Release GL-117

ptitSeb

Serial Porter
Here is GL-117, an action oriented combat flight simulator.

preview3.png

The port use gl4es, and is working quite well even on CC model.

The initial benchmark will probably select Quality "0" and View distance of 40 or 50. You can probably use Quality "1" easily. All Quality from 0 to 5 works, but putting "5" add a lots of trees, so a Gigahertz model and a short viewing distance is probably prefered for that setting.

I have not pre-configured the keys (not sure what to do best here), but most are configurable.

History log
=========

build 03
-----------

• Updated libs
  • Switched to gl4es

build 02
-----------

• Slightly changed rendering to try solving the black terrain some are experiencing
build 01
-----------

• Initial build
  • Forced 800x480 fullscreen at start.

Last edited:
Great and fast port!

How do you converted GL_SELECT ? Is now supported on glshim?

Great and fast port!

How do you converted GL_SELECT ? Is now supported on glshim?
Thank you :)

Yes it is. I added it when I ported Blender (without Mesa), but I revised my GL_SELECT implementation for the game because it was both buggy and incorrect (I pushed my changed to my github fork of it).

Only thing I deactivated in the code is a single glReadPixels on GL_DEPTH that was used to check if the sun blind the player.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would have done the glReadPixels on GL_DEPTH differently, but thank you anyway for the port ;^) .

Hi all :)

Thanks ptitSeb for yet another great port !

Is there a favourite SGX driver to play that game ? I can't see the terrain (it's completely black) on my Rebirth Pandora with driver 4.03.00.02. 

Switching to a more recent version (from the 4.04 or 4.10 branch) solves that issue though.

Cheers, Magic Sam

Thanks ptitSeb for yet another great port !

Is there a favourite SGX driver to play that game ? I can't see the terrain (it's completely black) on my Rebirth Pandora with driver 4.03.00.02. 

Switching to a more recent version (from the 4.04 or 4.10 branch) solves that issue though.

Cheers, Magic Sam
Default driver is fine (default is 4.00 for CC & Rebirth, and 4.03.00.02 for Gigahertz). More recent driver should works too, but I didn't tried much.

BTW @magic_sam if you can install the 4.10 driver, that means you have a gigahertz (Rev. 5 of the SoC), rebirth (Rev. 3 of the SoC) is limited to 4.09

*EDIT* Also, I was in 4.03 during my testing in fact, not 4.10..., but the CC was in 4.00.

@ ptitSeb: hmmm, that's weird... I can assure you I have a Rebirth Pandora, and yet the 4.10 SGX driver is working correctly...

Any idea what's going on ?

Cheers, Magic Sam

The SGX driver propose driver version depending on the revision of your SoC. If it propose 4.10, that means you have a rev. 5 (you can check yourself by doing "cat /etc/powervr-esrev ). Only Gigahertz model have a rev 5 SoC (also, Gigahertz do have a "rebirth" sticker under the battery if I remember correctly).

I think I have the default driver on my Ghz with latest firmware but I get a black screen (except for the HUD).

I think I have the default driver on my Ghz with latest firmware but I get a black screen (except for the HUD).
Try to change the driver (the 4.10 works well here). I have to test using the 4.03 driver on my gigahertz. It seems something is odd here...

How an awesome port is that? It runs quite well on my Rebirth and, look at those graphics! (I loved the water graphics!) Thanks ptitSeb!

@ ptitSeb:

pandora:~$ cat /etc/powervr-esrev 

Yet I could install SGX driver 4.10.00.01 with Notax SGX driver installer r2...

Btw, SGX driver 4.09 doesn't show up in the list of available drivers here...

Cheers, Magic Sam

@magic_sam: ok, strange, but, well, if 4.10 works, than fine (btw, can you try the OGS Mahjong that is in the beta section with the 4.10 driver then?).

Ok, I tried something to try fix the terrain rendering issue, but I don't reproduce it in fact, so I cannot say if it's effective.

build 02

-----------

• Slightly changed rendering to try solving the black terrain some are experiencing

New build on the repo, using gl4es now (I think it's slightly faster, but just a bit)

build 03
-----------

• Updated libs
  • Switched to gl4es

Back