Gametrac/gizmondo

Gizmondo Shizmondo - look at the specs
"...enjoy music on the move....stereo headset socket" - NO SPEAKERS !
"...'destruct at engagement' methods to prohibit piracy and theft" - WHAT !!!!
"...enabling technology will eventually... entire feature films" - LIKE WHEN ?

I'll stick with GP32 thank you.

Gizmondo Shizmondo - look at the specs
"...enjoy music on the move....stereo headset socket" - NO SPEAKERS !
"...'destruct at engagement' methods to prohibit piracy and theft" - WHAT !!!!
"...enabling technology will eventually... entire feature films" - LIKE WHEN ?

I'll stick with GP32 thank you.
So the Gizmondo blows up....fucks me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reading between the lines on the Gizmondo site - I think they are talking about delivering movies via GPRS - not from local storage.

As it comes with Windows Media Player it should be able to play movies encoded using Vdub and the correct codec - e.g. avi, using Divx4.12 code from a Memory card.

It looks nice, and if its reasonably priced, I might get it, however, I AM disappointed with the screen size - they should make it wider, at least, if it becomes popular someone will bring out a screen magnifier....

Unless it gets a homebrew community (here's hoping) similar to the magnificient Gp32s then it doesn't stand a hope in Hell against the big boys...

BUT if it is popular, maybe GamePark will suddenly get interested in Gp64 again...

Argon0

<< They simply wouldn't be around today were it not for the dev community.

Would you have bought a handheld that had about 12 games, a few in engrish, and the capaility to watch movies?

i don't think any of us would have got the gp on the strength of tomak, pinball dreams, little wizard and a few other games! >>

They might have been able to survive on Asian sales alone.

<< They simply wouldn't be around today were it not for the dev community.

Would you have bought a handheld that had about 12 games, a few in engrish, and the capaility to watch movies?

i don't think any of us would have got the gp on the strength of tomak, pinball dreams, little wizard and a few other games! >>

They might have been able to survive on Asian sales alone.
true, hadn't actually considered that option!

when i was over in korea two christmasses ago i saw a fair number of gp32 vendors, the electronics markets they have there are huge, well over the size of a decent village here in england, and that was just one of them!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back