Craigix, Free Units To Devs?

vampire8bit

Just something Exophase mentioned in another thread that some devs didn't preorder from the first batch because they thought they would be getting free units. Craigix will top devs be getting free units from the first batch? I think they should do because of all they have done for the community and their work is going to be very important to make the Pandora a success.

well it would be in their best interest to give devs that are making stuff which will be very popular so I don't see why not. emulator devs etc.

torpor said:
I'm a dev, I'm making stuff. I bought my own. Big deal?
b-b-but...
I see no guru or x-treme team stamp below your paperclip, therefore, you get NOTHING!

Last edited by a moderator:
I would take anything said by this Exophase character with a grain of salt ;p

Maybe some devs will get free units, maybe not. If any do I'm sure it'll be ones who have already been working on things that are known to be very important to the Pandora userbase. Like Ari64. Or people who have already contributed a ton to Pandora software, like DJWillis, notaz, and cpasjuste. Or maybe people who have done a bunch of stuff for other platforms in the past, like zodttd.

If anyone at all, probably not just any devs, since there'd be way too many.

While we are at it, another person who should definitely be on the list is Gruso. Without his persistent commitment, the project would already have been order-cancelled to oblivion.

Exophase said:
I would take anything said by this Exophase character with a grain of salt ;p

Maybe some devs will get free units, maybe not. If any do I'm sure it'll be ones who have already been working on things that are known to be very important to the Pandora userbase. Like Ari64. Or people who have already contributed a ton to Pandora software, like DJWillis, notaz, and cpasjuste. Or maybe people who have done a bunch of stuff for other platforms in the past, like zodttd.

If anyone at all, probably not just any devs, since there'd be way too many.

dig dig dig out of that hole your in lol ;)
i dont want to follow this thread as it'll start squabbles :p

torpor said:
I think its interesting though, that there are "The" Devs, and then there are the devs. :)

lol, at least half of the people on theses board are devs, it's quite necessary to find "the" devs if you want to handle them free pandora...

Trevsweb said:
dig dig dig out of that hole your in lol ;)
i dont want to follow this thread as it'll start squabbles :p

I stand by everything I say 100%, but that doesn't make it official word or anything.

I'm just tired of being quoted all the time :(

At least this time I'm not being totally misunderstood.

i wouldnt worry i think the majoriy of the people here understand what your saying. its only a minority that would take things out of context

El Jefe said:
torpor said:
I'm a dev, I'm making stuff. I bought my own. Big deal?
b-b-but...
I see no guru or x-treme team stamp below your paperclip, therefore, you get NOTHING!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5QGkOGZubQ

PICKLE deserves 10 Pandoras! Purely because he made a game with THE PICKLEMONSTER in it. Nothing to do with any of the other work he did.

mali said:
While we are at it, another person who should definitely be on the list is Gruso. Without his persistent commitment, the project would already have been order-cancelled to oblivion.

I agree since Gruso has managed to keep interest going full steam with that crazy blog of his. :)

krosfyah said:
Code:
10 PRINT"I am a dev"
20 GOTO 10
Can I have my free Pandora now?
You used goto. A real dev would know that you never, under any circumstance, ever use a goto, least of all the edge case where a goto actually makes sense. Simply not overengineered enough. No Pandora for you. Only velociraptors.

WizardStan said:
krosfyah said:
Code:
10 PRINT"I am a dev"
20 GOTO 10
You used goto. A real dev would know that you never, under any circumstance, ever use a goto, least of all the edge case where a goto actually makes sense. Simply not overengineered enough. No Pandora for you. Only velociraptors.
Yeah, come back when you managed to hide the same functionality in 200 pages of obscure code that nobody but you understands.

mali said:
Ah no. As almost only those read his blog who are to lazy to read 3 topics a day in this forums :)

Further, he will make enuff money when he puts the domin on sedo-parking.com in one year. I bet he has an aweful lot of clicks :)

Give'm to the devs.

And I tell you even more about how this SHOULD go down:

All nerds and geeks read sites like engadget and whatnot.
After reading there about a new gadget, they go to youtube and search for the device.
So it is pretty obvious what has to be done:
Devs who have developed something (either Pandora-board, GP2x, PC) and say they are able to recompile it for the Pandora in 7 days, get a Pandora AND (here comes the important part) some amount, I have no idea how much is needed, say $50, for a decent camera so they can make cool vids for youtube. The money for the camera can be drawn from the dev-fund. THEN, and only THEN, after 7 days, the Pandoras get send to the press.

WizardStan said:
krosfyah said:
Code:
10 PRINT"I am a dev"
20 GOTO 10

goto fuck

Creature XL said:
All nerds and geeks read sites like engadget and whatnot.
After reading there about a new gadget, they go to youtube and search for the device.
So it is pretty obvious what has to be done:
Devs who have developed something (either Pandora-board, GP2x, PC) and say they are able to recompile it for the Pandora in 7 days, get a Pandora AND (here comes the important part) some amount, I have no idea how much is needed, say $50, for a decent camera so they can make cool vids for youtube. The money for the camera can be drawn from the dev-fund. THEN, and only THEN, after 7 days, the Pandoras get send to the press.
Go to youtube. Search for OpenPandora. Now, right now, there are already tonnes of videos of things running, programs being developed, lots of great stuff. These few more that the devs you would ship to would be drops in a bucket (large drops, but still drops), and there's only going to be more videos naturally within the first month of release: no need to cause artificial inflation of videos.
Also, review sites are likely to take their own videos anyway.

Back