Game Gadget

FZERO,

Do the firmware updates change key assignments in Sandbox (Dingux) mode?

I was thinking that either a config menu, config file, command line options, or even a recompile may be needed to make the dingux emulators use different keys.

I did a compile of GnuBoy for Dingux ages ago to change the keys, but that was to match the dingoo buttons.

Was not hard to do. . . Now where to find the latest source code . . .

Seems not, unfortunately.

I just updated and tested.

I was running v0.99

Dingux emu under sandbox

NES emu

Super Mario Bros

B=Run

A=Jump

Updated to v1.00

Dingux emu under sandbox

NES emu

Super Mario Bros

B=Run

A=Jump

...still.

Since I decided to keep the GameGadget I, hopefully, will get around to tracking down the sources and changing the key assignments.

Some things may be configurable using the command line options in the plugins folder.

For example:

\plugins\gameboy\plugin_gnuboy.txt

Code:
name "GNUBOY"

ident.wildcard "*.zip"

ident.rootpath "roms/gameboy"

ident.rootpath.exclusive 1

plugin.command "gnuboy %* %(QA_SHOWFPS?--sdl_showfps=1) --sdl_scale=1 --vmode=320,240,16 --samplerate=22050"

media_mgr.min_ver 85

attach.index_sort 128

attach.hide_ext 1

attach.sort_alpha 1

import.locale "GG_Locale.set"

subitem games.other tag=games.gameboy text=plugin.gameboy.attach_name sort_alpha opt=hideempty

attachto games.gameboy

recentlist.attach games.lastplayed

The plugin.command "gnuboy %* %(QA_SHOWFPS?--sdl_showfps=1) --sdl_scale=1 --vmode=320,240,16 --samplerate=22050"

should be able to be changed, and gnuboy usually supports the "--bind " command line which can be used to change keys.

Gnuboy may also use a gnuboy.rc config file if placed in \plugins\gameboy\ as this is where it saves game data.

FCEU (NES) should also have comnand line and config file options.

I guess it would depend if those features were still present in the various Dingux ports.

I haven't tried any of this yet.

Yeah, it kinda sux, I pretty much got stuck with it because I would lose money on return postage.

The only saving grace is the sandbox mode which allows Dingux to work off of SD card.

I have several Dingoos and have ported stuff over before.

So I think with a little work it at least it would be a capable basic emulation machine.

Things like Game Boy/NES/Genesis/MAME work okay on Dingux.

I'll probably set it up and give it away as a gift to a young family member.

The native MAME emulator works kinda okay as well so enabling all those games would make it at least entertaining.

It is not a priority for me to get it working as I have described.

Though I am confident it can be done.

I do not recommend buying it.

oh! Which one, theres two. Probably both?
This one - two folks posted comments on the review that made note of it, and the reviewer's only other review is for another blatantly shoddy Blaze product.

Anyone with a highly-tuned shill-radar should hopefully easily spot these, but many people don't have those (due to not having had any reason to develop one), which is of course what folks who do this bank on.

Last edited by a moderator:
oh! Which one, theres two. Probably both?
This one - two folks posted comments on the review that made note of it, and the reviewer's only other review is for another blatantly shoddy Blaze product.

Anyone with a highly-tuned shill-radar should hopefully easily spot these, but many people don't have those (due to not having had any reason to develop one), which is of course what folks who do this bank on.

Ahh, k. I somehow missed that browsing on mobile safari.

^ I don't think that the mobile version of the site shows review comments, so I can see how it would've been missed.

Pretty sinister.

What happened to their claims of 'unprecedented demand', it just seems to have died a quick death.

"Unprecedented demand" is relative, Craig. ;) If they expected people to be suspicious and avoid it like the plague, then any sales could be seen as "unprecedented demand". :p

Really bad :(

I had some hopes on the idea...

Now their forum is full of outside game news posts that don´t make any sense, really bad.

Truth is the only way, flooding is soo bad.

Their forum has had a fair amount of people hating, I tend to pop on once a day to see if any update on this issue with remapping the buttons on the emus.

I think a lot of people have returned their units, or requested refunds to.

If it does die, at least it still can play some of the dingux emus, so not completely useless for me.

Makes you wonder about the Neo Geo one coming soon [?] though doesn't it, that is another Blaze product eh.

The worst thing about it I found is the screen, it has a very small viewing angle, hardly need to tilt it at all to lose the visibility and colour, resulting in a negative image on screen.

Maybe I should box it up and sell it in a decade if it becomes a collectable item?

Back