Release Firefox 31.0 in repo

hdonk

So far, it looks better than 29 in my (very limited testing)

Still no audio though. Weird.

Also, no NEON in libyuv, as it's for a different arm core than we've got (Boo, hiss Mozilla)

Also, no NEON in libyuv, as it's for a different arm core than we've got (Boo, hiss Mozilla)
You mean ARM64? If it's 32bit, it should be compatible.
I would have thought so, but gcc refused to compile it. Don't know why, maybe when I have some time I'll look deeper in to it.
It's the asm interface to NEON code that's not compiling. Dunno what it's been targeted at.

I forget what Ekianjo's issues were, but I've just tried upgrading from 28 and this seems fine to me. Could be faster I guess, but not especially slower than 28 was IME.

I forget what Ekianjo's issues were, but I've just tried upgrading from 28 and this seems fine to me. Could be faster I guess, but not especially slower than 28 was IME.
Same here. I have been enjoying the update.

Maybe it's just me, then ? Firefox still takes ages to start, and to load any webpage for me. If I compare with Qupzilla, it's a world of differences now in terms of performances, while they used to be pretty similar. 

Try to delete the appdata folder.

I had some problems with sdcard usage where firefox won't react for some minutes. After cleaning appdata it worked again.

Try to delete the appdata folder.

I had some problems with sdcard usage where firefox won't react for some minutes. After cleaning appdata it worked again.
I did that for the previous FIrefox release but there was no effect on performance. I'll try that again then.

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe it's just me, then ? Firefox still takes ages to start, and to load any webpage for me. If I compare with Qupzilla, it's a world of differences now in terms of performances, while they used to be pretty similar.
I have gotten in the habit of running at 1200 MHz at all times. Could clock speed be coming into it?

It seems that Mozilla will start disabling SSLv3 support in upcoming Firefox releases after a new attack on Session Cookies in SSLv3-encrypted connections has emerged: https://blog.mozilla.org/security/2014/10/14/the-poodle-attack-and-the-end-of-ssl-3-0/

As far as I know, the workaround for "TLS doesn't work in Firefox on SuperZaxxon" is still to switch back to SSLv3? If yes, I think it's time for a serious attempt at actually solving the problem.

I don't see anything obvious in the Firefox build dependencies that could affect crypto except maybe libIDL - and if it's not that, we may have a bug in our libc or libstdc++?

Does the Firefox PND run on, for example, Slackware for Pandora? Does the TLS problem exist there, too?

Latest code::blocks also include a nightly build of firefox. You can try this version and see if TLS works from there (ok, that a 1.6Go of download for a small test...)

Slackware ARM's Firefox is an old version.

The main distro will be patched, but it may be a good idea to upgrade qupzilla or whatever affected browser.

Back