads - at least they have ads for charity from time to time ("save marine life, etc."). Also, they don't flash and they're not annoying. I really don't see the problem at all.

C'mon dude, leave it be. What are you, running a 2400bps modem?
Ignore it! Not a big deal by any means!
If it helps us keep our community, no stress!
Good lord man, if you can create a better (ad' free) site, please go ahead. No?
Until then, let us all thank GoogleAds.

If ads help support the site then im all for having them. I just dont want to see any of those nasty popups that install spyware!

alyinsanfran posted on Jul 21 2005 at 03:29 AM said:

me said:
ok they really arent that bad, but hando, please make them blueish or something?

:blink: i dont remember saying anything requiring a strong telling off

alyinsanfran posted on Jul 21 2005 at 03:29 AM said:

me said:

:blink: i dont remember saying anything requireing a telling off.

I like google ads. Those are the only ads I accept. And please don't mention those news thieves from pspupdates.com. I am not going to place an advert beetwen every post on forum or between every news ;) So don't worry. All money from advertisement goes for covering website cost, some beer at the weekend and console stuff (my PS2 is broken so I want to buy one and you know, it is hard to explain to your wife that PS2 is essential to your life, so with such a free money from advertisement i will buy one in a year or two ;)
There is also no need to do donation but if you want :) go ahead. There is a paypal link on the front page. Donated money will go for commercial licence of Invision Board as we still use beta version.
I hope everything is clear and I'll change the colors for more suitable.

Back