Forum Feedback

It's all just opinions and why people get so heated I will never understand. Everyone tends to make valid points and that is what matters, not the value of those

But on another note I have been coming here since 2010 and have had my Pandora for about as long. I like these forums, the threads do mange to get a bit wild at times, but I think it is well managed. Thanks for all your time.
. Well passion is just a emotion if there is no love for computers we probably would have terrible computers

Last edited by a moderator:
When using the quick reply feature on forum posts you can't hit tab to go the the Post button, when hitting tab from there it goes to the search option right at the top of the page.

When you simply view a thread and hit tab, it goes to the Post button.

Totally frustrating and assbackwards, can that be rectified at all?

How come youtube videos show up as links now instead of being embedded as they used to be?

Also, How come new posts in the Pandora 2 Spam threads don't show up in View New Content?

How come youtube videos show up as links now instead of being embedded as they used to be?

Also, How come new posts in the Pandora 2 Spam threads don't show up in View New Content?
I wondered this too, one YT link I posted today from laptop showed as link only, sure when done it before from same Chrome browser it embeds.

Also, on my phone now, I don't get the blue surrounding of a quoted block of text, so it's almost impossible to know where quote ends and following comment starts.

I only noticed this though when I recently flashed a new ROM to my phone, so I put that down to my phone rather than the forum. It seems fine on my desktop browser still.

Well, untill I get a note 8 later this month... My forum involvement has been entirely through tapatalk on my phone. So I was wondering why all the p2 talk died all of a sudden... But now I know, I just couldn't see it. -.-

A pity...

Oh well, guess I have to consciously *search* for it now.

Out of curiosity - how does this kind of censorship actually improve the functionality of the forum? I've always in all the years I've been here, clicked 'view new content' and scrolled through the topics... Ignoring what doesn't interest me. Is that so hard for others to do?

I think I've deliberately visited the different sections of the forum maybe a total of 5 times. 'view new content' has always been good enough for me. Well, not anymore it seems...

The main reason is we should be focusing on what we have now.. Not what we have later.

You can enable it again by clicking on "Filter by forum" and selecting the forums you want to see in "View New Content" so its still there if you wanna see it :p

The main reason is we should be focusing on what we have now.. Not what we have later.

You can enable it again by clicking on "Filter by forum" and selecting the forums you want to see in "View New Content" so its still there if you wanna see it :p
Have to agree with Faemix, I'm not fond of this censorship.  Perhaps you Mods can talk to ED to see if his feelings have changed on it. 

As for the work around, not sure if it will work, but even if it does, selecting each forum manually leaves the door open to miss things when a new section is added. Not something I want to be managing manually

From my side of the story, it's not censorship.

The "heated" arguments about pandora 2 everywhere on the forums justified the creation of a pandora 2 spam section.

I wouldn't be happy to get back all this spam on the "View New Content" filter, and I think it's a feeling shared by many of the boards users.

Most of us don't really care about Pandora 2 since there are troubles to get the pandora 1 delivered or to get it working right.

Let's keep the View New Content clean from this spamfest, please.

Don't know what the fuss is anyway, it's not like that section gets a lot of posts to even come close to it being annoying.  I'd rather have it in by default as it should be., And if you are offended by it, screen it out.  Most sections are not read by each user, if we were to embark on that thinking most sections would be screened out by default as each user has there own select interests.

Also, on my phone now, I don't get the blue surrounding of a quoted block of text, so it's almost impossible to know where quote ends and following comment starts.

I only noticed this though when I recently flashed a new ROM to my phone, so I put that down to my phone rather than the forum. It seems fine on my desktop browser still.
It's the same on my phone as well, so looks like it's the mobile view being weird. :)

The removal of the Pandora 2 Spam section from the view new content section was a wish from many members and devs... but that happened months ago (and back then, there were a lot of posts in that section), so I do wonder why no one noticed that before...?

It's not censorship, just a default setting, and as long as nothing official is in there, it makes a lot of sense in my opinion.

I'll check the mobile theme when I find the time.

The removal of the Pandora 2 Spam section from the view new content section was a wish from many members and devs... but that happened months ago (and back then, there were a lot of posts in that section), so I do wonder why no one noticed that before...?

It's not censorship, just a default setting, and as long as nothing official is in there, it makes a lot of sense in my opinion.

I'll check the mobile theme when I find the time.
I thought people just stopped posting there because Pandora 2 prospects were getting slimmer.
This should have been voted on or at least publicly announced. There's lots of stuff I don't want in my new post listing but the Pandora 2 section isn't one of them. I missed posts that were weeks old because of this. Now I have to manually check that forum and it's really tedious.

I also don't agree that it's not censorship, when people weren't aware they were no longer missing the posts. And the decision was motivated by a desire by some to no longer see them. Maybe censorship wasn't the intention but that was the result.

Exophase : The section is still available and readable? If yes, that's not censorship, just a sensible choice since massive nonsense is going into this section…

Exophase : The section is still available and readable? If yes, that's not censorship, just a sensible choice since massive nonsense is going into this section…
This is semantics and subjective, but IMO if you hide something from someone without telling them you're hiding it that constitutes as censorship. Even if there were still methods available to access the information. If you say you're doing it based on the quality of the content then that makes it look all the more like censorship. People tend to associate censorship with views that some party finds threatening or uncomfortable but it can apply to things that party finds annoying too.

I don't appreciate your opinion of what's massive nonsense determining what shows up on my new posts lists, I want to see that this preference is backed by a consensus before I succumb to it.

Back