free PC games (steam)

I played Portal 2 on Xbox 360, along with Portal 1 and the Half Life 2 series for the first times ever when they released the Orange Box.

I LOVED it, all 3 of the games. If you've played Portal 1 and liked it, you will most likely enjoy Portal 2. If you haven't played either of them, I highly suggest getting it ^_^ I was never able to sample it, but I hear Portal 2s multiplayer is very fun.

Just finished Portal 1 last night... OMG the end credit song is fantastic! Awesome game... just my cup of tea. Loved the atmosphere. Glad I bought Portal 2 at the same time.

I must just say that while I love the game to pieces, it didn't blow me away the same way Half Life 2 did back in the day. Though I wouldn't reeeeeally call them different games... I regard HL2, Black Mesa, and now Portal as all part of the same universe - like books in a series each with a different focus, but all of them a delicious read.

=~. O =

Well I finished Portal 1 and 3 of the advanced levels in 5 hours... I'm now 5 hours into Portal 2... THIS is now my number 1 game! Portal one was great and 2 is sooo much better! Easily better than Half Life 2. The humour and characters are just so endearing. Don't want to give spoilers away, but I've just reached the blue goo.

Only problem is this evening, I went to switch my computer on and my main drive and the drive I have steam on are no longer registering! I can't even boot! Ive swapped cables around, plugged into different ports... they just won't appear! I've just about had it with this computer. And the motherboard was replaced just a few weeks ago. I don't know what the hell is going on.

=~. O =

I'm now 5 hours into Portal 2... THIS is now my number 1 game!

Only problem is this evening, I went to switch my computer on and my main drive and the drive I have steam on are no longer registering!
yeah it's a great game, glad you're enjoying it.

The good news is, I guess your Portal 2 progess was probably saved to the steam cloud... 

Bad news it sounds like you might need a new hard drive :/  hope you had backups of the important stuff.

Hang on, did you say 2 drives disappeared at once?  That seems unlikely, might be a motherboard thing or something else.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've a spare Metal Slug 3

Well I finished Portal 1 and 3 of the advanced levels in 5 hours... I'm now 5 hours into Portal 2... THIS is now my number 1 game! Portal one was great and 2 is sooo much better! Easily better than Half Life 2. The humour and characters are just so endearing. Don't want to give spoilers away, but I've just reached the blue goo.

Only problem is this evening, I went to switch my computer on and my main drive and the drive I have steam on are no longer registering! I can't even boot! Ive swapped cables around, plugged into different ports... they just won't appear! I've just about had it with this computer. And the motherboard was replaced just a few weeks ago. I don't know what the hell is going on.

=~. O =
have you seen the portal2 advertisment videos? they are just great... here's a few of the better ones:

perpetual testing initiative:

https://www.youtube.com/embed/r-613xPNkVQ?feature=oembed

I just finished Portal 2 for the second time, this time on Linux - I came across a bug in the later levels, making the game (and my PC) freeze completely. hard reboot. That's the meaning of Beta! :) Otherwise the port is flawless, and very enjoyable. I really like Wheatley as a character, and the end sequence is quite fun too. However I thought Portal 1 was a superior game, because it was innovative. Portal 2 is more of the same thing, with nice additions but nothing very revolutionary. 

I've a spare Metal Slug 3
I'm interested if still available. 

However I thought Portal 1 was a superior game, because it was innovative. Portal 2 is more of the same thing, with nice additions but nothing very revolutionary.
You're right that Portal 2 is not so innovative, but that's okay for a sequel.

The game is much improved over Portal 1: there are new puzzle elements, multi-player, the editor, and the "perpetual testing initiative".

Some of the community levels are better than the puzzles in the main game.

(computer died)
Did you manage to resurrect your computer yet? Maybe Portal was too much for it!

The game is much improved over Portal 1: there are new puzzle elements, multi-player, the editor, and the "perpetual testing initiative".
Yeah, but I did not find the new puzzle elements that interesting. The "beam walls" were so-so, the "vaccum tunnels" not super interesting either. The only addition that was really enjoyable was the liquids, but somehow I feel they could have done more with it. 

I haven't tried the multiplayer, though. Is it good ?

I haven't tried the multiplayer, though. Is it good ?
I haven't tried it either, but yes the co-op is reputedly very good!
Maybe we should try it together since we are more or less in the same time zone :p
Yep, multiplayer is supposed to be good. But depend with who you're playing I guess.

My copy of Portal 2 is mostly used by Loïc ;) From what I have seen, you really need much interaction between the 2 player to advance!

If you still have "Splice", it looks interresting and relaxing, I'm interested.

99 spirits intrigues me. My steam name is furetti.. last time I checked:unsure:
Still if anybody has any games they'd like to dump I'd enjoy them. Especially if they work on Linux. :) also I'm sure you can tell its me from the absurd amount of star bound I've played.
I really need to plat that again..

I've keys for these;

Symphony

Draw a Stickman: EPIC

Galcon Legends

Galcon Fusion

Skulls of the Shogun

Fieldrunners 2

Breach & Clear

METAL SLUG 3