Release Firefox 10.0 in repo

hdonk

In repo as usual.

Last edited by a moderator:
Um... cool. But, what's new? (as has already been asked)

I assume using the new pnd will erase all my bookmarks?
No new pnd won't delete your bookmarks,your bookmarks only delete when you delete firefox from appdata.

What's new i can't see anything improvement from 9.0 version both had same problem can't log into google accounts.

Firefox 10.0 has one problem can't sign in using youtube and google accounts it says error code: sec_error_no_memory.

How can this error be sorted.

Not certain Ocean, but if you check back on the FF9 thread, there was mention of a fix for sign in issues for HTTPS and gmail there .

See here

and here

Many thanks hdonk, this is working very smoothly again. You tha man :)

Firefox 10.0 has one problem can't sign in using youtube and google accounts it says error code: sec_error_no_memory.

You might want to try using some swap memory if you arent already. There's a really simple PND that helps you create a swap file and enable it - I think it's in the repo. I can't remember what it's called right now, and I need to go to sleep, if you can't find it PM me and I'll send you the link tomorrow. Remember, use as fast an SD card for swap as you can, but remember it will shorten it's life a bit (though they are cheap enough not to worry too much now). Also, I really reccomend using an EXT2 formatted SD card for storing a swap file - or fat32 (I really DON'T reccomend using NTFS or EXT3 or 4 as they make far too many writes).

You might want to try using some swap memory if you arent already. There's a really simple PND that helps you create a swap file and enable it - I think it's in the repo. I can't remember what it's called right now, and I need to go to sleep, if you can't find it PM me and I'll send you the link tomorrow. Remember, use as fast an SD card for swap as you can, but remember it will shorten it's life a bit (though they are cheap enough not to worry too much now). Also, I really reccomend using an EXT2 formatted SD card for storing a swap file - or fat32 (I really DON'T reccomend using NTFS or EXT3 or 4 as they make far too many writes).
I use my programs in sd card 1 is that wise idea and i can't find the program,please send me the link.

This error is not midori just in firefox,early versions of firefox didn't have these probelms,it's just last 2.

The solution to the sec_memory error was given in the thread MarioPandio posted: in fact the very next post in that thread was from Ocean, so I dont know why he is still crying about all this time later.

Don't have a Pandora yet, but on my old Laptop Firefox 10 seemes to be faster and using a bit less memory ... no noticable improvements on the Pandora?

Edit: and I think some security issue was fixed ...

What's the deal with firefox's version numbers lately.. I'm still using Firefox version 3.6.15 on my laptop and it's not that old..

v.3.6.15, released March 4th, 2011

What's the deal with firefox's version numbers lately.. I'm still using Firefox version 3.6.15 on my laptop and it's not that old..

v.3.6.15, released March 4th, 2011

So true. If this trend continues, any slightly major change will have to have a completely different name in the future, and the major version number will become the bugfix release number. So, there'll have to be an entirely new web brouser, Icecrap or something, when Firefox has its interface tweaked a little. Of course, people of the future will find it hilarious that people of the past used the same software for years or even decades, never actually improving anything. After all, Windows 3.0 and Windows 7 can't be all that different! They just have a different number! Windows 7 is probably just a routine release, just like Firefox 10.

So true. ..... After all, Windows 3.0 and Windows 7 can't be all that different! They just have a different number! Windows 7 is probably just a routine release, just like Firefox 10.

Time to reboot your brain and upgrade to a higher IQ. The version you are using seems extremely limited.

Back