Gizmondo To Have Official Homebrew

I don't think the giz is that bad... apparently the ads don't come up if you're doing anything at all, but charging for homebrew is stupidity

Goity posted on Dec 21 2005 at 06:13 PM said:
I don't think the giz is that bad... apparently the ads don't come up if you're doing anything at all, but charging for homebrew is stupidity

yupe, charging from homebrew is STUPID.

charging for a SDK is not good either. depending on the cost I think that will scare alot of dev away. and if they paid for the SDK there would be more incentive to charge for the appz

heck if I was a dev. I would stick with a free scene like the gp2x.

Last edited by a moderator:
The problem I see is that a lot of devs like feedback as an incentive to continue development on there stuff, so if only people who have also bought the SDK can run your homebrew, then you may have an incredibly limited range of people, and so very small amount of feedback, and may be put off.

If TT has to sign HB and you have to buy it does that mean that it will be DRMed to one unit only? If so that will suck. If your unit goes dead and you get a replacement then all of your stuff stops working, BAH!

This whole strategy sounds like a last ditch effort. I suppose they figure since no regular game studios will touch the thing they are hoping that "some 15 year old in Iowa" will make games for them. I guess they figure a tetris or pong clone is better than no games at all, So sad.

DaveC posted on Dec 21 2005 at 11:46 PM said:
If TT has to sign HB and you have to buy it does that mean that it will be DRMed to one unit only? If so that will suck. If your unit goes dead and you get a replacement then all of your stuff stops working, BAH!

This whole strategy sounds like a last ditch effort. I suppose they figure since no regular game studios will touch the thing they are hoping that "some 15 year old in Iowa" will make games for them. I guess they figure a tetris or pong clone is better than no games at all, So sad.
hahahahaha

drmd giz would be real nice and at least the joypad would be more useable than the crap i got with my gp2x :)

Take that back!!! *forms a lynch mob*

I like my gp2x but the giz is a much better piece of hardware and with homebrew on the way it could take the homebrew crown :)
There are loads of commecial games on the way and with 400mhz chip it beats the dual 200mhz of the gp2x hands down (plus the giz has a 128bit nvidia graphics card).
You people underestimate the giz , there may be a few surprises instore for you yet.

The only suprise is that somone can still like playing on that crappy little postage stamp screen. Sell the GP2X then go back to jiz land fanboi ;)

I have never really taken an interest in the gizmondo, purely because it looks absolutely discusting (in my opinion, of course), but it will be interestig to see how the homebrew goes.

matt goode posted on Dec 23 2005 at 11:48 PM said:
I have never really taken an interest in the gizmondo, purely because it looks absolutely discusting (in my opinion, of course), but it will be interestig to see how the homebrew goes.

I took interest in it for awhile. Considered getting one. But the more I looked into it the more that I thought it was a pointless system. It became like the n-gage only worse, because the games were crappier and had less. If you want 3D get a PSP. The PSP has homebrew too, but *free*. Small screen, a battery that drains itself even if not in use, ugly, super gay name, piggy Win-CE os, DRM out of the wazoo, annoying ads possibility, no stereo speakers, Planned obsolescence (new and different format version already comming soon). This thing will go down the tubes after the zodiac, and the zodiac was better.

Some of the jiz fanbois are feeling cocky (besides the one in their pants) now that HB may be possible. I say meh.

Oh and Supaimposter, fuck the fagmondo, piss all over it.

http://www.gizmondoforums.com/forums/index...?showtopic=4702

I don't see the Gizmondo going anywhere special. The unit looks like an ngage, tiny screen too, 'offers' some nice ads, is incredibly expensive for what is given, has little to no features that many people find interesting, and offers few games.

Just seeing those facts makes me want to wonder why anyone would even want to look at it.

It was vapourware before it was released. It went nowhere, and is already dead.

supaimposter posted on Dec 23 2005 at 11:42 PM said:
I like my gp2x but the giz is a much better piece of hardware and with homebrew on the way it could take the homebrew crown :)

You don't realize it do you?! You will have TO PAY for homebrew but to make things worse THE DEVS will have to PAY for the Devkits! Anyone believing that this will be the next gp32(reffering to the homebrew crown here) must eather be nuts or completely blind for the obvious.

There are loads of commecial games on the way and with 400mhz chip it beats the dual 200mhz of the gp2x hands down

How do you know? Are you a Dev? Did you know the gp2x is certified to run both cpu's at 266mhz too? You sure have ARM Charts here to tell us how much faster an Arm9 @400mhz is than two at 266mhz ;)

You people underestimate the giz , there may be a few surprises instore for you yet.

Nope, it's just that you completely overestimate it ;)

The most expensive piece of crap I ever saw, honestly, buy a Zodiac instead at least it's worth the money and has a nice screen -I would even take the PSP before even thinking of buying a Gizmo :ph34r:

the Jiz's model of homebrew is just stupid.

paying for a it.. ..

I"m sure it will work just as fine as it's Ad sponsored discounted version

I aint seen the gizmondo or seen the specs.

But it sounds like it quite a good machine with that nvidia Gfx card...

Deleted User posted on Dec 24 2005 at 07:21 AM said:
I aint seen the gizmondo or seen the specs.

But it sounds like it quite a good machine with that nvidia Gfx card...

machine wise it's good from spec but for me:

- it's butt ugly unit
- expensive or get ads on your console
- built in battery
- no good games for it.

Back