Break out Bord for EXT (PCB Designer Needed)

Would you buy a TinyBoB

• Total voters

Well WizardStan isn't getting back to me, so if you guys have two spare, I'd love to buy them from you so I can get my TinyBOBs working as soon as they arrive .. PM me your payment details if you've got a couple spare to sell ..

peca: no, thanks for that - I didn't see that yet, and it explains everything. I've contacted him again, hope to hear from him soon ..

I'm running out TinyBoBs - last 50 spare pieces. Except for those who have my confirmation already in PM I'm rising prices:

Code:
 pieces | price apiece | total price + shipping

1   |       4      |   4         + 2 =  6

2   |       3.25   |   6.5       + 2 =  8.5

3   |       2.75   |   8.25      + 2 = 10.25

5   |       2.3    |  11.5       + 3 = 14.5

10+  |       2      |  20         + 4 = 24

If somebody needs 100 or more - I can let them manufacture and price could be lower.

If you produce more I would hope that you can have the manufacturer cut some of the PCB away so that the edge of the board can touch the connector allowing an easier and better connection.

I think about it at the first impression. But I doubt that it is either possible nor needed. TinyBoB was pre-cut by cnc router with quite thick tool. However there could be much thinner tool - I guess that it be still too much thick to make so tiny cut out. I solder several TinyBoBs to connectors and it makes good connection - Tin nicely rises between pin and PCB trace. And to add force I solder tiny metal sheets on both sides of connector.

If I will ordering another batch - I'll could ask as ask is always free. :)

When filing away the small parts of plastic where the boards where attached to each other, I filed away a little bit more from the top (pinside). That also works.

When filing away the small parts of plastic where the boards where attached to each other, I filed away a little bit more from the top (pinside). That also works.
I intend to do this, I would be much happier with better looking connections. But I agree that it is probably not required.

I'd love to see photo's of your work, guys. I plan on making myself some full cables this week ..

Hmm, I finally got myself to start playing around with the ext-connectors and figuring out how to get some board or wires attached to them.

Since it seems almost impossible (or very difficult if not expensive) to get some 1mm pcb out here (Copenhagen), I was wondering if there are still some tinyBoBs left.

I have 3 connectors and would thus like 3 BoBs.

Otherwise I'm going to have to up my effort to find the pcb and use the gerber-files myself (a nice challenge, and there are people and tools at the local hackerspace that can help me).

Last edited by a moderator:
It's a bit overkill to have a bunch more ext-connectors. I think 3 would be fine for my purposes.

I would prefer 3 separate tinyBoBs (or just make them myself, just need to find some 1mm pcb somewhere <_< ).

Or just wire ribboncable directly to the connector and a breakout pcb (steady hands needed ;) and secure it with hotglue.

Well, at least that works for me, but it is not pretty...

IMG_4415.JPG

Or just wire ribboncable directly to the connector and a breakout pcb (steady hands needed ;) and secure it with hotglue.

Well, at least that works for me, but it is not pretty...

Agreed, my first attempt was without the tiny BoB.. I'm good at soldering, just my eyesight isn't as good as it used to be and those are some tiny pins.

Well I'm thinking of doing that with one of the connectors until I get a tinyBoB made/ordered. But for a more permanent cable I would prefer having a tinyBoB attached.

^ cool. You don't happen to have any separate tinyBoBs do you? :rolleyes:

Back