Cave Story On Caanoo

lisalover1

Still Fresh
Well, I have been trying to get my favorite freeware game of all time, Cave Story, working on my brand-new Caanoo, but I seem to be having a bit of trouble. I installed the Ginge program in the /apps folder of the SD card on my Caanoo, which allowed me to play Wind and Water Puzzle Battles, but that seemed to be formatted in a Caanoo-compatible way when I downloaded it [i.e With a folder and a .ini file]. I searched around this forum for tips, and found that someone had packaged a Wiz-compatible version of Cave Story that worked with Ginge. But, I downloaded it, and there was not .ini file with it; only a folder and a .gpe file. I tried putting it in the /game folder anyway, but, as expected, the system did not recognize the file. So, what should I be doing to get this running?

lisalover1 said:
Well, I have been trying to get my favorite freeware game of all time, Cave Story, working on my brand-new Caanoo, but I seem to be having a bit of trouble. I installed the Ginge program in the /apps folder of the SD card on my Caanoo, which allowed me to play Wind and Water Puzzle Battles, but that seemed to be formatted in a Caanoo-compatible way when I downloaded it [i.e With a folder and a .ini file]. I searched around this forum for tips, and found that someone had packaged a Wiz-compatible version of Cave Story that worked with Ginge. But, I downloaded it, and there was not .ini file with it; only a folder and a .gpe file. I tried putting it in the /game folder anyway, but, as expected, the system did not recognize the file. So, what should I be doing to get this running?

Check your PMs, I've sent you a premade copy of the wrapper I made for the GP2X version of Cave Story. It should not be significantly different from the examples found in the main GINGE thread, but saves time reading through many pages to find out how to make a simple text file in the correct manner for use with it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Never played Cave Story before and it sounds like there´s more than one - what is the best one to play via ginge?

ruffnutts ;)

Ok thanks - like I said never played it before @ sebt3 why the wiz port just wondered?

P.S I have tried it before remember now lol as I do own a next to brand new gp2x
Never used it because of the poor battery life :blink:

ruffnutts said:
@ sebt3 why the wiz port just wondered?
The comment on the wiz filearchive page seems to say it is a bit faster than using ginge on the gp2x game.

If you never playd this game, you've to start *now*

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the heads up - I´m using the wiz version via ginge and it works great, I have known about it for a long time
But just never got round to playing it - but I´going to start now lol thanks again..

ruffnuts ;)

Back