Should I Pre-order A Ps3 Now?

Shadow of Chaos

Website
Visit site
Thinking of pre-ordering a PS3 soon, and i found a site where to do that already ;) after a bit of searching around.. you can preorder them here but i looked at the Xbox 360 bundle price and it seems a bit steep no?.. i sort of used that to estimate if the price would be good on PS3.. then again, the DS & PSP on there are about the right price and same as everywhere else..

i sent the site owner an email and got this as a reply back

"Hello

You are guaranteed to receive it on the day of release.

The limit is 10 and it is just the console without game bundles. <- how many per customer

We hope it will be better then the retail stores out there. If anything it will be the same or lower. <- asked about price.

I hope I have answered all of your questions

Kind Regards

Suls Syed

Gadget-Crazy"

Seems pretty good doesnt it?, already they say i can receive it on day of release..

I also emailed Gamestation to see what they had to say, but apparently you cant pre-order with them yet.. and he even said that i might not be guaranteed to receive it on day of release either. Gadget crazy reckons they will be in stock before anywhere else, so id have it on day of release.. at least thats what is said in the reply.

So.. thoughts?, i only really want the PS3 for GTA 4, maybe a few other games.. i already have a 360.

i may give it another month or so and pre order, i dont want to get a rip-off price though, if its the same retail price as everywhere else and not over the top, i dont mind.

I live in the U.S., so I don't know if this advice applies;

... I always pre-order from EB, have since the PS2 came out ... then the PSP. Something nice about getting a new system before the stores open :)

I don't like how you're forced into a bundle deal, but I got to pick 3 launch games with my PSP, ones I wanted anyway.

So if you're an impatient bastard like me, pre-order ;)

TelcoLou posted on Apr 13 2006 at 11:17 PM said:
I live in the U.S., so I don't know if this advice applies;

... I always pre-order from EB, have since the PS2 came out ... then the PSP. Something nice about getting a new system before the stores open :)

I don't like how you're forced into a bundle deal, but I got to pick 3 launch games with my PSP, ones I wanted anyway.

So if you're an impatient bastard like me, pre-order ;)
Same here. I find gamestop has always had a fucking attitude so I stuck with EB since the ps2.

I prefer getting the system and any games extra as I find the bundles never include what I want ;)

Good luck. Hopefully I'll be pre-odering soon as well. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
lol ty for the advice.

Well that is just the system alone by the looks of it at gadget crazy.

How reliable is their word saying it would be around the same price as everywhere else, or lower?.

I dont mind not having games with it, i guess if its anything that will go out of stock quickly is the console first.. not the games.

id preorder with them but i dunno how reliable it would be..

but since i have their word by email saying im guaranteed to receive it on day of release i guess nothing can go wrong? lol only that the price might be sky high.. which they said it wouldnt.. compared to other places that it

daclassicgamingmaster posted on Apr 13 2006 at 08:24 PM said:
Same here. I find gamestop has always had a fucking attitude so I stuck with EB since the ps2.

You know that GameStop bought EB, so they're practically the same, now. :D

itsme posted on Apr 14 2006 at 12:28 AM said:
daclassicgamingmaster posted on Apr 13 2006 at 08:24 PM said:

You know that GameStop bought EB, so they're practically the same, now. :D
yes yes, I know :( .

Still, the people that work at EB, especially the manager whom I have known for 4+ years, just seem nicer. The workers in Gamestop snap at you when you ask them a question.

lol doh fagula of the count, that most pitter prune wafar :( !

Dunnos, never order from that sited. bet pig gonna order 2 and sell other oned on ebay when run out, why not buyed 10 and make even mroe money waf! B)

Guys, just don't buy two! You are being evil!

Earn money honestly, by washing your neighbours car or something. Buying two is wrong!!!!

lubidog posted on Apr 18 2006 at 07:54 PM said:

Earn money honestly, by washing your neighbours car or something. Buying two is wrong!!!!

No deal. :lol:

See this? this is my boomstick!

Gadget-Crazy will have first stock for the New Playstation 3 Games Console. This will be before the actual release date!

£100 will RESERVE your New PS3.

We do not know the exact RRP until the release date.

The remaing amount due to us will be requested when our stock arrives

Seems Dodgy... Personally I wouldnt Risk it... Also, Is that £100 Reserve Refundable?? What would you do if you pay them £100 and when it comes instock they bang it on at £600??

also, "Gadget-Crazy will have first stock for the New Playstation 3"???? Never Herd of Gadget Crazy before so why would a company thats not that well knowen be getting the "First Stock" of the PS3 ?? Personally I would habe thought GAME would be getting the first stock....

Another thing, the Release Date will probably change again :p

Shadow of Chaos posted on Apr 21 2006 at 01:18 PM said:
lubidog posted on Apr 18 2006 at 07:54 PM said:

No deal. :lol:

See this? this is my boomstick!

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun B)!

Wafar :'].

Steve-O posted on Apr 21 2006 at 05:14 PM said:
Gadget-Crazy will have first stock for the New Playstation 3 Games Console. This will be before the actual release date!

£100 will RESERVE your New PS3.

We do not know the exact RRP until the release date.

The remaing amount due to us will be requested when our stock arrives

Seems Dodgy... Personally I wouldnt Risk it... Also, Is that £100 Reserve Refundable?? What would you do if you pay them £100 and when it comes instock they bang it on at £600??

also, "Gadget-Crazy will have first stock for the New Playstation 3"???? Never Herd of Gadget Crazy before so why would a company thats not that well knowen be getting the "First Stock" of the PS3 ?? Personally I would habe thought GAME would be getting the first stock....

Another thing, the Release Date will probably change again :p

is there anywhere i can preorder that will be a good price?, and get it on release date?

alot of stores get before release date yous pig, sometimes maybe weeks befored so wouldnt be surprised if can get on release date wagar. :)

Back