Finished! (Well... the schematics, that is)

Are there any news on the screen side?
Thank you ! I always knew I wasn't the only one asking ! \o/

Seriously, could someone at least say "No." if there isn't any decision made ? It's been weeks I've been watching for news.

Well I'm always watching for news somehow, but I'd like to have something new to read :lol:
Just guessing, but if an official announcement hasn't been made either the decision hasn't been made, or they don't want us to know.

Well then just say no when we ask. Don't leave us hanging.
This project is being done by a few people that actually have other jobs outside of this project.. be a tad patient if EvilDragon and company can't be on the boards everyday answering every question.

Edited: toned down my rant.

Last edited by a moderator:
I won't mind your edit as I didn't see the original ^_^

I know I'm a little impatient, but shucks, it's so difficult to wait for the Pyra that I'm always looking at news. Just in case.

I just like hearing about progress and seeing pictures.. I'd be happy to learn they got a new coffee machine at the headquarters :D but only if the update included pictures ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
No new coffeemachine, as ours is still working fine ;)

About the display: Most probably it'll be the BOE one.

The Sharp one seems to be too big, we couldn't get it into the case without increasing the size.

Support for the BOE one is top-notch as well, and we already got some with touchscreen applied.

But it's not yet fixed - not until we get the BOE and the Solomon chip working properly (Nikolaus will work on the BOE tomorrow and we'll get support from Solomon to get the rotator chip working).

Is the Sharp display really that big compared to the BOE one or does it just scratch bracuse of the rounded form of the lid shell? The curve is compared huge, I can imagine it stops the LCD to fit in.

However, if the smaller one works better it's OK and it's till bigger than the current Pandora LCD. I hope the rotator chip will be working as intended, seems to be a critical component for the entire Pyra.

Well, the Sharp is 0,2 inches bigger, and the BOE is already a close fit.

What names are you meaning?

I'll be a happy day once the rotator chip is confirmed working. We first heard about that chip so long ago now that it'd be a great relief to actually see it doing what it's supposed to do. Keep up the good work, guys!

I'm really curious to just see progress. The birth of the Pandora was something I never got to witness since it was before my time. But.. now I can be here for the pyra :)

Just out of curiosity, was Sharp display vertical or horizontal.

It was stated that it probably is vertical, but it was not confirmed and there was mentioned that there is expected some support from Sharp.

As long as the case design is not finished, there could be still made adjustments to make it fit if really needed. ;)
Vertical, as usual :(
Hopes are that horizontal displays may be come back if more 3D glasses like Occulus Rift are made. At the moment, however, they also only use portrait mode smartphone displays (Occulus Rift). But somehow they have to rotate the image too.

As long as the case design is not finished, there could be still made adjustments to make it fit if really needed. ;)
That would need a bigger case, so EVERYTHING would have to be redesigned (keymat, PCB, all parts of the case, etc.).

That's on minor adjustment, and it would just make the difference between pocketable and not pocketable.

Back