Gameloft Reveals $80 Bluetooth Controller

Is it wrong to write a comment under that Gameloft controller story - about how you believe the ICP2 is a better option and also provide the KS link. I always feel a bit funny doing things like that. Its like your screwing with someones press coverage. Like for example someone posting that they believe another product is better in an ICP2 story.

What does everyone think about this?

Awesome news. They've made their games compatible with Bluetooth controllers and their offering is shitty and overpriced...

Can anyone see the potential of a certain open-source controller emulating this PoS and getting dual analogue support for those 5 games?

We need to reverse engineer this. And we need to do it yesterday. Support for shit like CoD is the single most requested iCP feature on my YouTube review.

They will sell these controllers for the COD support alone. If they don't go vapor ware.

How. Does. It. Work?

I like the joysticks. Much better than the nubs on the ICP. IMO.

But it looks like crap.

Odd looking. No innovation. All that wasted space on it!

They could have put some useful function keys in that space.

Last edited by a moderator:

And yet it looks much more ergonomic for the holder than the icp/2. Also, the joysticks seem better too.

The Pandoras nubs are pretty good for how flat they have to be, but "real" joysticks should win in every case - for games at least.

And yet it looks much more ergonomic for the holder than the icp/2. Also, the joysticks seem better too.

The Pandoras nubs are pretty good for how flat they have to be, but "real" joysticks should win in every case - for games at least.

Ah so you have used one? Tell us more...

I used to magic words here Mr.: "looks" and "seem".

The joysticks look like those you find on normal controllers - and yes, those I have used.

WOW, Gameloft is probably one of the biggest ios/android developers out there, and their trying to charge $80 for a device that only works with their own games? WTF?! are they smoking?

That controller looks like there is about $5-10 worth of production involved. For $20, I'm sure it would be a great value, even if it's only for Gameloft titles(since they have so many), but $80 is just crazy. Maybe a portion of that price goes in to making their current lineup of games compatible. Gameloft really makes some nice cheap alternative games for phones & tablets, but it looks like they spent no time at all on this contoller design, which is a real pity considering what they are charging for it.

This makes the ICP2 look like the best value on the market.

Chris

well, at least there is something to reverse-engineer and really make use of the openness of the icp2 ;)

native support for gameloft games would really be a win.

Even if the controller is quite good... it just seem like a normal console controller. I doesn't seem portable at all, especially with the stand for the tablet.

So the market is basically people who have a tablet and want to game at home but don't want/have a console.

If Fisher-Price made game controllers -

Screen-Shot-2012-10-01-at-2.05.30-PM-260x322.png

$80 for that? :S

Ha. That's not a review, it's a re-worded press release with some observational opinion.

Generic photos, not a word to suggest they've had a hands on. I'd chalk it up as a worthless shill if they hadn't berated the controller for looking crap and probably feeling crap.

This can be supported if they are using public input methods like keyboard / Bluetooth 4.0 LE

If they're using the "Made for iPhone" program as I would guess by this quote: "the first bluetooth gamepad to make it through the Apple certification process", communication is encrypted using a hardware chip (and thus is significantly hard for us to support).

If I get around to finishing my iCP support for iOS, I could maybe include a way to directly/automatically hook into Gameloft games from the jailbreak side without mapping input.

Back