Forum Counselling

I try .. so hard .. to resist coming here EVERY SINGLE DAY and then hitting "View New Posts" about 70 times a minute, to see if there is any news .. maybe some scrap of information .. perhaps a bird flew over Craigs house or something .. oh .. *sob* ... Please make it stop. I can't handle my lust any longer .. *cry* .. I. Want. My. Pandoras. (I bought two.)

I believe that once those cases have shipped then people will start getting the skip back in their step.

My teeth are going to itch once the first customers start receiving their units, as I know that I am quite low on the list and I'll most likely be waiting another three months for my turn, but at least the mood will change here, and it will be really cool to come and see the new, positive topics springing up.

Sugar_Kane said:
I believe that once those cases have shipped then people will start getting the skip back in their step.

I believe it will be even better when the first Pandoras ship.

And I believe it might become worse for normal users when the Pandoras finally arrive, as not all emulators (N64, SNES, PSX, ...) are ready for release yet.

I believe C64 and Amiga fans will jump for joy as Amiga 500 (UAE4ALL) and C64 (Vice) does run fullspeed without frameskipping and is ready for release already.

And devs will love it, since coding will be very easy for it.

So when it's out, there will be a lot of everything :)
Users complaining bootup takes 55 Seconds (though it can be trimmed down as my first test disabling services I don't think that are needed showed... that brought us to 35 seconds. And then we can switch to Upstart which will make things even faster).
Users complaining about not 100% optimized emulators of every system out ther yet.
Users complaining about not-yet included hardware movie playing.
Users loving how well the system feels and how well they can play games, knowing that they can expect a lot more software coming from devs.
Devs loving the system since they can code the same way as for a desktop PC.
Users loving to help to improve the system with code snippets or bug reports.
Users loving to follow and help out beta testing for the next OS release.
Devs porting new OSs to the system - as booting from SD Card works well and is easy.

Trust me, EVERYTHING will occur once shipped :)

Last edited:
Since this is the mental health thread I thought I'd share my recurring dream. In it, an army of panda-tuxs, identical and perfectly in step, march em mass through a crowded city street. Each wears an arm band and waves a flag, both bearing the Pandora logo. Simultaneously, they turn their heads to the left and raise their right flippers/arms/whatevers in salute to the five shadowy figures that survey the spectacle of adulation from the balcony of an impressive gothic structure. As one and in perfect unison the penguins begin to chant. "Two months, two months" they cry, over and over.

I awake sweaty and shocked at my own mental state. You gotta help me doc! I need your help to get back to 1985!

sold said:
Since this is the mental health thread I thought I'd share my recurring dream. In it, an army of panda-tuxs, identical and perfectly in step, march em mass through a crowded city street. Each wears an arm band and waves a flag, both bearing the Pandora logo. Simultaneously, they turn their heads to the left and raise their right flippers/arms/whatevers in salute to the five shadowy figures that survey the spectacle of adulation from the balcony of an impressive gothic structure. As one and in perfect unison the penguins begin to chant. "Two months, two months" they cry, over and over.

I awake sweaty and shocked at my own mental state. You gotta help me doc! I need your help to get back to 1985!

H-O-L-Y S-H-I-T! OPEN SOURCED NAZIS!

RUUUUNNN!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hm, I recently watched all the BttF movies lately. Maybe your dream is related to that?

So... what exactly is going on here?
Can someone please explain? ;)

EvilDragon said:
Sugar_Kane said:

I believe it will be even better when the first Pandoras ship.

And I believe it might become worse for normal users when the Pandoras finally arrive, as not all emulators (N64, SNES, PSX, ...) are ready for release yet.

I believe C64 and Amiga fans will jump for joy as Amiga 500 (UAE4ALL) and C64 (Vice) does run fullspeed without frameskipping and is ready for release already.

And devs will love it, since coding will be very easy for it.

So when it's out, there will be a lot of everything :)
Users complaining bootup takes 55 Seconds (though it can be trimmed down as my first test disabling services I don't think that are needed showed... that brought us to 35 seconds. And then we can switch to Upstart which will make things even faster).
Users complaining about not 100% optimized emulators of every system out ther yet.
Users complaining about not-yet included hardware movie playing.
Users loving how well the system feels and how well they can play games, knowing that they can expect a lot more software coming from devs.
Devs loving the system since they can code the same way as for a desktop PC.
Users loving to help to improve the system with code snippets or bug reports.
Users loving to follow and help out beta testing for the next OS release.
Devs porting new OSs to the system - as booting from SD Card works well and is easy.

Trust me, EVERYTHING will occur once shipped :)
Not to sound like a brat but how come the SNES is not ready?

Nupfi said:
[Australian accent]See now what we got here is gaggle of forum larpers. You don't usually see them because of their great camouflage. Make sure to keep quiet and you can observe their behaviour in a relaxed environment. If you startle them, they'll just disappear.[/Australian accent]

TylerAW said:
yes redirect all attention to this pretty please

probally the number 1 reason I bought the pandora

jb0yx said:
TylerAW said:
yes redirect all attention to this pretty please

probally the number 1 reason I bought the pandora
I mean it's had plenty of time, hell I will take even a sloppy port at this stage as long as future updates are bound to come.

Mr.Confuzed said:
Nupfi said:
[Australian accent]See now what we got here is gaggle of forum larpers. You don't usually see them because of their great camouflage. Make sure to keep quiet and you can observe their behaviour in a relaxed environment. If you startle them, they'll just disappear.[/Australian accent]
CROIKEY

The fact that the emulator isn't "ready for release" doesn't mean it's not working. It might need some menu tweaks, maybe it just needs to be packaged into a PND, who knows.

Vorporeal said:
The fact that the emulator isn't "ready for release" doesn't mean it's not working. It might need some menu tweaks, maybe it just needs to be packaged into a PND, who knows.
It looked good to go from the videos, but I can see what you're saying, it will probably work via command line or something but something might not have their seal of approval on it just quite yet. Haven't seen a GUI front end for it yet, so that's probably it.

I would still like to see it have a rather high priority after the shipping OS image is completed. But that's just me, and probably that other guy.

Back