First batchers out there?

C

CocoCreekFisherman

I was going to place this thread under the QUESTIONS section but was not permitted to start a topic there so... I was curious as to how many  still have their first batch units and are happy with it?

I was happy with my unit for years, as it had a few defects, but nothing I couldn't live with. Late last summer, I started to get the purple LCD cable issues, and it took me awhile to finally upgrade. I went back and forth in my mind, on if I should just get a new LCD cable, or should I go 1GHz and upgrade?

It honestly took me months to finally decide. I sent my CC unit back a few weeks ago, and I believe ED shipped my upgrade out yesterday. If my cable had never gone bad, I think I would have stayed with my original until a P2 arrived. Once my cable went bad, then I started looking at the cracks in my case, a sometimes sticky d-pad, and the dead pixel I had been looking at since I received it originally, and it all added up to me upgrading.

I also figured it was a good way to help someone else get a unit, through whatever options ED has available to old preorder customers who still haven't gotten their units. 

Chris

I'm still satisfied with my CC Pandora. It's kinda good to have the slowest model when developing for it(don't expect anything in the near future tho).
Many CC Pandoras can reach something near 1 GHz just fine. Mine gets up to 969 MHz (tested with CPU stress test).

It does what I want just fine, next upgrade for me will be a Pyra then.

My case has a few cracks, but apart from  two other issues is fully functional.

1) Quite a long time ago it stopped charged through the power port... if it's the fault of the port, or the charger has died I don't know. Ever since then I've been charging via the MiniUSB port.

2) The connection via the USB port is so delicate I have to put downward pressure on whatever is plugged in there. I hardly use the port anymore because of this and it's quite a big issue for me.

So I can't say I'm completely happy. If my USB port was 100% I wouldn't really care about the power port (too much), but as is for the past few months I've been wondering if it's worth it to get fixed or to upgrade... or if I should just wait for the Pyra.

Can't quite justify the expense of an upgrade at this time... by the time I can tell myself honestly I have that kind of disposable cash the Pyra may be around the corner.

Still have my CC unit and am happy with it. Only problems: BT led is dead and the right speaker has no sound.

But might be my fault so I still love the device. Only needed some lcd cable replacement and recently visited ED to get a new silver case and screen.

I'm also using my CC pandora which already had the LCD cable replaced. It developed a crack near the corner of the lid but apart from that works perfectly. Even WiFi seems to be working with my router, although not very fast.

My CC unit is in pretty good nick. The Battery has bloated a little, which has caused some of the tabs on the battery cover to snap off... And the left nub won't register an Up movement.

However, I don't use the left nub for anything other than mouse clicks, so it's cool.

To be honest, I can't see myself getting the Pyra - my CC unit does everything I need it to.

D.

My CC unit has been through a few transformations, a new battery, two new cases, a new LCD cable and possibly an upcoming resolder of the volume wheel. The mainboard itself holds up great, those original black cases just seemed to crumble apart eventually though.

Still have mine, but not for long as I'm looking into a cheap rebirth upgrade til Pyra. Case has some small cracks/crumbles, battery might be a bit bloated, and I had to previously replace the lcd cable but everything else is pretty solid. I have this embarrassing screen protector on the screen, though. It was a little too small but haven't bothered peeling off as it's not a big deal.

I'm an all batcher.. Still use my CC unit for Toilet gaming.. it resides in the bathroom. My Rebirth is Semi-Permanent on my 36" CRT TV, running it without the battery with USB Ethernet adapter/USB Hub for video playing and retro gaming with controllers.. My 1Ghz is my on the go unit, travels with me always and I set it up occasionally to my DLP projector with huge screen. 

Another first batcher here, and very happy with the unit. The battery is getting a bit fat and the case has two tiny cracks and a broken screw, but other than that it works flawlessly, and I have been using it most days. The only big problem I had with the console is the purple screen tint, but it occurred during warranty and Ed fixed it without problems.

I'm not thinking in upgrading to any of the currently available Pandoras, but I'm considering buying a new battery to continue burning my Pandora until the Pyra is available.

Back