Release Ginge

DaMummy

Soldier Paste
im having a bit of a problem with anything thats related to ginge, so please bear with me here. ok... everytime i run either ginge, gpsp, or gpfce, it seems to create a mount point, for example from entering mount in terminal, this is part of it....

/dev/loop0 on /mnt/utmp/gpfcegp2x type squashfs (ro)
none on /mnt/utmp/gpfcegp2x type aufs (rw,si=616feb77)
/dev/loop1 on /mnt/utmp/gpspwiz type squashfs (ro)
none on /mnt/utmp/gpspwiz type aufs (rw,si=636f3b77)
/dev/loop3 on /mnt/utmp/ginge.notaz type squashfs (ro)
none on /mnt/utmp/ginge.notaz type aufs (rw,si=65431737)

while none of are are running anymore, all are exited the right way after using them, and heres the current pstree, and top outputs... http://pastebin.com/kgNSMTUE to prove it. so my question is, why are these still mounted, why cant i umount them, because theyre causing me problems and not allowing me to launch other pnds from time to time. and i believe its also because of this that i cant unmount the sd card the ginge pnds are on now

notaz

Certified Guru
Website
notaz.gp2x.de
GP2X had a kernel without real thread support, which means C library was using processes as threads. The run scripts probably are not waiting enough for all processes to exit and unmount fails.

CPUnltd

hmm... I'm curious... what games have people not been able to play via GINGE? I've had a few crash and return to the menu screen... (can put a list together if necessary)...

PokeParadox

Founder of Pirate Games - Penjin Coder
Staff member
Website
www.projectinfinity.org.uk
for some reason Penjin stuff compiled dynamically with Open2X do not run... I think might be missing SDL_gfx libs... I can't remember offhand...