you know what would be totally awesome?

KrazyKain

Still Fresh
Imagine if there was an onlive client for the pandora... I hate that it requires a subscription and still requires you to pay full price for the games but damn if it meant I could essentially play crisis level games on my pandora.... I'd sign up in a heartbeat.

http://www.onlive.com

for those who don't know, onlive is a service that allows you to play high end games on just about any computer by doing all the processing on their servers and streaming the game to you. you need a VERY good internet connection, but actual computer power isn't an issue, so it would be awesome on pandora

This has been discussed many times... Unfortunately, OnLive is improbable since there's no source code. No source=no service.

But it's a nice idea, regardless.

Let's check 'em when there will be like a 100 thousand Pandoras in the Wild :-D

Basically it's a niche too small for them to be interested, you should update your dream with this condition. However, like you said, a man can dream...

Yeah, maybe if we can convince them to give us the source... Imagine, that'd be a bunch of subscribers overnight! Unfortunately...

You know what would be awesome?

That users read or search the forum before posting.
dry.gif

I think "onlive on pandora" already have quite a bunch of topics, and the answer since the very first is always the same.

Anyway, what we really need is an opensource onlive clone!

That way we wouldn't have to pay 10$ each month to be able to play games bought at retail price for which we will never get the disks.

And you wouldn't loose your games if the company went bust.

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe a way to stream games to our Pandora from our own computers?

Maybe a way to stream games to our Pandora from our own computers?

That's exactly what I meant… that would be f**king awesome!

And streaming stereo audio and 800x480 video shouldn't be that bandwidth heavy.

I have on live myself and yes that would be great I just don't think the pandora would be good for it. Nothing against the pandora but it would kill the batteries and with the wifi issue going n right now just wouldn't be a great idea yet

Yea, I was wondering about playing games over VNC. I assume it would be too laggy, but it might be possible to make it a playable speed. Anybody had any success with it? I plan on trying it out a few days after I get mine.

VNC isn't made for gaming, but for remote control where latency isn't a problem.

In VNC there is a massive lag between the action you make and the result.

Even using VNC on two high-end computer result in big latencies.

Otherwise, I would never have told that we need an onlive clone, I would have said "just use VNC".
wink.gif

VNC isn't made for gaming, but for remote control where latency isn't a problem.

Otherwise, I would never have told that we need an onlive clone, I would have said "just use VNC".
wink.gif
Well isn't OnLive essentially VNC? Or am I missing something?

Somebody should optimizing VNC for games. It's worth a shot.

wink.gif
Well isn't OnLive essentially VNC? Or am I missing something?

Somebody should optimizing VNC for games. It's worth a shot.

Well Onlive being essentially VNC is like saying Dog is essentially a Hamster because they are both fuzzy and have four legs.

Yeah, what really makes OnLive so different? If we figure that out, we may have a chance at something big here...

Given the Pandora's current performance on video decoding I doubt OnLive would work very well. The DSP would need to be usable first.

Back