Release Firefox 10.0 in repo

So true. ..... After all, Windows 3.0 and Windows 7 can't be all that different! They just have a different number! Windows 7 is probably just a routine release, just like Firefox 10.

Time to reboot your brain and upgrade to a higher IQ. The version you are using seems extremely limited.

You know I wasn't being serious, right?

What's the deal with firefox's version numbers lately.. I'm still using Firefox version 3.6.15 on my laptop and it's not that old..

v.3.6.15, released March 4th, 2011

Most other browsers are up to a version greater than 3.

Mozilla decided they should catch up so as not to appear inferior to the pack.

Kind of silly i know, but so is advertising.

What's the deal with firefox's version numbers lately.. I'm still using Firefox version 3.6.15 on my laptop and it's not that old..

v.3.6.15, released March 4th, 2011

Most other browsers are up to a version greater than 3.

Mozilla decided they should catch up so as not to appear inferior to the pack.

Kind of silly i know, but so is advertising.
And in some years, we have "Firefox 50" or what? :D

Bigger version number != bigger win.

Bigger version number just means that many changes have been made. The only proper version number comparison is between versions of the same software. Internet Exploder 6 is not better than Firefox 3 because it has a bigger number.

Honestly, I don't think people are this stupid. Whoever decided on inflating version numbers are the stupid ones, or they're deliberately trying to make people stupid. I don't know of a single person that would look at the version number of two different pieces of software and decide that the one that has a bigger version number is the better one.

Bigger version number just means that many changes have been made. The only proper version number comparison is between versions of the same software. Internet Exploder 6 is not better than Firefox 3 because it has a bigger number.

Honestly, I don't think people are this stupid. Whoever decided on inflating version numbers are the stupid ones, or they're deliberately trying to make people stupid. I don't know of a single person that would look at the version number of two different pieces of software and decide that the one that has a bigger version number is the better one.
how many blades does your shaving razor have?

how many blades does your shaving razor have?

3, but I don't see how the trend of having over 9000 razor blades on a single cardridge has anything to do with version number inflation. Number of blades on a razor cardridge is something with an obvious meaning, and yes, people are stupid enough to think more razor blades is particularly better (just like word size, RAM, CPU speed and [insert spec here]). Version numbers are completely different, though, because everyone knows all a bigger version number means is it's an upgrade to older version(s) of the same software (so, Internet Explorer 8 > Internet Exploder 6). There's no jargon or anything involved and no claim of having more of something.

Last edited by a moderator:
my point is that youve fallen for the same advertisement crap, so you cant call others dumb for doing it. any little amout of research will show you that classic one razor shaving...things, are better than all that 3-4-5 razor stuff that gillette sells

my point is that youve fallen for the same advertisement crap, so you cant call others dumb for doing it. any little amout of research will show you that classic one razor shaving...things, are better than all that 3-4-5 razor stuff that gillette sells
Actually, I only use the Mach 3 because they sent one in the mail. I couldn't care less about the number of blades and I don't even pay attention to their advertising (if I did, I would be buying those 5-blade pieces of crap they sell). I use it because I found it to be comfortable.

In any case, I was saying that people are not that stupid, sir. You brought up razor blades, as if to say, "See? People are that stupid!", and I responded, "No, that's not a proper comparison; people may be stupid enough to choose because 5 blades or 64-bit, but they're not stupid enough to choose because version 9001."

Face or legs (or both)?

Personally, I think version numbers should be long, hexidecimal encryptions that contain hidden, scrambled corporate messages, sort of like the old subliminal messages in commercials trick.

Seriously, though -- I am seeing a problem rendering cnn.com that I don't see in Midori. Does anyone else see this?

Thanks.

Midori can't play some online live video but firefox can play it,this is the same site i'm talking about.

There 2 sites which midori can't play online live videos and firefox can.

Back