Future DraStic Android port: help needed

FINALLY i bought it as well emulation is almost perfect(some black lines appearing in pokemon platinum)and there is no screen stretch option which is kinda sad when you have a big screen phone.Nevertheless the best emulator for ds, cheers!!!

Hello Exophase,

Thanks for you great job !

Also, i have an issue with the portrait mode, in some games  the screens are reversed and the touch screen is on the wrong screen zone...

And... Happy birthday from Paris

exophase and lordus pls add a fullscreen setting for both screens i get only half of my screen showing the game on the default screen view.

Just throwing something in here I was able to find out:

If my research is correct then this idiot who calls himself mudlord is in reality a lonely guy from Australia called B**** M****.

Edit: Ah yes, makes sense ED.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bought this last night, was somehow up til 3.30AM for a 'quick' play test :)

Congratulations Exophase & Lordus for a truly excellent emulator. runs like a dream on my Nexus 7 (2012 model).  :)

When paired with a controller it feels like I'm using a DSXL with vastly improved audio. Could it be that the performance in 3D games like Mario Kart is actually better than playing native? Seems to me to run a lot smoother in terms of consistent frame rate during times of intense action than on a real DS. Will do a side by side test later.

Best android software I've used for configuring and using my bluetooth game controller.

Oh and a belated happy birthday Exophase.

This does not look good! http://drastic-ds.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=19 really disappointed with the person who did this. Can a stop be put to this?
Without some kind of truly hideous DRM (see EA etc.), sad to say, probably not.

@ Everyone reporting problems / requesting support : I'm sure that there is no problem posting in this thread but it would probably make more sense to post this sort of stuff in the official DraStic forums

@ Exophase : I take it you are looking for publicity for the release of Drastic? I'll post on a few forums that I regularly browse, hope to see sites like pocket gamer start to pick this up soon, crikey, that was quick. :)

Just saw about mudlord - what an absolute douche... There is already a free version of the emulator for Pandora. Well I'm still going to buy it even though I can play the Pandora version so middle finger to you Mr Mudlord! <_<

It's your birthday, exo, damn. Okey, I will buy drastic from googleplay to show my gratitude.

Though I may never get a chance of using it. Any way, take some well deserved rest.

I've just read the whole mudlord thread thingie on dcemu. I just want to publicly say that I love you all, and if I've ever had any grumpy moments about people on this board, I take it all back. You are all wonderful, mature, intelligent people. And I'm so happy to reside here rather than, ah, there.

Sheez.

Oh, sorry, I'm confused. That thread on the Drastic forums that is linked above. I had some other tab open too and just got confused when I wrote it down.

Ironically Mudlord has made this remark in a different forum about piracy:

I feel that awesome software (like indie games at a nice price) deserves support. Anything else...I honestly don't care. I feel sometimes, with the shovelware some developers do (like those MP3 to WAV convertors that can be done with open source tools), they deserve to be pirated.

That said, I have experience in software reverse engineering and what some people consider to be the "dark arts" in reverse engineering soo...that isn't a help either. But I do feel good software deserves support; bloated software, mass-produced junk, ridiculously overpriced software, and stuff that's useless, doesn't, in my eyes.
Whoa!  Get him !
As an Australian, i'll keep my eye out for the fellow.

falcon-punch-o.gif

No man hunt in this forum please. I think it is best to ignore this guy.
Point taken Rohezal. Content removed.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/vPDln2dcpYA?feature=oembed

No man hunt in this forum please. I think it is best to ignore this guy.

thanks for Exophase and Lordus, finally running me the emulator in my Xperia Play, thanks so much, 

Hello from Chile :D

I feel that awesome software (like indie games at a nice price) deserves support. Anything else...I honestly don't care. I feel sometimes, with the shovelware some developers do (like those MP3 to WAV convertors that can be done with open source tools), they deserve to be pirated.

That said, I have experience in software reverse engineering and what some people consider to be the "dark arts" in reverse engineering soo...that isn't a help either. But I do feel good software deserves support; bloated software, mass-produced junk, ridiculously overpriced software, and stuff that's useless, doesn't, in my eyes.
He's made it pretty clear that his real problem is personal. Other people post about their pay-only Android emulators on ngemu and he doesn't open his mouth against him.

There are however people who think that it's fine to make money on software in general and it's fine to make emulators but selling emulators is immoral.

Congratulations on the release! I'll be grabbing this for my Nexus 7 (2013 model) soon. I took a look through some of the reviews. Gotta love the 1 stars... 

I need a refundPlease refund my money I didn't know I had to acquire these files legally

I totally think all emulators should be charged unless they are just shady ports of someone else's work.

We pay hundreds of thousands of dollars for engineering softwares every year, and I can see the work behind them to make them worthy of that much.

It doesn't make any sense to me how people would pay 60 bucks each month for their phone and then come out and complain that 8 dollars is too much.

It's even stranger how these people are trying to convince others to their way of thinking.

Drastic is in every way a master piece of work and under no circumstances charging it for as little as 8 bucks could be considered immoral.

I would argue that Exo has put much more effort in this little project than even many well recieved engineering softwares that are sold for thousands apiece. 

Just keep doing what you have been doing, you have been a great person and an example to all of us. Don't let those so called crackers affect your temper.

He's made it pretty clear that his real problem is personal. Other people post about their pay-only Android emulators on ngemu and he doesn't open his mouth against him.

There are however people who think that it's fine to make money on software in general and it's fine to make emulators but selling emulators is immoral.
Physical consoles don't last forever.  People have to realize that emulators help preserve games forever.  Guns are not intended for killing, but people do it.  You can't blame the gun manufacturers for making guns just like you can't blame devs for making emulators.  Gun manufacturers just like software devs spend lot of time and effort into making these products, so they have the right to charge for their work.  It's up to the users to use these tools.  

To me, this guy is just a hypocrite.  He stole your hard work and pirate it and he calls it moral?  I'm sure he's using and enjoying DraStic now on his Android device.  What a loser he is! :angry:

Back