Fresh news from the board production (2010-10-20)

Err, cos you wrote everything twice? ;)
LOL.

Ok wtf - how the HELL did I do that. Edit time I think :\.

How the hell could I miss that too - I guess i'm was tired.

EDIT: Fixed. I think it may have been a mishap when sending the post. My end most likely, VERY flakey internet connection. I'm getting a new ADSL filter tomorrow.

Last edited by a moderator:
0_o oh noz.

Go Poliwhirl! ('tis a frog - remember the amphibian thing?)

(You select Stone Throw)

Quick Attack! (pretty sure it can't learn this)

(Your HP slides down to zero.)

Reptilians will inherit the earth! ┌П┐(Ò_ó)┌П┐

Well about the companies not making the units on time there might be a to fix this. If you have 2 companies making boards/nubs/etc. they will compete to make the parts first before the other company to keep their business with you. It will speed things up but getting another company to make parts might be hard but it is just a idea.

Well about the companies not making the units on time there might be a to fix this. If you have 2 companies making boards/nubs/etc. they will compete to make the parts first before the other company to keep their business with you. It will speed things up but getting another company to make parts might be hard but it is just a idea.

It Sounds like a good idea, But my guess there isn't enough money to fund production with two companies.. After all the current units are being built directly with the money of those who ordered them.

Last edited by a moderator:
It Sounds like a good idea, But my guess there isn't enough money to fund production with two companies.. After all the current units are being built directly with the money of those who ordered them.

Yes, but the parts have been paid and belong to us, and we only need to pay the costs for population of the boards when it's done.

We might actually do something like that, as said, I don't trust the old company anymore at all. We'll probably have someone checking next week if the boards really do exist, but in the meantime, we're working on getting everything prepared with the second company (way bigger with a lot more production lines, so should be way faster, too).

Depending on how fast the original company REALLY was, we might transfer parts for 1000 or 2000 units to the new one to get it done.

Whatever happens, we're trying on getting it done. We're all pretty much stressed at the moment, but we'll finishe it :)

Depending on how fast the original company REALLY was, we might transfer parts for 1000 or 2000 units to the new one to get it done.

Whatever happens, we're trying on getting it done. We're all pretty much stressed at the moment, but we'll finishe it :)
Sounds like a good idea.

If that happens... I'm sure I'll suffer a heart attack.

Then anyone is free to go to the company and bomb it :D

(after you gained the needed parts and boards for the rest of the Pandoras, of course ;) ))

sounds like metal gear 101 lol

So is there a considerable amount of overhead involved in having two different manufactures producing boards both producing board at once? If not, it seems like you'd want to have these new guys start making board regardless of what the original company actually made. Is the issue just storing excess boards?

And really, the fact that there is even a serious question as to whether or not these guys actually made the parts they claim to is a sign of a real problem. And even if they do have all the boards they say they do, it's pretty bad that they've set expectations so low that falling 1000 finished boards short of meeting their own deadline is considered a success.

If they haven't once met they're own claims for production speed, who's to say they ever will? Imagine trying to make the next three or four batches with this company as the sole board supplier.

Is there some kind of... flowchart or diagram of the process when making a Pandora? I read about nubs, cases and boards, but there's going to be more than this, and I'd like to be able to point at a chart and say (to myself) "we are roughly here."

Is there some kind of... flowchart or diagram of the process when making a Pandora? I read about nubs, cases and boards, but there's going to be more than this, and I'd like to be able to point at a chart and say (to myself) "we are roughly here."

Well...

Cases: All done, all there.

LCD-Cables: Still 2000 missing, need to get them from the board company before I can solder them

Boards: Currently being populated and tested by CC.

Nubs: Issues have been fixed, waiting for mass production to be finished

So basically:

1. The nubs need to be finished

2. The nubs need to be soldered on the boards

3. Boards need to be put into the Cases

That's it.

I'm sure we'll have nubs soon, and mostly everything else is ready. I'm just concerned about 2., as I don't really trust the board company.

But that's why we're working on moving to a way bigger company - they can reliable produce the boards.

Cases: All done, all there.
Are you absolutely certain of that? Craig may have another few thousand, but I thought the bulk of them were being sent by boat. Did this boat actually get loaded and sent? I don't recall you ever mentioning that it had.

Does anyone know the location and route of the ship? BBC News today reports of another Tsunami off the coast of Indonesia.

The curse of the Pandora strikes again.

Back