Gizmondo!!!! Release Date

moz

load *,8,1
Website
Visit site
Gizmondo

"Momma Can I Mow the Lawn?" PSP and DS are doomed

hope this console gets a nice following of people its always good to see alternative machines out there

Here`s the first, Third party accessory you are going to need, To see that screen. :p

image001.jpg

Trooper

finty posted on Mar 19 2005 at 11:09 PM said:
Gizmondo; The console no one defends.
can you say the word "Gizmondo" without smiling?

Last edited by a moderator:
*Sigh* Trooper... we've been over this already... the screen isn't THAT small.....

Small screen and an even smaller library of games, many are shitty Zodiac ports. The games sucked on the Zodiac and are even worse on the tiny 2.8" GBA sized Giz screen. Meh, I will get a PSP instead.

hey all I'm saying is the screen isn't THAT small... I held one in person at E3 last year, the screen didn't strike me as being too small, well it's smaller than a PSP screen :p

I'm' not trying to say if it's a good system or anything like that... it will be just like the GP 32.... but minus the huge homebrew scene I guess :p Doesn't really leave much. It's too bad they dont make it open source like the GP as the hardware is VERY powerful and well suited to continue the legacy of the GP 32... well I haven't lost all hope that the Giz will have some good homebrew stuff pop up at some point.

I just wish there was more info on the Gizmondo's capabilities, more screens and stuff... there are screenshots out there that make it look like it has better graphics than the PSP, but some people have said these screens are fake... considering they can be found on the official gizmondo website, I somehow doubt they are faked pics.....

bast525 posted on Mar 20 2005 at 09:17 AM said:
*Sigh* Trooper... we've been over this already... the screen isn't THAT small.....

Ok, Maybe it was a little over the top, How about this one. :D

image002.jpg

Trooper

Yeah, the Giz isn't that bad, but for the suggested price of £229, not many people are going to be interested, considering the DS and PSP will be cheaper, and will have many more games. Slash the price by £100 and bring out a free launcher, and it may survive for a few years.

yeah the price is friggin retarded but I guess they are considering the other things it does like GPS... but really most of us could care less about that... it IS a game system and any extras they put in there are just that... extras... and they shouldnt' charge an arm and a leg for that stuff.

I like the adverts on the telly.

This is another thing that on paper, it should be the bst thing ever.

The screen isnt that small but when compared with the Zodiac, PSP or even the GP32, it is nothing.

If it wasn't so expensive and it supported the homebrew scene, I'd consider it.

Memnoch posted on Mar 21 2005 at 02:55 PM said:
bast525 posted on Mar 20 2005 at 08:17 AM said:

That screens gorgeous compared to my N-Gage!!

My ass is gorgeous compared to your n-gage,

and that aint saying much :p

;)

After watchin a tv programme with a title i fail to remember it became obvious who would be amoung gizmondos prime consumer base..............

PAEDOPHILES

I mean, come on, if all these kids have GPS systems pinpointing exactly where they are, and a paedophile has one..........................

I cant believe no one at Gizmondo thought of this, and if they have, did they do anything about it

whoah, you guys spell it like that? for a sec i thought you meant pdaophiles, like people that love pdas or something :p

Back