Games For 3+ Players That You Know

@jbr very helpful! Fantastic post. Liquid war must be very fun with 3+ ppl.
Can't wait to try all these games in the Panda. I plan to make tutorials on how to configure gamepads & soft for party playing when I get it working.

Oh! And a DDR-clone will be very fun too. Need a dancemat though.

As I understand it the NeoGeo will run fairly smoothly on Pandora. Is it possible to play an arcade version of the games with many controllers?

JeanLouSchmidt said:
Dreamcast emulator can be done or is this just a dream ?
have a look here :
http://www.racketboy.com/retro/sega/dreamc...ayer-games.html

Best multi-player games ever !

The Dreamcast is a great system with a host of great games, however, don't get your hopes up for an emulator. Dreamcast would be severely pushing the limits of the pandora if it is even possible. There is someone porting a DC emu to the PSP, and he said he would consider porting it to the Pandora when he gets it working well on the PSP, but I'd suggest you don't set the bar that high, that way, you can be pleasantly surprised if it does get pulled off.

-God Ginrai

Last edited by a moderator:
God Ginrai said:
JeanLouSchmidt said:
Dreamcast emulator can be done or is this just a dream ?
have a look here :
http://www.racketboy.com/retro/sega/dreamc...ayer-games.html

Best multi-player games ever !

The Dreamcast is a great system with a host of great games, however, don't get your hopes up for an emulator. Dreamcast would be severely pushing the limits of the pandora if it is even possible. There is someone porting a DC emu to the PSP, and he said he would consider porting it to the Pandora when he gets it working well on the PSP, but I'd suggest you don't set the bar that high, that way, you can be pleasantly surprised if it does get pulled off.

-God Ginrai

I have to agree with both of you. I have half those games, and I must say that playing any of them on a Pandora would be an amazing experience, but at the same time I'm not going to bet on it happening. Sure, there will be a Dreamcast emulator eventually, but I don't think playing at 8FPS will be any fun...

Of course, like I think I mentioned already, an n64 emulator would allow us to play loads of four player games, because none of the earlier major consoles had four controller ports built in. I think n64 emulation is a lot more likely to work, assuming someone who knows what they're doing and isn't afraid to be creative will develop it. I mean, UltraHLE was running n64 games full speed on Pentium IIs just a few years after the console itself came out! Super Smash Bros is, after all, the ultimate party game.

How about Tremulous ?
its open source q3 bases game!
134_thumb.jpg
129_thumb.jpg
127_thumb.jpg
131_thumb.jpg

Game_over said:
ledow said:
Super Mario War!

http://smw.72dpiarmy.com/

hmmm....I forgot about that game, great fun indeed. Bet it be fun to use the source code to remake it for the pandora :ph34r: .

Lol super mariokart battle mode is such great fun!

I think dinosaurs & caddilacs have 3p mode.... and some 2d zombie "forgot the name" shooting game ala operation wolf style. Or the classic snake game.

I have another game to add, which I forgot the first time around - Puzzle Bobble 2 supports up to four players.

conso said:
I'll definatly give a port of stk a try as soon as we have the first alpha based on irrlicht. Probably in 3 months or so. However, you can be sure some mayor changes will have happened till then, so feel free to play STK on your PC right now ;)
Sweet. :D And, ok, you convinced me - I'll give it a shot later. :)

Hi! I'm from Argentina and I am a future owner of a Pandora handheld (when I get the money and the orders are open). This is an interesting thread, and considering that Pandora will emulate GameBoy Advance, an idea came to my mind. I have ever wanted to play The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords, a Zelda game that can only be played with four players with four consoles with their respective game, but I couldn't get the people (and consoles) necessary to play the game. So I was wondering if it will be possible to play Four Swords with four people running in a GameBoy Advance Pandora emulator. I hope it is possible, it would just be awesome.

This is the Wikipedia article: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Legend_of...t.2FFour_Swords

See ya!

It can be if there is multiplayer in the emulator like pandora to pandora or even pandora to computer :huh: . anyways I recommend that you get Dungeons and Dragons CPS2 games they were really fun 4 player beat em up's.

Is it possible that emulators could use bluetooth or wifi perhaps in order to connect various pandora's to conduct a multiplayer game?

Morgan said:
Hi! I'm from Argentina and I am a future owner of a Pandora handheld (when I get the money and the orders are open). This is an interesting thread, and considering that Pandora will emulate GameBoy Advance, an idea came to my mind. I have ever wanted to play The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords, a Zelda game that can only be played with four players with four consoles with their respective game, but I couldn't get the people (and consoles) necessary to play the game. So I was wondering if it will be possible to play Four Swords with four people running in a GameBoy Advance Pandora emulator. I hope it is possible, it would just be awesome.

This is the Wikipedia article: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Legend_of...t.2FFour_Swords

See ya!

Are you talking about one Pandora doing all the emulation, or four seperate ones?
Because if it's the former, that would be a pretty cool Idea actually ^.^ Not necessarily for GBA (not sure if the Panda could handle 4 instances of a GBA emu at once), but maybe it could work with the original Gameboy...
If that worked you could, for instance, play Pokemon side by side with a friend on the TV (or divided - one person plays on the Pandora, one on the TV) and be able to actually finish the game (well, complete your pokedex) because you have somebody to trade pokemons with :D

Back