Forum Counselling

grahamr

This forum has a few problems. There is a lot of hostility, and bad feeling. We shout 'troll' too quickly, but to be honest we don't even need a troll, someone just has to make an ambiguous technical statement, and suddenly there is a blood bath with fur flying and everyone jumping in.

So.. I thought, what we need is counseling, we should create a thread where people could come to recover, and speak about their pain. Everyone can help, but no-one is allowed to be sarcastic, to argue, criticize or to blame.

To give you an idea of what i mean here is a purely fictional scenario show how it should work:-

WizardStan : Exophase was mean to me!
JayFoxRox : And how did that make you feel?
WizardStan : bad... but ..
JayFoxRox : Yes?
WizardStan : I was also *ahem* slightly aroused
JayFoxRox : You have nothing to be ashamed of. Have you expressed how you feel to Exophase?
WizardStan : I tried.
JayFoxRox : and what did he say?
WizardStan : I'm not sure, it was in hexadecimal.

so? what do you think? Do you have a problem you would like to share? did someone call you a troll? make fun of your toolchain?

lets have at least one thread where people are nice and just share their feelings.

paddy said:
I want my Pandora sob sob.

Have you tried medication? I find it can help, or sex therapy.

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't help it! There's just something about incomprehensible jargon that's so... MANLY!

I thought there was already a thread designed to help people with emotional issues on this forum. I remember it was a few months ago...I don't remember who started it.

Wow, watching all 264 episodes of Frasier really turned out to be useful :)

But yeh, I agree. Exo is way too mean, way too often. His presence alone makes me a sad fox ;) .
Oh and about expressing feelings... I'm through with that since garys proposal. We all know how that ended.

Just to help you a bit with Exos last post: He was doing extended brainfuck. Exo - please use code tags next time. Thanks

Code:
>_>

It means: Move forward in variable pool (which is the next thread started), set value to the lowest possible level ("_") and move on the the next variable (or next thread)

What we really need imo is more blogs, more articles. Not too many questions but users who are actually offering to work RIGHT NOW. Let it be documenting things, opening polls to find out more about the wanted applications or even working on music, models, textures, code or w/e could help.

//Edit: elinscheid: stfu use the fucking search function sob
Code:
 <_< _ <_<

JayFoxRox said:
Code:
 <_< _ <_<

It's hard to tell when people are being sarcastic on the interwebs. But it's easy to be an ass.

Here we go...
http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/51631-the-therapists-office/page__hl__doctor

Can we get some nice blue calming wallpaper in here too please...

elinscheid said:
JayFoxRox said:
Code:
 <_< _ <_<

It's hard to tell when people are being sarcastic on the interwebs. But it's easy to be an ass.

Here we go...
http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/51631-the-therapists-office/page__hl__doctor

Are you being serious? The only person that wasn't sarcastic from the beginning in this topic seems to be you. Even the OP doesn't seem to take this too serious if you check his sample (or his concluding words like "making fun of [someones] toolchain") :p
The only part were I have been serious are the two lines before my edit towards you. But since your post appeared while I was writing my reply I just thought it would be nice to end my post in a nice manner like the OP suggests... NOT. ("and suddenly there is a blood bath with fur flying and everyone jumping in.")
You can tell that I wasn't being serious if you check the first reply as someone had the same idea like me and used "sob" instantly. sob.

Ok, my bad. Like I said, it's hard to tell because I can't hear the inflection in your voice.

JayFoxRox said:
Are you being serious? The only person that wasn't sarcastic from the beginning in this topic seems to be you.

I'm always serious. I'm fucking Exophase.

Back