Finding a proper name and logo :)

In an attempt to suggest a name that sounds like an actual device while keeping with the "Dragon" theme I'm going to suggest "DragonByte" hoping people will appreciate the play on words. "Byte" of course taking place of the actual word "Bite" which fits well with a dragon and at the same time refers to technology.

The Title should be pronounceable in more languages than just in english. That would make it much easier in daily life.

Try this:

Hey, can you please pass me my ______ ?

Please fill in your favorite Suggestion and translate this sentence into your native language...

Most Titlesuggestions sound very uncomfortable to me.

+1 for greek mythology or silly names like bob

I respect EDs conscience, but "Pandora" is just perfect in so many points.
I was stating this some pages before.

Pyragon is great in English and German.

That's why I like it.

Pyragon supporter unite!

name: dragonbox [all lowercase one word]

logo: db  [mirror image of lowercase d/b]

ED are you sure you want to mix the german bahn with this?
Of course it depends how the logo is designed. More graphical than letters imho. And Deutsche Bahn has a frame and capital letters by the way. ;)

120px-Db-schild.svg.png

isn`t db one common ASCII-art version for penis?

sorry for that!

Open Pandragon, (Open Dragon for All reminds at Open Pandora)

Dragonscale (not this much google hit, link to the dragon, remindable name)

Why scale? How it that relative?

You might as well go

Dragontoe

Dragonclaw

Dragontooth

Dragonchops

Dragontail

Dragonforce

Dragonsong

Dragonwill

SiliconDragon

CrystalDragon

PowerDragon

ElectroDragon

TuxDragon

BoxDragon

DragonCube

DragonChest

DragonLoot

Every last one of them sounds lame lame lame...

Company name - Dragonbox

Device name - Arcane

So like Sega Saturn, Nintendo 64, Sony Playstation etc. we'd have the Dragonbox Arcane.

Agreed with the 'Dragonbox: [...]' name

Dragonbox is a very easy name to remember, so I think that is a good idea. Dragonbox on its own is already high ranked in google so if the name of the device is not remembered you will still find ED's shop.

Company name - Dragonbox

Device name - Arcane

So like Sega Saturn, Nintendo 64, Sony Playstation etc. we'd have the Dragonbox Arcane.
That's an interesting idea...  I'm not sure if I like it...   Do we really want to advertise the device as being obscure? 

That being said, none of the first page of Google results are other products, and a logo concept does immediately come to mind.   Pandora logo with entwined dragon in the shape of a question mark... :)

The arcane.com, arcane.net and arcane.org domains all appear to be unavailable.

That said if we are advertising the device as being DragonBox <whatever>  then perhaps we only need the DragonBox domain, and ED can setup subdomains for each subsequent product. eg  arcane.dragonbox.de or pyragon.dragonbox.de

- Neelix

But the company name is OpenPandora GmbH.
But will it continue to be OpenPandora once the second device is available? The Pandora will live on for a while yet, but even ED doesn't want the next device to be called Pandora2 or have a connection with it via the logo. Perhaps establishing a new name for the gaming device and any subsequent versions/editions will be required. Establish a branding now and use that forever more.

Last edited by a moderator:
Company name - Dragonbox

Device name - Arcane

I don't consider that a problem.   It's fairly common for companies to create a brand name that isn't directly related to their company name, and in this case the DragonBox brand is already established, being the name of ED's shop.

- Neelix

Company name - Dragonbox

Device name - Arcane

Same as for "open".

We can always put the "DragonBox" before any name.

Dragonbox Myrida

Dragonbox Pyragon

Dragonbox Drakon.

The second part is important.

So could the name be abbreviated in searches?

Like PlayStation Portable - PSP

DragonBox Myriad - DBM

DragonBox Pyragon - DBP

DragonBox Drake - DBD  (I prefer Drake to Drakon when prefixed with DragonBox)

... but just found out 'drake' is a male duck!  ... I always knew it as a small fire-breathing dragon. Interesting

Company name - Dragonbox

Device name - Arcane

You have got a point there..

Why not make it

OpenPandora Pyragon

Pyragon created by OpenPandora GmbH

I am not so sure using the OpenPandora name is such a bad idea now Craigs company is officially history. Would be nice to have open somewhere and you can still keep the openpandora.org domain and boards. 

OpenConsolePortable ? 

OpenHandheldPortable ?

Handy Portable

Pandora Pico

Pico Handheld

OpenPandora Pico

Didn't ED said he don't want the new console to have anything related to OpenPandora companies?

To start anew and keep behind us all the screw ups during the whole pandora project.

I mean even if OpenPandora Ltd. is more or less officially dead, anything pandora related would inherit pandora's legacy of really late delivery, sub-par manufacturing (first version case, CC mainboards…), etc.

Really bad advertising for a new console IMHO

Back