Release Firefox 17.0.1 in repo

It's stuck in the "Check compatibility of Add-ons" windows... I can't cancel and even closing the window doesn't work.

The update from 15 to 16 gave me no problems.

I'll try to terminate and delete appdata dir... *sigh*

EDIT: just killing and restarting worked ok, luckily I have still all my data and plugins configuration ^_^ Thanks hdonk, AGAIN :D

Last edited by a moderator:
<imitates the voice of Linux-SWAT>

Cool, but why not the nightly?

</imitate>

:rolleyes:

That's great.

Let's hope for some further speed improvements.

Next time I start Zaxxon I'll test it.

As long as I have the big screen I'm using Slackware with DisplayLink.

Yeah thanks for the update!

Now that you are done with Firefox why not a new Chromium port? The one we have in the repo is ancient and part of ChromeOS and very unstable (and full screen only). Having a decent Chromium port would be welcome!

it's really faster than the previous versions

FF17 already? GODLIKE! :D

It's stuck in the "Check compatibility of Add-ons" windows... I can't cancel and even closing the window doesn't work.

The update from 15 to 16 gave me no problems.
Had the same during updating from FF 13 to 15 but I was able to just clode the window and Firefox was starting normal. But my Firefox appdata folder is pretty old, existing since the first FF versions on my Pandora, maybe it would be a good idea to delete it. Maybe this does speed up the browser even more.

Maybe he built it with optimizations this time?

Thanks for this - great port. I'm still addicted to jumanji as my main browser, but use this for situations jumanji struggles with.

This is extremely zippy (to use a rather peculiar turn of phrase).

I like the advert for FF mobile (as distinct from this completely stationary pnd) on first run.

Its great being able to run full desktop s/w in my pocket - Well done hdonk :)

And the day has come and fellowship of Pandora had finally its first fast, stable and up to date modern browser, all that qualities in one mighty PND.

Thank you and accept my deep bow Sir hdonk.

Firefox runs good but I guess, my SD card is just to slow (class 6) or the Pandora CPU is not fast enough (600MHz) to render Web Pages. Even just google takes some seconds to load, this forum here at least 10 seconds or more and everytime I load a second page in a new tab, the other pages seems not to respond (things like scrolling etc.), untill the loading is complete. I guess I have to go through the config, maybe there are some tricks to make browsing faster. But it should be possible to have a web browsing experience like on my PC or Android mobiles or iPhone/pad/wahtever, there, most of this stuff is "instant".

Again, that seems not a problem of the Pandora Browsers in general (even Midori acts that slow on my Pandora), maybe I really need to OC or use a faster SD card (faster caching etc...) And maybe I should enable swap again, didn't use that since the new Firmwares use zRAM.

Sometimes it's incredibly fast, sometimes it's slow as hell.

Yesterday browsing the board was great with loading times below one second. Now it's much slower.

Here's one further interested person.

Yesterday I wasn't able to watch some youtube video via my big laptop. My Pandora had no issues here (except a bad 240p picture).

Firefox runs good but I guess, my SD card is just to slow (class 6) or the Pandora CPU is not fast enough (600MHz) to render Web Pages. Even just google takes some seconds to load, this forum here at least 10 seconds or more and everytime I load a second page in a new tab, the other pages seems not to respond (things like scrolling etc.), untill the loading is complete. I guess I have to go through the config, maybe there are some tricks to make browsing faster.

Same here. I just compared with Panda Browser and Lightweight on Pandora and the experience is completely difference - they can load the pages much faster than Firefox. This is a bit disappointing as I expected Firefox 17 to be a huge improvement over the 13.0 but it's far from it, unfortunately. Chromium in the repo also works quite fast, anyway much faster than Firefox.

Did anyone have trouble in just getting it to load in. I try and run it and nothing. The SD card flashes and then stops. I have downloaded it

it three times. What size should it be?

Everyone who has a CC Pandora should really enable swap. Don&#39;t rely on zram.<br /><br />Edit: and delete your FF appdata folder just to be sure.<br /><br />Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using Tapatalk 2<br /><br /><br />

Back