Gngeo2x 0.6.9 *update*

DaveC posted on May 25 2006 at 07:51 PM said:
geise69 posted on May 25 2006 at 12:00 PM said:
Hmmm...that's wierd. I tried the uni-bios and it works for me. So does Samurai Showdown 5 Special now. What version of the uni-bios are you using? Mine is v2.1. I would try getting the latest set of roms based off of MAME. Those are usually the most compatible and shouldn't give you problems. What fighting games are you talking about btw?

Yeah like nem said if you get the uni-bios loading screen you can hit A+X+B I believe to get the options menu. There you can change your settings to any region or Arcade or Console mode, however every option variation I tried worked fine for Pulstar. I still think you might need another rom set.

I have tried so many rom sets now that I just don't know what the "magic" one is. I have tried sets that were "recommended" to me as completely working but no luck.

The unibios is the one that comes up and pesters you to set the region, arcad/console etc. No matter what I set I get that infernal message.
Try to remove the pulstar.nv in the save folder, it may help. (you have to use unibios)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, is this bug normal, I get it on some of my roms.
PIC_0142.jpg

See that extra sections at the bottom not being blacked out by the screen ya. :D

PSyMastR posted on May 25 2006 at 08:22 PM said:
Hey, is this bug normal, I get it on some of my roms.
PIC_0142.jpg

See that extra sections at the bottom not being blacked out by the screen ya. :D

I have that happend durring the intro to Samurai Showdown 5 Special. I'll have to check my other games.

Ive seen it on a bit of games, it may just be a glitch in the emulator, as some games dont have it. Well, I posted it for pepone to see it, he can tell us.

nem posted on May 25 2006 at 06:02 AM said:
It definitely works with uni-bios. Do you get the uni-bios loading screen (after the screen corruption, before the SNK animation and jingle) when you load up a rom with uni-bios enabled?

I found out what it was... I had an older uni-bios ;)

I still have alot of problems with the KOF games not showing graphics, dodgy ROMs?

PSyMastR posted on May 26 2006 at 02:31 AM said:
Ive seen it on a bit of games, it may just be a glitch in the emulator, as some games dont have it. Well, I posted it for pepone to see it, he can tell us.
It's not a bug, it's a feature ;)
Actually, there is 2 resolution used by neogeo games. 320x224 or 304x224. Gngeo use by default 320x224, but some games, like mslug, have some garbage in this aera.
So you can use the option --no-screen320 on the comand line (or "screen320 false" in gngerc, or mslug.rc if you want it only for mslug)

Hope it's help :)

Ok, thanks for that info pepone :D

If I put in the screen320 false thing, will that prevent games with a resolution of 320x224 from being correct?

PSyMastR posted on May 26 2006 at 05:11 PM said:
Ok, thanks for that info pepone :D

If I put in the screen320 false thing, will that prevent games with a resolution of 320x224 from being correct?
You'll just loose some pixels from left and right, but all the game should work correctly with screen320=false.

So, If I just wanted this for lets say, metal slug, where do i put the mslug.rc file, and can it only contain that one line of code? Thanks.

PSyMastR posted on May 26 2006 at 08:19 PM said:
So, If I just wanted this for lets say, metal slug, where do i put the mslug.rc file, and can it only contain that one line of code? Thanks.
you put the mslug.rc file in the conf folder. Just adding
Code:
screen320 false
should work.

tip: Don't use notepad to edit/create conf files ;)

Well, I've added this options in rage2x (and saved) :)
You'll be able to choose 320x224 or 304x224 screen resolution.

JyCet posted on May 26 2006 at 04:12 PM said:
Well, I've added this options in rage2x (and saved) :)
You'll be able to choose 320x224 or 304x224 screen resolution.
I have the latest version, is it in the settings menu (the press select menu), as I dont see it.

@PSyMastR
I've added it for next release ;)
Sorry for the confusion

If you need some other options I'll be ablle to add them ...

JyCet posted on May 27 2006 at 09:59 AM said:
@PSyMastR
Sorry for the confusion

Great work JyCet ! Tha last version of rage2x is great, especially the possibility to show only available game :D

JyCet posted on May 27 2006 at 03:59 AM said:
@PSyMastR
Sorry for the confusion

Personally, with that option (maybe you can compile a resolution of each game, and auto pass it when selecting a game?) Rage2x will be perfect, if only pepone can use that instead of selector (by restarting rage2x after you quit gngeo2x).

PSyMastR posted on May 28 2006 at 03:50 AM said:
JyCet posted on May 27 2006 at 03:59 AM said:
@PSyMastR
Sorry for the confusion

Personally, with that option (maybe you can compile a resolution of each game, and auto pass it when selecting a game?) Rage2x will be perfect, if only pepone can use that instead of selector (by restarting rage2x after you quit gngeo2x).
When you use rage2x, it doesn't restart it when you quit gngeo?
It should... at least it work here..

Do you have any special configuration?

Oh, I see. LOL. I missed that option in the settings, it was turned off for me. Ok, that was fixed. lol.

I've wrote this question in my FAQ od info.txt file too ;)
Code:
Q: Why RAGE2X is not launched when I quit GNGEO2X emulator?
A: Check if you have enable "AUTO RELOAD GUI" option and dont rename RAGE2X.GPE in another name.

Ok my english is not the best but ... easy to understand no ?
:)

Ya, I must have missed that part. Sorry lol. Do you have an estimated date when the new version is going to be released?

Back