Future DraStic Android port: help needed

I'll be honest guys. I want to buy this BAD but I'm afraid it won't run that well on my tablet. So far I've only seen it tested on high end devices and the price is kinda high to take a chance. :/
What's your tablet?

We've got a forum for the emulator here if anyone wants to post there, although without the emulator really up there's probably not a lot to post about..

http://drastic-ds.com
this is excelent for future updates, we post errors of the emulator, although I don't believe have errors the great emulator :D

Last edited by a moderator:
That's a dual A9 with NEON.  It's faster than the Xperia Play where DraStic appears to run okay with some frameskip.

It has a rockchip 3066 with mali400 running at 1.5ghz and 1GB RAM.
I think that will run the emulator well. If you saw the youtube video, most of the shots (the ones that weren't on the tablet) were taken from a Galaxy S3 with quad Cortex-A9 @ 1.4GHz. The extra two cores don't make any real difference for DraStic.

We've tested it on a JXD S7300 which has the same SoC as yours and were happy with the results.

I think that will run the emulator well. If you saw the youtube video, most of the shots (the ones that weren't on the tablet) were taken from a Galaxy S3 with quad Cortex-A9 @ 1.4GHz. The extra two cores don't make any real difference for DraStic.We've tested it on a JXD S7300 which has the same SoC as yours and were happy with the results.
Awesome! Then it's bought already. :)

1360549093445.gif

This about sums up the situation for me. Also, wasn't even expecting a release this soon. Exo wins.

I think that will run the emulator well. If you saw the youtube video, most of the shots (the ones that weren't on the tablet) were taken from a Galaxy S3 with quad Cortex-A9 @ 1.4GHz. The extra two cores don't make any real difference for DraStic.

We've tested it on a JXD S7300 which has the same SoC as yours and were happy with the results.
Can you run it on the nexus 4 without frameskip? And do you think overclocking would help in smoothness? What i was thinking, is to disable two cores, and the remaining 2, overclock them to 1.8 or 1.9. Do you think there'll be a performance boost?

Can you run it on the nexus 4 without frameskip? And do you think overclocking would help in smoothness? What i was thinking, is to disable two cores, and the remaining 2, overclock them to 1.8 or 1.9. Do you think there'll be a performance boost?
I just kept auto-frameskip on while testing. I didn't notice actual frames being skipped, but I can't say for sure (and I only tested like three games). I don't recommend turning auto frameskip off unless it causes glitches or the performance degrades from it. I also wouldn't mess around with disabling cores and overclocking a Nexus 4 until you found a game that really warranted it.. 1.5GHz Krait is a pretty capable CPU for this.

Back