Gp2xforge Launched

RiX0R

Idler-Inside
Website
rix0r.nl

Well, here I am announcing the launch of GP2XForge, the open development site dedicated especially to the GP2X! I hope there's still enough interest to make the site useful.

The site is still far from finished, but I want to make it available to as many people as possible, as soon as possible. However, it is functional already: you can register a new project, and get a subversion repository to dev in and a website to promote on (And it will get even better when I find more time to spend on it).

So if you have a bunch of game sources just collecting dust on your harddisk, if you're starting a new project, or if you have code to share with the community in general, please consider hosting it on GP2XForge.

If you're unsure about what exactly GP2XForge is, or why you should be using it, please read this. And I'm always very keen to hear feedback, questions or comments, or just about anything.

Enjoy!

Last edited by a moderator:
Doh!.... I registered an account, then setup a request for a project (GP2niX).... but I made a mistake on the description. Can I change this later?

Thanks for the hard work RiXOR. Most appreciated.

RiX0R,

Cool, I may setup a few small projects for my little apps and ports. Starting to look really good. Find some of the colours a little hard to scan read but it is not a big deal.

What sort of backup is there on the SVN, site etc. at the moment? Just interested before I move any code in ;).

The source view is yellow text on a white background.  Quite difficult to read.

Erm, yeah, I'm in the middle of modifying the CSS from Trac's standard color scheme to my site scheme.

I'll be working on that ;).

RiX0R,

Cool, I may setup a few small projects for my little apps and ports. Starting to look really good. Find some of the colours a little hard to scan read but it is not a big deal.

Well if you've got any suggestions, I'd be very interested to hear them.

What sort of backup is there on the SVN, site etc. at the moment? Just interested before I move any code in ;).

None yet. As I said, it's bare essentials. I'll be looking into that shortly and let you know.

Doh!.... I registered an account, then setup a request for a project (GP2niX).... but I made a mistake on the description. Can I change this later?

Yes you can. No problem.

looks very good. cant wait when more projects are up there.
Godd work RiX0R!

This uses Python? If it was using PHP, I could offer you a heap of help with the site. ;)

EDIT: If you want, I could try to code a brand new PHP framework for you from scratch. ;) And if you plan to have forums for the projects like SF does, then We could even integrate it with something like phpBB so that the forums don't SUCK like SF's. ;P

This uses Python? If it was using PHP, I could offer you a heap of help with the site. ;)
Well, Trac is written in Python, but my glue code is in PHP. However I wouldn't want to subject you to it, since it's not really standard PHP but written in a web framework of my own brewing that appears to suck when put into real practice.

EDIT: If you want, I could try to code a brand new PHP framework for you from scratch. ;) And if you plan to have forums for the projects like SF does, then We could even integrate it with something like phpBB so that the forums don't SUCK like SF's. ;P

Hehe.

Well, of course you're free to write such a framework from scratch if you want to. I'll gladly use it when you're done. I've toyed with the idea myself. But I think it would cost a lot of time before you'd have something with comparable functionality, so that's why I opted for adapting a few existing packages (well one actually, just Trac).

But if you want to write something new, be my guest ;).

Back