New Joystick Caps

So this was what Craig's teaser post was about. I'd like to see a picture of it ... (doubt it can be any better than a DaveC cap ... unless it's made of dilithium crystals ;))

This is good news, pushing the side of the cap in the direction is wearing the controls out. I'm with DijiTao, Radek, and bacteria however, when a good dpad mod comes out that works well and is easy to install I'm there. The emus I run are not meant to be played with a stick, or any of the homebrew stuff either.

Thanx,
Stan

I'm playing the GP2X a whole load less than I thought I would, mainly because of the stick, and the wearing away of the hardware. This 1 quid option is a heaven-send for me, because I'm a poor college student... And my GP2X would no longer be collecting very much dust.

Just this: Pics?

Right bacteria, you asked for it. *gets out his emulator kit*

Seriously, can you stop posting in every joystick thread about your D-Pad mod? It's really quite annoying. I do agree with you, it'll still be a rubbish joystick - but do you really need to go on about D-Pads everywhere?

I'll post some pictures when I get my gp2x. I don't know whether it will be any better than the orignal cap and it's going to be hard for me to judge that, since I've never used the original one.

TBH, I've got a feeling this won't change much. I just hope they don't glue it on in case I need to go see DaveC.

nickspoon posted on Apr 6 2006 at 06:11 PM said:

Seriously, can you stop posting in every joystick thread about your D-Pad mod? It's really quite annoying. I do agree with you, it'll still be a rubbish joystick - but do you really need to go on about D-Pads everywhere?
(Dreams of D-pads) zzzzzzzz <_< zzzzzzzz

Are you referring to my topic possibly at:
http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?showtopic=27227
by any chance?? (the one about how to make a D-pad)? Just curious!

Last edited by a moderator:
bacteria posted on Apr 6 2006 at 07:52 PM said:
nickspoon posted on Apr 6 2006 at 06:11 PM said:

(Dreams of D-pads) zzzzzzzz <_< zzzzzzzz

Are you referring to my topic possibly at:
http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?showtopic=27227
by any chance?? (the one about how to make a D-pad)? Just curious!

Stop spamming <_<

The Spider Mastermind posted on Apr 6 2006 at 06:21 PM said:
Would you hate to be god also?
Um, wouldn't you?

Anyway, this is an official cap from GPH? If so I wonder when they are going to make an official statement.

Thanx,
Stan

God huh? :lol:
It's not as glorious a position as you would think ... the pay sucks and the customers are worse ;)

BOT: I can't help but think GPH lifted the design from DaveC ... I'm sure they keep a watch on these and other forums ...

I bet these caps will be similar to mine in design, they should give me a free GP2X for giving them the idea and saving their asses ;)

I guess the time is comming for me to stop with mine. While mine are made of a much better material and won't loosen up and fall off like I bet the new ones might, the price is something that I could never match. Now days everything is about price not quality.

I guess I will just say thanks to everyone that bought mine, hope it made your gaming better.

Perhaps you should wait and see what's that cap !
It's not sure (for now) that this one will be better than yours (design, material).

TelcoLou posted on Apr 7 2006 at 01:41 AM said:
... the pay sucks and the customers are worse ;)
:lol:

Ps: Give DaveC his free Gp2X !

EDIT : And perhaps you should call your cap a new name like :
Official DaveC cap, Old School cap, DaveC's Golden cap, Pro cap, Enlarge your... :rolleyes:

DaveC posted on Apr 6 2006 at 05:55 PM said:
I bet these caps will be similar to mine in design, they should give me a free GP2X for giving them the idea and saving their asses ;)

I guess the time is comming for me to stop with mine. While mine are made of a much better material and won't loosen up and fall off like I bet the new ones might, the price is something that I could never match. Now days everything is about price not quality.

I guess I will just say thanks to everyone that bought mine, hope it made your gaming better.

Don't stop the production of your joysticks! They are a great alternative and look real snazzy :p By the way, have you recieved my paypal payment yet? Just wondering because I look foward to trying your joystick out.

minkster posted on Apr 7 2006 at 02:44 AM said:
DaveC posted on Apr 6 2006 at 05:55 PM said:
I bet these caps will be similar to mine in design, they should give me a free GP2X for giving them the idea and saving their asses  ;)

I guess the time is comming for me to stop with mine.  While mine are made of a much better material and won't loosen up and fall off like I bet the new ones might, the price is something that I could never match.  Now days everything is about price not quality.

Don't stop the production of your joysticks! They are a great alternative and look real snazzy :p By the way, have you recieved my paypal payment yet? Just wondering because I look foward to trying your joystick out.

Well since these caps will be similar to mine and much cheaper I doubt there is a need for them anymore.

I have even heard they will have something kind of cool on them that only could be done with a mold. I can't really say what as I don't have permission, and it won't effect play but that said there really won't be a market for mine anymore :(

Yes I sent yours out (too late for a refund :p ) , you should have it soon.

DaveC posted on Apr 7 2006 at 04:00 AM said:
I have even heard they will have something kind of cool on them that only could be done with a mold. I can't really say what as I don't have permission
Did you sign a non-disclosure agreement or something? No? Then give us all the natty detail!

Come on, we're all wondering exactly how much they ripped off your cap design and how exactly they think they might have made it more desirable.

If you know something then we demand answers, damnit! :p

A new stick is really too little, too late. If GPH is willing to stop production to switch to a more readily-available LCD panel, they should be willing to make alterations to the stick, at least installing a compatible switch with a smaller center deadzone to result in not needing to push the stick a full damn inch to get it to register. Some games simply require instantaneous click-style response, not a big exaggerated sliding movement.

I'm sure a day when I can buy a D-pad kit of some sort, or send my '2x in to have it professionally modified, will arrive. I just hope it's not in 2008.

Back