Beta ptitSeb's Beta Lair

Actually...

Per this thread: https://github.com/godotengine/godot/issues/24723

Looks like for X11 builds Godot use openGL 2.1, so I will need to use gl4es if I don't want to manually try to tear everything apart. I switched to ES 2.0 with gl4es and I've gotten a window to open, but lots of errors now that I'll need to dig into.

I haven't looked at the build system of Godot... "Activate" the GLES2 build (is not just linking, you need to build for gles2 or it will not work).

To use GL2.1 with gl4es, simply export LIBGL_ES=2 to use ES2 and shaders support.

Yep that is pretty much what I realized last night. I thought godot was supposed to support both, so I imagined it was able to detect libGL or GLES and switch, but that isn’t how it works unfortunately.

I thought I saw raspberry pi threads where people were using gl4es to run it, but haven’t found solid details yet. Some posters linked to the eltechs site which no longer exists.

I have it running with the LIBGL_ES=2 but get really odd syntax errors as it runs. I will try to debug them and post.

Last edited:
Next codeblock release will have neofetch
neofetch01.png

I'll probably try to build gcc 10 before creating the pnd. Then I'll probably push the pnd to the repo and will stop update it unless some breaking bug is found.

That's a weird target for GTA3. IIRC it came out before OpenGL was very old at all*, but I guess the openGL target is more an artifact of whatever the porter had on their system when they ported it. But with a bit of luck they might not be using any advanced shader tactics, or whatever else is between the OGL2ish that we support and 3.3

* Yes, OpenGL was at 1.3 at the date of GTA3's PS2 release at least, and 1.4 was still not released by the time it got ported to Windows.

Well, it's OpenGL 3.3, so it will need some work. I'll put it on my TODO...
Consider adding Vice City to the list as well, there's a branch dedicated to it, it should be easier after porting GTA3.

So, I build a version of re3. And as I expected, it is WAAAAAY too slow on the Pandora. Like 0.5fps. But again, that was really expected. It was easy to build, so not too much a waste of time. Graphics looks ok, if a little dark to my taste. I haked to source to use the in dev. GLES2 sources on OpenGL2 (so using gl4es). Technically it works fine.

Attachments

• gta3_01.png
    gta3_01.png
    352.6 KB · Views: 235
  • gta3_02.png
    gta3_02.png
    245.2 KB · Views: 232
  • gta3_03.png
    gta3_03.png
    341.2 KB · Views: 235
Last edited:
Ah, you need to overwrite some of the game datas with one from the re3 repo to get some of the menu items (I used gta3 from Steam for the datas).
I change graphics option, to remove the PS2 post effect bloom, and this speed up a lot the rendering on the Pandora. Still to slow to be playable, but it's now around 2 to 4 fps I guess.
Also picked a 16:9 aspect ratio.
Still not really playable, but better. I guess that may be a game for the Pyra.

Attachments

• gta3_04.png
    gta3_04.png
    400.9 KB · Views: 259
  • gta3_05.png
    gta3_05.png
    389.6 KB · Views: 259
  • gta3_06.png
    gta3_06.png
    403.9 KB · Views: 247
  • gta3_07.png
    gta3_07.png
    421.2 KB · Views: 248
Ah, you need to overwrite some of the game datas with one from the re3 repo to get some of the menu items (I used gta3 from Steam for the datas).
I change graphics option, to remove the PS2 post effect bloom, and this speed up a lot the rendering on the Pandora. Still to slow to be playable, but it's now around 2 to 4 fps I guess.
Also picked a 16:9 aspect ratio.
Still not really playable, but better. I guess that may be a game for the Pyra.
Good stuff. Going from 0.5fps to 2-4fps is a nice speed up.
Reminds me of trying to get Crysis running on the Eee pc 701 4g, it started but was like watching a powerpoint. But it's an achievement nonetheless.

Wow you are right.
Tapir is extremly slow.

Testet a few Games and other sgx driver.

It feels like 1Frame every 2 Seconds.

And the Picture is not in the Middle of the Screen.

Will test more these Days @evening with it.

Thank you for PNDing it and Compiling it.

I can upload a PND Runout..there was some Errors in it.

Back