Gp2x Store - Warning!

raqman

Still Fresh
Hi All,

I ordered a GP2X from GP2XStore in the US (http://www.gp2xstore.com/), simple because it was a present for a colleague of mine in Texas on the 1st of April, as I constantly checked their website to see when it was in stock.

As soon as I saw it was in stock with 24 hours delivery, I ordered it on that day.

Then for 14 days, it was stuck on Processing order, but guess what, on the 1st of April they DID take my money from my credit card, so I naturally contacted them.

I got a response back after a couple of days and a second email to them:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
When we take your order we have every intention of shipping it to you.
However, sometimes circumstances beyond our control can prevent this from happening. We will cancel your order and issue you a refund.

I apologize for the inconvenience.

Kind regards,
Tech

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I answered back that I did not want to cancel my order, as I would now loose on the exchange rate and all I wanted to know was what was happening.

After loads of email, both online through their live chat that never is live and emails, I see now that my order no longer exists in their system (25th April) AND I STILL HAVE NO REFUND.

I am now taking this up with my Credit card company.

What hassle, this is disgusting customer service!!!!!!!

All they could have done was say, sorry, we have none in stock, more coming soon or would you like a refund.

But not getting any further information and being totally ignored and not even receiving the refund, that is BAD.

Ouch, that blows.

You could try insisting that they credit back what it cost you in CAD. (I assume you're Canadian - why else would there be an exchange rate?)

Can't really fault them for the delay, though. The GP2X seems to be an irritating to stock item. ;) And being Canadian, I tend to consider 24hr shipping as 24hr +/- 3 days. 14 days...that's a bit too long. I would've contacted them well before that.

If you get that refund, you might try ordering from these guys:
http://www.gamersection.ca/

My order went out in 2 days. Fedex reported it made it to Ontario - then easter hit, and after the weekend + long weekend, it arrived 10 days later.

Send them an email, and ask them if they'd be willing to send to Texas. I know they're willing to send screen protectors via letter(if asked) to save on shipping, so maybe they'd set up a shipment to Texas for you.

Hmmm, I ordered through them while the item was out of stock and simply waited for it to become available. This was back In December. Received it within 2 weeks. What's funny right now, though, is that it won't let me log in to check my last order. Something must have changed.

luckily my credit card company will give me a full refund once I get some paperwork to fill in.

I am in the UK, ordered it from them to send it as a gift to my colleague in Texas.

My only gripe is that they would not communicate with me, even an autoresponse such as "I am feeling under the weather and will be back in a month when I am better" would have been satisfactory.

But after 25 days, only that email listed above and then totally ignored, sorry, this is not how you win clients and reputation, especially in this small world call the internet.

I had a few issues with them but they were usually peacefully resolved. Sorry to hear about your incident. Maybe craigix or evildragon could put pressure on them in those situations?

This is probably more to do with GPH now not keeping stock, we have to pay them, they make the consoles, then send us them. It isn't really possible to have 24 hour shipping very much now unless we over order, but usually by the time the stock arrives we have already sold it all... it's a tricky situation.

craigix said:
This is probably more to do with GPH now not keeping stock, we have to pay them, they make the consoles, then send us them. It isn't really possible to have 24 hour shipping very much now unless we over order, but usually by the time the stock arrives we have already sold it all... it's a tricky situation.
craigx whats the situation on the GP2X F-200 stock? And will they be back In stock next week? Thanks for your time and have nice evening :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Paulo Becker said:
Kramy said:
And being Canadian, I tend to consider 24hr shipping as 24hr +/- 3 days.

So, sometimes you get your orders delivered 2 days BEFORE you actually place them? That's awesome!

Yes, I'm an idiot :p

:lol:

No...although one time I did order an ethernet cable off NCIX. I was expecting it the next day, but it arrived by Purolator the same day. :blink: Really surprising, since there's a ferry trip between me and the warehouse.

But usually it's +3 days. ;) Especially when it has to travel 7000km across the ground, from Montreal.

I understand GPH not wanting to overstock and lose money but this seems going too far. At least wait til pandora is out to do this. I'm sure theres still a fair amount of people wanting a gp2x. Besides devs being upset at some functionality lost the f200 seems to have been well received. They should be trying to sell as much as they can while there still is no real competition.

anyway gp2xstore.com is generally a very good place to order from. Its probably run by just one guy though so it may be hard to get customer support sometimes plus the supply issue is out of his hands.

I got my 2x f-100 and my payback sd through them, no hassles. Though for my payback sd, it was through their eBay store (out of stock on their online store at the time). Sorry man, best of luck to you!

Your order was not completed because you placed an order from the UK shipping to the USA. We told you that we will need to cancel the order because of billing/shipping issues. You wanted to keep the order so we requested you send us a copy of your ID and a billing statement that verifies your address. We are still waiting for your response.

If you have the proper documentations ready email us or pm me and we can settle your order.

I've bought from gp2xstore and have had no problems at all with their fast service as others will agree.

it seems some people are too quick to say "warning this store is bad" in online posts.

theres bound to be some issues when a small company is dealing with a lot of customers but i think gp2xstore has handled things pretty well.

rmm21 said:
I've bought from gp2xstore and have had no problems at all with their fast service as others will agree.
I ordered from there last month, and I also had no problems at all. I think this has more to do with GPH than anything.

Ordered numerous things from them over the years and never had a problem. Always had a prompt reply to any emails and could even track down the owner on irc if I had questions or issues.

I bought a GP32 glass screen and RF adapter from there a while back - went fine.

I bought my f 100 from them, and it shipped fast no probs good store..and they gave me a free usb cable.

jbrodack said:
it seems some people are too quick to say "warning this store is bad" in online posts.

theres bound to be some issues when a small company is dealing with a lot of customers but i think gp2xstore has handled things pretty well.
They completely ripped me off, that too quick for you?

Back