Dastardly Dungeon
Deal or No Deal
freedroid
Unicolor
Blobwars: Metal Blob Solid
Max in Ghostpix
Super Methane Bros
mk13 (that make 13 card game)
nethack (I think it works at least, its a bit hard to figure out...)
RetroVirus
Temper

Doesn't work:

logoball (loading then black screen)
OpenBOR
Zombiepox2X
abe
Alex the Alligator
freec2x
OpenTyrian
Powder2X (just shows open ./powder:)
Tower Toppler (loads but the main menu is somehow blown up to about 4x the size!)
wizznic
xRic
frodo
eduke

RetroVortex said:
Here's some more stuff that works and doesn't work for me:

Works:
Dastardly Dungeon
Deal or No Deal
freedroid
Unicolor
Blobwars: Metal Blob Solid
Max in Ghostpix
Super Methane Bros
mk13 (that make 13 card game)
nethack (I think it works at least, its a bit hard to figure out...)
RetroVirus
Temper

Doesn't work:

logoball (loading then black screen)
OpenBOR
Zombiepox2X
abe
Alex the Alligator
freec2x
OpenTyrian
Powder2X (just shows open ./powder:)
Tower Toppler (loads but the main menu is somehow blown up to about 4x the size!)
wizznic
xRic
frodo
eduke

eduke works for me what error do you get and what version are you using. GP2x or WIZ?

Last edited by a moderator:
qbertaddict said:
eduke works for me what error do you get and what version are you using. GP2x or WIZ?

I'm using the GP2X version I think...
(well the one uploaded here on the download section)

@ruffnutts yeah i have ginge in apps folder it just feels weird having it in the game folder.

someoneElse said:
Hmm, just tried GINGE with the same game files in the same location on three different SD cards, and still doesn't launch. I guess that means there may actually be a difference in the hardware after all, or it's time to re-flash my 1.6.0. Mine is a Batch Three unit, yours? (I.E. 'did it come with a caanoo-branded SD card?')

I bought SD card separately... a standard Sandisk SDHC 16 GB Ultra Class 4...

RetroVortex said:
qbertaddict said:

I'm using the GP2X version I think...
(well the one uploaded here on the download section)

I cant get eDuke to work either I got mine form Here :(

Any ideas?

StalkS

Try this version: http://dl.openhandhelds.org/cgi-bin/gp2x.cgi?0,0,0,0,20,956
I use it on my Caanoo and I can play with Duke Nukem 3D (obviously trough the Ginge) without any problem! ;)

Gab1975 said:
Try this version: http://dl.openhandhelds.org/cgi-bin/gp2x.cgi?0,0,0,0,20,956
I use it on my Caanoo and I can play with Duke Nukem 3D (obviously trough the Ginge) without any problem! ;)

Thanks! This version works! So not really 'eDuke' but 'duke2x'.

Did you get the Music to work?

Thanks again.

I can confirm duke2x works.
(Though for some reason Duke sounds like he has been neutered! XD (And I can't seem to get a good mapping of the controls either... :/)

Also both versions of Dosbox (GP2X and Wiz) don't seem to work, neither does alexkidd2x.

StalkS said:
Did you get the Music to work?

Yes... put the timidity dir in the root of your SD, copy the file timidity.cfg into a "duke2x" dir and then add this line at the start of the file (use a stardard notepad editor):
dir /mnt/sd/timidity/

You can download the timidity instruments from here: http://www.libsdl.org/projects/SDL_mixer/timidity/timidity.tar.gz

Yes! Ginge is an awesome addition to the Caanoo!

Anyone had any luck getting Aleph One (Marathon port) running with Ginge? It just crashes back to the menu for me...

Rise of the Triad (Wiz) also works, although the key mapping is crazy. The "fire" key also turns you to the left and the "look up" key is stuck... Bummer.

LP

I`ve decided to have a separate SD for ginge when using gp2x/wiz I`ve made a autorun.gpu file so it boots straight into ginge on switch on,
I did this for my pcsx4all SD card when I was beta testing it... so now it feels like I got a GP2X F200 lol

man I`m a sado lol ;)

ruffnutts said:
I`ve decided to have a separate SD for ginge when using gp2x/wiz I`ve made a autorun.gpu file so it boots straight into ginge on switch on,
I did this for my pcsx4all SD card when I was beta testing it... so now it feels like I got a GP2X F200 lol

man I`m a sado lol ;)

I tried this too, but it seems I am to dumb, this is what I wrote in the autorun.gpu

#!/bin/sh
cd /mnt/sd/APPS/ginge
exec ./ginge.gpe

Can you tell me, what I am doing wrong?

CKeichel said:
ruffnutts said:

man I`m a sado lol ;)

I tried this too, but it seems I am to dumb, this is what I wrote in the autorun.gpu

#!/bin/sh
cd /mnt/sd/APPS/ginge
exec ./ginge.gpe

Can you tell me, what I am doing wrong?

Well as I`m using a dedecated card I just extracted ginge onto the root of the SD and created with notepad 2 autotun.gpu see below,
I also made 4 folders gp2x game - gp2x app - wiz game - wiz app on the root of the card to...

#!/bin/sh
cd /mnt/sd
exec ./ginge.gpe

ruffnutts ;)

ruffnutts said:
Well as I`m using a dedecated card I just extracted ginge onto the root of the SD and created with notepad 2 autotun.gpu see below,
I also made 4 folders gp2x game - gp2x app - wiz game - wiz app on the root of the card to...

#!/bin/sh
cd /mnt/sd
exec ./ginge.gpe

ruffnutts ;)

It worked, when I copied the ginge folder to the root directory and wrote the following autorun.gpu

#!/bin/sh
cd /mnt/sd/ginge
exec ./ginge.gpe

I also tried to mount the APPS directory and then launch ginge with
exec./ginge/ginge.gpe
this doesn't work either. I am not familiar enough with linux to see why this didn't work.

CKeichel said:
ruffnutts said:

#!/bin/sh
cd /mnt/sd
exec ./ginge.gpe

ruffnutts ;)

It worked, when I copied the ginge folder to the root directory and wrote the following autorun.gpu

#!/bin/sh
cd /mnt/sd/ginge
exec ./ginge.gpe

I also tried to mount the APPS directory and then launch ginge with
exec./ginge/ginge.gpe
this doesn't work either. I am not familiar enough with linux to see why this didn't work.

Cool ;) because I`m using ginge on a sd card only I never put ginge in a folder thats why my autorun.gpu dont contain the folder
Its all on the root...

BTW I was just playing Quake 2 for the wiz through ginge, works ok.... like it :D

Many thanks for ginge, playing wind and water at the moment.
Unfortunately none of the C64 emus seems to work. Tried frodo and vice with no luck.
Anyway, ginge rocks.

ghead2k said:
Many thanks for ginge, playing wind and water at the moment.
Unfortunately none of the C64 emus seems to work. Tried frodo and vice with no luck.
Anyway, ginge rocks.
Yes. I was hoping for some C64 emu action at long last but this was not to be :(

Anyone had luck with finalburn2x for wiz - it boots after a while then when I run DoDonPachi.zip it throws me back to the Ginge menu?

Any help cheers ;)

Back