Fresh news from the board production (2010-10-20)

What's the word on t.v out cables? There hasn't been any news about them afaik.

Because we've got all our hands full making production more reliable and faster as well as solving the last issues there are.

What's so hard/long about just giving the go-ahead?

http://pandorapress.net/2010/10/21/musical-interlude-all-you-need-is-nubs/comment-page-1/#comment-17511

... I guess I just don't see how it takes much time at all. The issue has been resolved, they've got all the specs/details (they have, after all, already made samples), all they're waiting for it the green light. A quick email, and they can get started. If you have time, you can ask for status updates on it along with the info for the rest of the cases.

The worst-case scenario is that they haven't done anything on them by the time Batch 1 (2?) is finished, at which point you go "Come on guys, you've been saying they're coming for <unknown> months, we want them already", and nothing is different from not giving the green light. Of course, the best-case is that they're done and ready to ship substantially sooner. Upfront cost of an email or two, maybe a phone call. What am I missing?

I realize it's hard to juggle so much, but that is the name of the game in production. If you can't juggle many, you won't be able to coordinate the parts, cases, boards, keymats, batteries, carry-cases, etc. so that they all arrive at the same time.

Is there some critical step I'm missing? You know how slow the Chinese company can be - if you order them now, you'll be lucky if you have them by the *end* of batch 1, let alone batch 2. If you wait, it's even worse. Plus:

ED, doesn't waiting for the cables to after all batch 1 is sent =

1. Extra costs because they will be shipped separately

2. Extra effort (packaging, labeling etc..)

3. A little bit disappointment from ppl who would love to have their cables asap? (personally I'd love to have mine asap, but I can wait as long as it needs, this is the least I can do to relief some of the stress off your backs)

just my $0.02, I trust you know what you are doing...

Because we've got all our hands full making production more reliable and faster as well as solving the last issues there are.
Whilst I'd love the cable, sod that for the moment and you carry on working on the Pandora with its current production issues.

Come on guys (fellow cable whingers)! Working out if they(OPT) should switch manufacturers is an ENORMOUSLY HUGE step, especially if they feel they need to act quickly to save Batch 1 production times as there would be more delays in the short term and that is not going to be very popular).

I want my Pandora more than a cable (which would be useless without a Pandora).

I have smelt the coffee and will whinge no more on this subject.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back