2 Player 1 Pandora Games

MarkoeZ

arr matey?
Website
projectinfinity.org.uk
Hi everybody,

I was playing on the pandora with a friend, and it was quite hard to find games that have a "hotseat" mode. Lots of networked stuff, but not much nice quick action. (I could connect a gamepad, i know, but not sure how to do that yet, and it would be a different topic in a different section ; )
So interested in your suggestions.

Right now we have:

• XScorch
  • Wormux (or worms on emu, multiple players possible)
  • Advance Wars (GBA, long)
  • Battle for Wesnoth (long game)
  • Freeciv (long game)
  • fHeroes (many players possible, long game)
  • Tic Tac Toe

and i don't mind if they are on any fullspeed emulated platforms.

Cheers!

MarkoeZ

P.s: Poke? Thinking the same?

Edit: Will update main post with a list as soon as there is one to make ;)

There's not many.

BomberClone is one of them.

Exophase is working on a port of temper which will include netplay though. Can't wait till netplay is standard.

[edit] nevermind, I'm retarded. I read "2 player, 2 pandora games" :rolleyes:

I'm pretty sure Battle for Wesnoth can do that. Though it's games tend to last a few hours.

I was thinking of Worms, I thought there was one on SNES and it should have a mode where you can pass the controller/pandora on to the next player when it's their turn.

Advance Wars:

adv_screen004.jpg

The best way to kill ten hours with a friend.

Worms is def a good game to play hotseat

I'm not sure if Point Blank does that option or if you have to play at some time on screen, maybe the party mode or something? Been a while since I play it but I love it, it's on MAME and PSX so I'm hoping will run well

perhaps an owner can confirm if it runs ok on pandora, and if it does have that option. It would be perfect for a quick burn when you've few mins to kill or a long session

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5kSpqfVToWs

Maybe a Pong type game that takes advantage of the nubs?

frozen bubble !

I'm sure it can be configured to use one nub for one player, and another nub for second player. Then you have some quick action and lots of fun.

Pong with 2 people huddled up on 1 pandora? Yikes.

Anyway, pretty much any game can be passed off after every level, or games like SMB or SMW. It wouldn't be competitive, but I still found it fun to do with the original consoles back in the day. Not everything needs to be about beating each other.

cosurgi said:
frozen bubble !

I'm sure it can be configured to use one nub for one player, and another nub for second player. Then you have some quick action and lots of fun.
I'ld love to but without perl-sdl, that's a no go.

Last edited by a moderator:
paulguy said:
Pong with 2 people huddled up on 1 pandora? Yikes.

Anyway, pretty much any game can be passed off after every level, or games like SMB or SMW. It wouldn't be competitive, but I still found it fun to do with the original consoles back in the day. Not everything needs to be about beating each other.
Seems like a nerdy way to spend a date.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've added a multiplayer column to the Games list on the Pandora wiki:
http://pandorawiki.org/Games

The few mentioned in this thread are on there. Please help out if you know of any more.

Does the Ur-Quan Masters support multiplayer yet? I know that the original supports both single-system and network (online) types in melee...

I'm thinking that single-system multiplayer might get much easier when those TV Out cables finally ship some time after October, so that you could then connect the Pandora to a TV and connect a second controller to it, so that you don't both have to crowd around one screen...

Wormux now ported :) that's perfect

p.s. i was also thinking of the HORSE playmode of tony hawk on the psx emu. but i tried, and it does not play well for me. Textures not showing correctly

Back