Gp2x Stock And Delivery Times.

My money's on Craig just not stocking it any more due to Pandora/erratic GP2X production schedules. That and/or a new GPH product :)

quasist said:
No links and cites?

Maybe you just making fake news to raise pandora's score
Nope, this is the truth. Nobody has been able to place a proper order of GP2Xs for a while. That of course doesn't mean that GPH is dead ;).

Last edited by a moderator:
Check www.gp2x.net.au if you're having trouble locating one. They were running an end of financial year sale up until yesterday, and still appear to have them in stock.

Long live the '2X!

Knowing GPH they are probably dumping it to come out with some lame PSP clone. My *guess* and it is only a guess as I have no real info, is that it would have a PSP like 480 x 272 resolution widescreen only 4" instead of 4.3" ( horrible for emulation as that resolution doesn't match anything well, forcing fractional scaling for everything ,yuk) 3D obviously like any other nowdays, and an analog stick only (again terrible for emulation). My guess is it would be like the old XGP. So what would it be good for? Buying the 1-2 commercial titles, uncontrollable emus with fuzzy filtered screens, and a port of Quake.

I wouldn't buy it and see no point in that kind of system, might as well just stick with the PSP. The PSP has much more support. I would guess GPH will be bankrupt soon after if they release something like that if they did as there would be no point. We would be better off waiting for the Pandora.

DaveC said:
Knowing GPH they are probably dumping it to come out with some lame PSP clone. My *guess* and it is only a guess as I have no real info, is that it would have a PSP like 480 x 272 resolution widescreen only 4" instead of 4.3" ( horrible for emulation as that resolution doesn't match anything well, forcing fractional scaling for everything ,yuk) 3D obviously like any other nowdays, and an analog stick only (again terrible for emulation). My guess is it would be like the old XGP. So what would it be good for? Buying the 1-2 commercial titles, uncontrollable emus with fuzzy filtered screens, and a port of Quake.

I wouldn't buy it and see no point in that kind of system, might as well just stick with the PSP. The PSP has much more support. I would guess GPH will be bankrupt soon after if they release something like that if they did as there would be no point.
Great imagination you have, to do so many guessworks. But seems...

DaveC said:
We would be better off waiting for the Pandora.
...that you have your motives.

We not we might do guesswork with pandora and his resemblances to a H/PC?

DaveC said:
My guess is it would be like the old XGP
Yes, they separated for the fun then.

You give bad image to something that you do not even know if exists, for something that has not even been tried by the majority of the people, for what it is impossible to recommend.

That was a bit unfair, DaveC. If GPH does make something, it seems unlikely for them to be as retarded as you make them seem, what with the GP2X under their belt and whatnot. Who knows, they might even turn out a Pandora killer! I doubt that, though. :p

I personally hope that they have a nice, small, gb micro type thing with a 3.5" LPTS lcd, and one of the new blackfin cores. That, combined with a decently low price point, open source SDK, and stylish design, would certainly get my money!

DaveC said:
Knowing GPH they are probably dumping it to come out with some lame PSP clone.
Isn't gp32 was a GBA clone due to iron curtain of gba imports to Korea?

pandora then a dumb DS+PSP clone with bloat controls

palmertech said:
I personally hope that they have a nice, small, gb micro type thing with a 3.5" LPTS lcd, and one of the new blackfin cores. That, combined with a decently low price point, open source SDK, and stylish design, would certainly get my money!
I wish XGP mini short life was not for nothing
060510_XGP_Mini.JPG

Something strange is going on here. Yesterday, this thread had someone mentioning that they wondered if the new handheld from GPH was featuring some new SoC of name I can't remember, but it's chip speed was only 5xx Mhz, slower than the rumored 800 Mhz. Now I can't find it anywhere.... Is someone under NDA, or did someone just edit it out of their post?

edit: nevermind. Right after this, the answer mysteriously appeared from craigix in another thread. *twilight zone theme*

craigix said:
Yes, The Pollux, but don't even let the 500mhz fool you, thats not anywhere near the CortexA8 at 500mhz!
Like you said, it's a 16 bit data bus. You can try and cram an elephant through a hoola hoop all you want...

craigix said:
They are finally shipping them this week.

Next week you might hear the reasons why.
This sounds like you might know the reasons why, otherwise you would have said, "Next week we might hear the reasons why."

So, if you know, why don't you just tell us? :huh:

chris_merris said:
craigix said:
They are finally shipping them this week.

Next week you might hear the reasons why.
This sounds like you might know the reasons why, otherwise you would have said, "Next week we might hear the reasons why."

So, if you know, why don't you just tell us? :huh:
:lol: Did you continue reading the thread after that point?

anyone interested should get one while they can, its not like they are a waste of money, i love my gp2x and can't wait to spend my money on pandora.

Back