free PC games (steam)

Spare games from HIB11, free steam keys to a good home:

- Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams

- The Swapper

- Antichamber

- Monaco: What's Yours Is Mine

These are all excellent games.

Last edited by a moderator:
Would love Antichamber. Not bought anything in a while, if I do i'll be sure to offer up some keys :)

Edit: 

Still have a copy of The Ship available, as well as these games for Origin:

Dead Space

Burnout Paradise

Crysis 2 Max Edition

Medal Of Honour

Mirrors Edge

Populous

I also think I have an Origin copy of Command And Conquer: Red Alert 3: Uprising, if anyone wants. Was going to play it myself but don't think I'll ever get around to it.

I went over all my Steam purchases and it turns out I do have some extra keys.

Nuclear Dawn

Air Buccaneers

Chaser

Zeno Clash

Painkiller Overdose

Painkiller Black Ed.

Kings Bounty: The Legend

Really Big Sky

SpaceChem

Pid

Space Pirates and Zombies

Painkiller Redemption

Hydrophobia: Prophecy

I also have an extra copy of Pid but I wrote the damn key on some scrap paper and now I can't find it. If and when I do I'll update the list.

Hey Pritchy could you throw me the copy of Burnout Paradise? I'm not too big into racing games but that series is just fun to play imo.

Ok, I want in on this please :)

I've considered getting a Steam account for a while, but never more than a quick thought.

Now I'm thinking I would like to, and would like to get their SteamOS when it is launched, which I'll get a small form factor PC to connect up to the telly and use.

For now though, I will play it on my Mac, I only have a few games on that which I've got from GOG.

So can someone give me a game please, as I won't be able to buy myself one until Friday when my bank account is replenished - But I'd like to get playing something once I install it - Anything :)

olivertwist.jpg

I guess I'd have to create my account there first right, so I got a username for one of you good chaps to send me a game to?

Also, could you explain how you come to get spare keys/games in the first place?

Is it that you've purchased a game already, then it later became available either for free or for really cheap so you just picked up a dupe for the hell of it - which you can then swap with someone, or even give away?

Also, could you explain how you come to get spare keys/games in the first place?
Most likely Humble Indie Bundles. You almost always get Steam keys along with your DRM free binaries (though not always the other way round), so if you don't use Steam you end up with tons of unused keys.
I just use Steam as a way to comfortably install games on any computer I want with synchronized saves. I still have all the DRM free versions (though I guess lately I haven't downloaded all of them to my computer, but I trust HIB to keep them up for a long time) and if Steam ever shuts down or kicks me out for whatever reason or anything I can still play the game.

Ok, I want in on this please :)

I'm happy to give you any of the games listed in the first post of this thread. Just let me know which one/s you'd like either here or in PM, and I'll send you keys or gift links.

They're all "indie" games, and mostly really good. A few of my favourites there are: Monaco, Ultratron, Machinarium, Closure, Fez.

Almost all of my spare games are from buying humble bundles and weekly sales. Can't resist them!

@ExquisiteCorpse, Yes I've just noticed this thanks, quite a selection there. Definitely going to try out some of those I've not heard of before.

@, Thanks! I wouldn't say no to a copy of Fez, that looks my kind of game :)

I've just signed up with Steam now, I've got a free game too, Orion: Dino Horde, it was on the greeting page as soon as I signed up with an alert saying 24hr remaining, so guess it's a welcome gift.

I have installed it on Windows in the end, on a laptop, and I will be using that Big Picture mode as I would like to enjoy these on my main [large] telly and can use an old xbox360 controller.

Went with Windows as it looks to have more games available, some I definitely want to get, like the new Strider and Audiosurf2.

Just on my work laptop at the moment but I'll get a little Windows machine I can leave connected to the telly soon.

cheers :)

The new Strider game is awesome imo, I bought it as soon as I saw it was available. The graphics are top notch, so much so that my laptop struggles with it at the highest resolution and I have a 3rd gen quad i7 running.

As far as places to get great bundles go, besides the humble bundles, my favorite sites are IndieGala and Bundle Stars. Thanks to those two I have over 200 games on my Steam account alone. Also have a bunch on Desura, Origin and of course GOG.

I've just signed up with Steam now, I've got a free game too, Orion: Dino Horde, it was on the greeting page as soon as I signed up with an alert saying 24hr remaining, so guess it's a welcome gift.
This is a promotion, it's only free to play for a short time then you can buy it if you want to play it. It's on special at the moment, 0.99c which is 93% off! It got some bad ratings and they're trying to save it I guess.

Well, it's not on special any longer in fact.

Back