Finished! (Well... the schematics, that is)

Hi anybody knows if there will be an aluminum/metal case right from the beginning or at all?

I may be wrong, but I had the impression (from posts and numbers in the shop) that less than 50 preorders actually happend and ED is planning to buy the rest, hoping to sell them later.

I think that was true at the time that comment was made.  Since then I think around 20 more have sold. (That is based on the counter, which I think was reset on that page in the shop after that comment. I check it every few days while trying to guess how many other people might be sending in a Pandora for recase.  Due to the delays and cable availability I am considering swapping cases myself, and just sending mine in now for other work needing to be done.  I was really hoping my Pandora would be all fixed up no later than mid-January.)

ED also said he was snagging 20 or so, which I believe he said included some that would be sold as part of complete units.

Last edited by a moderator:
Had the same impression.

I hope it's right, because I'm planning to buy one. Maybe I should just order one now, drop the WiFi window, together with a WiFi stick which I think ED sells.

Had the same impression.

I hope it's right, because I'm planning to buy one. Maybe I should just order one now, drop the WiFi window, together with a WiFi stick which I think ED sells.
I got tired of waiting, and am hoping that either a choice I feel is best is made regarding the wifi window, or I have enough time to add a note before/if ED sends a list with that info over.  I am still hoping we get to see the first one, or prototype or whatever, before the full run is made, so that those of us concerned about it can make sure to leave a note.  I also am hoping we don't get a logo.

It's a bit more than 80 preorders for the aluminium case, and once the machine program is coded, further low-quantity runs should easily be possible within a few days.

The only thing I'd like to know is :
What about the screen ? How's it going ?

I think we're all dying for the Sharp 5.2" screen.
Anyway, as I got no answer : Any news about the screen ? Still not decided yet ?
Untitled-1.jpg

Forever unsanwered.

Keyboard

Well.... as the design is basically finished, it's time to soon start for me to work on the keyboard layout. I know we've got hundreds of posts about that already, which I all need to browse and check and find the best suitable keyboard layout.

I'll probably make a few different layouts and put them up to discussions, so we can tweak them.

I plan to do this end of November / early December.
..and don't forget the DIY option we talked about at hackover :) (at least a separate siliconemap only option..)

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh, an talking about PCBs: If it's possible, it would be nice to have an 3d step representation of the boards/LCD. If so I could try to break it down to some sort placeholder, which can be build from some layers of laser cutted material.

So everyone who want's to build a own case/ a special case/ whatever can build a wodden block of the sice of the boards for packing purposes, without setting the orignal boards at risc.

Aren't you attending the event?

For me, maybe a video of you talking or giving another mini video demo.

The video has been posted in a different thread already, but we couldn't give a demo there :)

Are there any news on the screen side?
Thank you ! I always knew I wasn't the only one asking ! \o/

Seriously, could someone at least say "No." if there isn't any decision made ? It's been weeks I've been watching for news.

Well I'm always watching for news somehow, but I'd like to have something new to read :lol:

Back