Game Gadget

Well a game gadget running dingux actually makes this interesting again...

Performance (frame rate etc) any better than a320?

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2

We need someone to take one of these apart so we can find out if it's a Dingoo style device in a new case.

What do you mean by "Dingoo Style Device"?

It's got an Ingenic JZ4750 inside it, whereas the Dingoo had an Ingenic JZ4732. So they're both based on similar SoCs... which makes them similar to one another I suppose.

I can run the OpenDingux on the device without recompiling,

just drop in the OpenDingus rootfs with the GG's own sandbox kernel...

https://www.youtube.com/embed/rKqI5Fq8XgE?feature=oembed

Well well well, made in the UK my arse.

^ As if the alleged English and Chinese text-reader wasn't enough of a giveaway. :lol:

What I want to know is, how many outlets have given the "Made in the UK" claims coverage. :p

I'm going to have to look at this, perhaps I can get something besides megadrive on it with this

The initial (Not very inspired) idea may well have been concieved/made in the UK but the tangible product itself was surely made in china. I think if future archaeologists excavating our society find fragments of our writings, The term 'Made in China' will be ubiquitous and interpeted as some sort of ancient deity that we worshipped.

I can play Atari 2600 now with this so at least some Pitfall and Berserk is on

Some interesting news

Blaze slashes GameGadget price, promises refunds for existing owners

Retro emulation-based handheld GameGadget has had its RRP slashed from £99.99 to £59.99.

Makers Blaze say the move is due to “phenomenal demand and support”. Furthermore, the company has said it will refund all current owners £40 to make up for the price drop.

“Demand and support for GameGadget has been phenomenal taking us completely by surprise,” GameGadget creator Jason Cooper stated. “It has enabled us to secure significant cost savings on future production, well ahead of schedule.

“As we are serious about GameGadget becoming a “must have” gadget, that everyone can afford, we are therefore passing on our cost savings immediately.

“From day one we said we would be honest with our customers. We shall be refunding all customers the equivalent value of today’s price drop. They and future customers can now be confident that GameGagdet has reached its optimum price, in record time. There will be no further price reductions.”

Since launch the device has been beset by problems, including a software issue that prevented it functioning correctly out of the box.

Some owners have also been angered that, for the time being at least, only 30 titles are available for the machine, all of which are Mega Drive titles priced at £4.99 a piece.

Blaze is marketing the download service as “the gaming equivalent of iTunes”.

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/blaze...-owners/095178 ...

Riiiiiiiiight.

Funny thing to do when demand is allegedly so high.

Could it be more like they bought thousands of these Dingoo clones and now desperately want to unload them before it becomes common knowledge?

Last edited by a moderator:
Or no-one wants them, so they are telling everyone its popular in the hope that it will be..

Riiiiiiiiight.

Could it be more like they bought thousands of these Dingoo clones and now desperately want to unload them before it becomes common knowledge?
Maybe op should take the same route ?????

Riiiiiiiiight.

We should buy up Dingoos, rebrand them, then sell them off at cost? What?

5 pounds for a single megadrive game!!! What kind of bizarre mindfuckery have we here. If it was selling that well at the £99.00 price point then why in gods name would you lower the price so soon after release. BS I think they are just trying to offload them now.

I do find it funny how the price-cut came right after the discovery that, really, it's just a Dingoo in jingoistic clothing... :p

I can play Atari 2600 now with this so at least some Pitfall and Berserk is on
I take it that these have been made available officially? If so, I'm not surprised. It's one of the other systems that AtGames/Blaze has a license to distribute for... :p That said, I'm surprised to see Pitfall! mentioned - that's one of Activision's.

Game Gear and Master System games next, for sure - those are the other systems that they have rights for. :p

Well, to have a price drop THAT huge because production costs went lower because of higher production quantities, they'd need to make a BIG jump (from about 10000 to 50000 units...)

Yeah, right :)

No it's not official the Atari games, as yet its still only the megadrive games that GG have released. The store app still isn't available/active yet so no more games.

Duncan, who posted here with the Dingux discovery, posted on the GG boards too about this and I done it, I then just copied the 2600-dingux emu and games onto my SD myself, and it just worked straight away.

So I suspect all the 2600 games will work ok, all the ones I've tried so far have, including Spider Man which I hadn't played in long time, forgot how much I like that one.

Although the GG may be a Dingoo in disguise, it doesn't seem that all the emus which run on Dingoo run on the GG.

Not that I have had any luck with anyway, perhaps just need to do some jiggery-pokery first which I am not aware of.

Riiiiiiiiight.

We should buy up Dingoos, rebrand them, then sell them off at cost? What?
It was a joke craig chill m8.

I am, I just didn't really get it. Although hang on... we can just buy up all these Gamegadgets now the cat's out the bag and rebrand them...again... The Mini Pandora!

Anyhow, Agents of OpenPandora boards, we have successfully solved another case.

Well done everyone.

Trebles all round!

Back