Ginge

Can someone package a few of these up and put them in the Caanoo section, which incidentally might benefit from a "Ginge'ified Releases" sub-section, now ..

jlenoconel said:
jlenoconel said:
Great work. I am having a problem though. I can't seem to get anything to load. How exactly am I supposed to set everything up on my card. Even tried the PC Engine emulator mentioned above but no cigar.

I'm reposting this because I still need a solution on how to compile stuff to get it to load under Ginge. Any help is appreciated.

I just set everything up exactly as it was on my GP2X card - i.e. folders at root level on GP2X I put at root level on Caanoo.

Check the readme's for each one.

Last edited by a moderator:
I forgot to mention that in all of the games I tested, none responded to the touch screen. Is there currently touch screen support for Wiz applications in Ginge?

I've not been able to launch anything except for Cave Story and Return of the Hylian (Both GP2X) on my firmware 1.6.0 Caanoo. Tried dozens of Wiz and GP2x applications, even those 'confirmed working,' and the only difference is wether it drops back to GINGE's GP2X menu or the Caanoo menu when the application fails to launch. Re-downloaded and reinstalled both GINGE and applications over and over again on two different cards, with both card readers and through the caanoo's USB cable. Location on the SD (GINGE in games/apps, applications anywhere, even root folders) hasn't made any change either so far. After seeing so many successes, I'm really at a loss for what exactly is going on with mine, since there's only one other person here that might also be having problems. Any ideas on where to troubleshoot next?

someoneElse said:
I've not been able to launch anything except for Cave Story and Return of the Hylian (Both GP2X) on my firmware 1.6.0 Caanoo. Tried dozens of Wiz and GP2x applications, even those 'confirmed working,' and the only difference is wether it drops back to GINGE's GP2X menu or the Caanoo menu when the application fails to launch. Re-downloaded and reinstalled both GINGE and applications over and over again on two different cards, with both card readers and through the caanoo's USB cable. Location on the SD (GINGE in games/apps, applications anywhere, even root folders) hasn't made any change either so far. After seeing so many successes, I'm really at a loss for what exactly is going on with mine, since there's only one other person here that might also be having problems. Any ideas on where to troubleshoot next?

What applications exactly have you tried? Many simply don't work. Can you try Temper or UAE4ALL for the Wiz or Outcast in the GP2X version? All 3 worked fine for me.

ozzuneoj said:
I forgot to mention that in all of the games I tested, none responded to the touch screen. Is there currently touch screen support for Wiz applications in Ginge?

If you consult the "info" (inside the "GP2X" setting menu) the model that it appears is GP2X F100 (to be more precise the version without touchscreen)...
I don't know if and how it's possible change to "F200"...

CKeichel said:
What applications exactly have you tried? Many simply don't work. Can you try Temper or UAE4ALL for the Wiz or Outcast in the GP2X version? All 3 worked fine for me.

All the ones mentioned as working in this thread and dozens more (I've been trying anything I could grab off the archive since release). Temper will not launch either. UAE4all launches (that's a total of three!), but I don't have any amiga games to run in it. So one up, one down. There has to be something I'm missing to have such a drastically different compatibility to other users.

Gab1975 said:
ozzuneoj said:

If you consult the "info" (inside the "GP2X" setting menu) the model that it appears is GP2X F100 (to be more precise the version without touchscreen)...
I don't know if and how it's possible change to "F200"...

Touchscreen in the GP2x menu works fine.

someoneElse said:
All the ones mentioned as working in this thread and dozens more (I've been trying anything I could grab off the archive since release). Temper will not launch either. UAE4all launches (that's a total of three!), but I don't have any amiga games to run in it. So one up, one down. There has to be something I'm missing to have such a drastically different compatibility to other users.
if your running cd games on temper don't forget you need to get syscard files.

i've tried final burn alpha for the wiz and it goes to the rom selection screen but crashes and returns to the caanoo screen after trying to load any rom.

and i wasn't able to get any of the atari lynx emulators working.

blues2 said:
if your running cd games on temper don't forget you need to get syscard files.

I doubt that matters when it wasn't launching in the first place.

CKeichel said:
someoneElse said:

How did you get outcast to work ?.Every time i try it says" cant open tos rom".Ive renamed the tos rom and put it in the roms/atari-st/folder but it still doesnt work,
Im using us or uk tos img 1.02.
Thanks

wil hood said:
CKeichel said:
someoneElse said:

How did you get outcast to work ?.Every time i try it says" cant open tos rom".Ive renamed the tos rom and put it in the roms/atari-st/folder but it still doesnt work,
Thanks

It works fine with the UK rom, I am playing ST games the whole day. I heard once about some overdumped TOS 1.02 images floating around. Be sure, your TOS.ROM is 192 KB in size.

wil hood said:
CKeichel said:
someoneElse said:

Thanks

Hi WIll, check your PMs.

CKeichel said:
wil hood said:
CKeichel said:
someoneElse said:

Thanks
Ok thanks for the help
Also am I putting the TOS.ROM in the right place root/roms/atari-st ?.
Thanks
It works fine with the UK rom, I am playing ST games the whole day. I heard once about some overdumped TOS 1.02 images floating around. Be sure, your TOS.ROM is 192 KB in size.

notaz said:
Jurk said:
I've managed to make the execution of gp2x games (Wind & Water, Cave history... ) transparent, bypassing ginge's gp2x menu... but when I quit a game, it returns to ginge's gp2x menu... its annoying... Can it be bypassed to, maybe removing the gp2xmenu file?
Use this:
Code:
/mnt/sd/path/to/ginge_prep --nomenu ./someapp.gpe

Thanks!!!

Installation
------------

Application:
Copy OutcaST.gpe to your GP2X's SD card -- the root of the card, or anywhere
you deem appropriate.

ROMS (Atari ST Disk Images):
Create a directory on the root of your SD card: /roms/atari-st - all lowercase!
Copy .ST and .MSA disk images to this location; .zip versions of these files
should be okay as well (though I'm not sure if they work in the first alpha
of the emulator :)

TOS Operating System ROM:
The Atari ST has an operating system - one of the first GUI OSes, that
predated MSWindows by a long mile. This file could be of various versions
so we're looking for TOS 1.02 (sometimes called 1.20) ideally, best the
American or UK versions. TOS 1.04 (1.40) may work, as should 1.0 .. but
1.02 is the best. It might be called TOS.ROM or TOS.IMG or any number
of variations... but for our needs, call it TOS.ROM and drop it into
your /roms/atari-st folder on your SD card.

notaz said:
Jurk said:
I've managed to make the execution of gp2x games (Wind & Water, Cave history... ) transparent, bypassing ginge's gp2x menu... but when I quit a game, it returns to ginge's gp2x menu... its annoying... Can it be bypassed to, maybe removing the gp2xmenu file?
Use this:
Code:

If someone could write a quick tutorial for us thickos on how to make this kind of shortcut it'd be much appreciated!

AJack said:
notaz said:
Jurk said:
Use this:
Code:

If someone could write a quick tutorial for us thickos on how to make this kind of shortcut it'd be much appreciated!

I'm also a thicko .. I'd like to echo this

Back