Gp2x Stock And Delivery Times.

Acheron

Still Fresh
Hello all!

Anybody have any idea when the gp2x will come back to stock? I have ordered for almost 1.5 month ago and still i havent received my gp2x, i am wondering if anyone knows when they are going to ship the units? I am thinking to cancel my order if i don't have any reply soon.

What do you think?

NEED ME :gp2x ASAP :p

As far as I know (1 week ago), they are waiting for stock from GPH in South Korea to be sent out.

According to Game Park Holdings, there is a big demand for the GP2x, so its taking a bit longer for GPH to send them to suppliers.

I agree, I'm getting annoyed with waiting too. :angry:
I complained almost two weeks ago and got a reply saying they were expecting stock would arrive by the end of the week.

Having the same problem, and similarly unhelpful emails. My girlfriend bought me this console (which I have really wanted for ages!) as a gift for my birthday over three months ago. She heard nothing for weeks and we had to chase up the order to find out what was going on. Since then we only get the occasional status update once a month or so, unless we email to ask. What makes it worse is that the website (gp2x.co.uk, not sure what relation this site has to it) claimed 24 hour shipping and indeed still does.

Now I quite understand that small manufacturers like Gamepark might have odd ideas about what an acceptable shipping time to suppliers is, and suppliers might get frustrated, but I think the UK reseller could be keeping us in the loop and should probably also update their website to let potential customers know that delays can be expected. If I had gone for a Nintendo DS or Sony PSP instead I would have been happily playing with it by now, as it is I find myself wondering whether I should cancel the GP2X order altogether. The fact that shipments are always expected "in a couple of weeks", "by the end of the week" or whatever (and of course never show up) keep me from doing this. But at the very least I'd expect a weekly email with the current status of my order.

In fairness to gp2x.co.uk, they say they will bundle a TV-out adapter (not sure whether I'll ever use it, mind) and a couple of games when they do eventually ship my GP2X, however generally-speaking I'm not impressed. If I was getting this level of service from Amazon or Play.com I would be recommending other suppliers, but of course there are no others in the UK. Fair enough that it's Gamepark's fault, but we shouldn't have to moan on a forum to find out what's going on.

sorry to hear about your delays guys (gals too). i ordered my f200 from gp2xstore about two months ago (when they showed 'in stock) and recieved it in less than a week. then i turned around and ordered a cradle for it and got it in less than a week.

apparently there are issues with gph manufacturing or they have ceased production for a summer schedule.

please don't blame gp2xstore, i've nothing but great, quick service from them. hopefully you guys will hear something or by all hopes, receive your units soon.

craigix said:
They are finally shipping them this week.

Next week you might hear the reasons why.
Updating the permanent "24 hour shipping" lines on the site(s) wouldn't kill you though, would it? It's a little misleading at the minute, to say the least.

Last edited by a moderator:
craigix said:

Did GPH cease production of GP2x's to make the Pandora???? :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

When GamePark Holdings ship them (the gp2x's), how long do they take to reach you?

fishybawb said:
craigix said:

Updating the permanent "24 hour shipping" lines on the site(s) wouldn't kill you though, would it? It's a little misleading at the minute, to say the least.

Site still says 24 hour shipping, and gbax.com still says *STOCK FROM THE 25TH*, like it did when I ordered mine on the 23rd May.

I was trying to be funny about the Pandora comment above :) :)

craigix said:

My guesses are.......

1. Theyve gone back to the original design, before all the firmware issues.

2. Theyve made a new GP2X F1000, with a 1ghz processor!

3. There was a strike at the factory.

4. Aliens or UFO's were involved somewhere....

5. They lost the design of the F200's somewhere and had to get hold of one and reverse engineer it.

6. They lost the keys to the factory.

7. The factory was invaded by killer bees!

8. They all went on holiday, at the same time.

9. The one guy who fitted the on/off switch to the F200 was ill for 2 months.

10. Theyve realised when Pandora is released, there is no point to life anymore!

kneehighspy said:
please don't blame gp2xstore, i've nothing but great, quick service from them. hopefully you guys will hear something or by all hopes, receive your units soon.
Is gp2xstore the same as gp2x.co.uk/GBAX?

craigix said:

No offence intended Craigix, but past experience means I'll believe that when the unit lands on my doorstep! :)

unclechicken said:
2. Theyve made a new GP2X F1000, with a 1ghz processor!
That's my fervant hope, although looking around other posts on the forum they've also probably managed to screw up the touchscreen *and* all existing homebrew software while they were doing that ;)

unclechicken said:
10. Theyve realised when Pandora is released, there is no point to life anymore!
I'm sure, GPH not even knows that something like the Pandora Handheld exists. :lol:

I just ordered mine from the Canadian retailer listed on the GP2X wikipideia page, gamersection.com

Would be nice if gp2x.co.uk / gbax.com actually emailed me about the expected shipment, instead of reading it on these forums.

They should have a list of the email addresses of people with a pre-order.

Takes 5 minutes?? :)

Back