Future DraStic Android port: help needed

The Android interface looks a LOT better than the Pandora version. That is why I would prefer the Android version over Pandora. Also, I would like to only carry one system arround. I could carry my phone and DS around, and if I had a pandora, it would be the same thing. I carry phone and Pandora around.
With drastic, you would only have to carry your phone :D

Does pandora have a touch based UI(or a touchscreen)?
Yes, the Pandora screen is a touchscreen like the DS.
Cool, I might actually consider buying one.

EDIT: Not considering anymore, too expensive. I could just buy an nvdia sheild and dualboot with Linux.

Last edited by a moderator:
Cool, I might actually consider buying one.

EDIT: Not considering anymore, too expensive. I could just buy an nvdia sheild and dualboot with Linux.
The Shield is great for gaming and gaming only and it does it great, A regular ARM based Linux OS would be hard to use without a real keyboard..  The Pandora is a jack of all trades device, it's not for everyone.. production is done at such a small scale it can't be made at a low cost like the shield. But people here find it worth the price.

Personally i'm not interested in DraStic for Android, (love it on Pandora though). I do own an Xperia play and a Motorolla razr hd though if you need something small tested on these devices and no one else to do it. Good work Exophase, i hope you can reap some small fortune from your much deserved work; once released. There seems to be some people whom have only signed up to this forum to follow the DraStic threads, so i'm sure it will be. All the best.

Personally i'm not interested in DraStic for Android, (love it on Pandora though). I do own an Xperia play and a Motorolla razr hd though if you need something small tested on these devices and no one else to do it. Good work Exophase, i hope you can reap some small fortune from your much deserved work; once released. There seems to be some people whom have only signed up to this forum to follow the DraStic threads, so i'm sure it will be. All the best.
Sorry, if I sound like a douche, complaining about the Pandora on the freaking Pandora forums xD. But it's really too expensive for me. With college starting soon, I need all the money I can get lol.

@exophase

do you think its possible to run a ps2 emulator on android if you were to work on one? just saying outof curiousity

You could probably run a PS2 emulator on Android. The Dolphin guys are porting Dolphin (Wii and Gamecube) to Android. Running it well, I'd say it'd take a while for the hardware to get there. The PS2 seems to have a kind of weird engine running behind it, so it takes a powerful computer to run it emulator well. Then again, I was trying to play Shadow of the Colossus, one of the more taxing games on PS2. I'm not a dev, though, so this is just my understanding as a layman.

Well even if you could, most ps2 games are 4gb or more even 8gb.Last time i checked 128 gb micro sd cards were not available yet so with an 64 gb you ll have 13-14 games, provided you are not using the sd card for anything else.

@exophase

do you think its possible to run a ps2 emulator on android if you were to work on one? just saying outof curiousity
Give the man a chance, Android Drastic hasn't even been released yet.

FWIW My best guess is that there would not be a lot of point as it would be hideously complex and time consuming & run pretty slowly on even the most up to date Android hardware. (Based on PC Hardware requirements for PS2 emulation)

Sorry to the regulars on this board for making my first post in a Pandora forum in an Android thread, but I had a small question for the dev.

I can see from the videos posted that you've put a lot of effort into this emulator that justifies the $8 price. I'd like to know if, at least after the main bulk of the work on the emulator is complete, do you have any interest in implementing wi-fi multiplayer support?

The problem with WiFi emulation is that it's not too hard to block on Nintendo's end, AFAIK. It's possible, but time consuming and would likely end up useless pretty quick depending on how obvious it was to Nintendo. Not gonna speak on whether Exo's interested or not, but a few pages back he made a post about it, but that was in response to whether it was going to be in the release version, if I recall.

The problem with WiFi emulation is that it's not too hard to block on Nintendo's end, AFAIK. It's possible, but time consuming and would likely end up useless pretty quick depending on how obvious it was to Nintendo. Not gonna speak on whether Exo's interested or not, but a few pages back he made a post about it, but that was in response to whether it was going to be in the release version, if I recall.
Thanks. I'm not knowledgable on how PC emulators do it as I have an actual DS that I play with, wasn't aware that they needed to authenticate through nintendo to connect versus something like X-Link Kai.

Looking forward to this app regardless, it means one less device to take on trips. I suppose I can make do with local Advance Wars multiplayer.

The wifi chip is quite complex too, with multiple sub-components. It's maybe something we'd look into down the road but there are no current plans for it.

The wifi chip is quite complex too, with multiple sub-components. It's maybe something we'd look into down the road but there are no current plans for it.
It would make a great future update if you get good sales.

If you could play local multiplayer with a mixture of real DS's & Android Devices then it would be a killer feature for Mario Kart alone IMHO. :)

Thanks for the reply. Hopefully sales are good enough that you can consider it in the future.

When can we expect the relase? i really… really cant wait ^_^
Patience, my friend. Everyone wants to know, just wait. Nothing we can do anyway xD I wish I had remained oblivious to this until it released, because the anticipation is freaking eating my soul away lolol
buy a Pandora gentlemen. us Pandora users are loving DraStic already. you don't have to get the 1ghz unit. the lower powered units are much cheaper and still

run DraStic.

Knight, do you honestly think I have $500 + to buy a Pandora? Not everyone can shell out that much in a few days, and there's no way I'm paying that amount just to use an emulator. The Pandora is great and all, but I just don't have the money. $8 is enough for drastic. As I said, if I wanted to use a full speed emulator that badly, I'll just use my pc.

If Pandora ever upgrades, and when I actually get a job, I'll buy one. Right now college is all I can handle xD

there any form buy DraStic emulator without credit card ? :(

I have money but no in play store u_u

help!!! >-<

Back