Finalizing the PCBs

I wait for the pyra as phone replacement as well. Currently i have still an old nokia non-smartphone which works great. (Except that it shuts itself down if someone calls me and i don´t get it after the first two rings)

I didn’t want my Pyra to replace my Phone,
Therefore I’m too far in the Apple Micro Cosmos,
I use Apple Musik and have a Apple Watch, which is pretty useful for me but ditnt work whit the Pyra..
i still want my Pyra in the biggest configuration whit 4G and 4GB, but it will be mostly my EDC Computer, no Phone..

I have my fingers crossed on being able to use my Pyra as a phone but I'm also willing to have a backup if it doesn't work out. I also use my phones until they pretty much fall apart, I'm on a Samsung Galaxy S5 right now and it works really well so no immediate plans to upgrade. If my Pyra replaces it that's cool if not I'll get something when my S5 dies.

I'm not expecting my Pyra to come any time soon, and even once it's there I'm not sure how long it'll take for phone software to be a usable replacement for my phone.

But my phone currently is even older than my Pandora, but is on its third or fourth battery (I forget). For now it's meaning I don't need to pay for an artificially priced Apple product or buy into a phone system that will spy on me, or pay for a linux phone that's likely to be dissapointing for a while yet. Whether I should have jumped for a gta04 or something and that will prove workable before my Pyra comes and works for me remains to be seen though. And of course, there's always a possibility the Pyra will never suit me as a phone for whatever reason.

I will try to squeze another year and a half from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3 by getting a new battery for it, and will replace it with Librem 5 when it comes avable sometime at 2019.
My PYRA preorder is for the LTE version but Iam considerenig to change it to WiFi only.

Anyway,
News update will be nice.
I will not be surprised if a massive preorder cancellation occurs, once the GDP WIN 2 price is revealed,
and the "monthly" updates about the PYRA "progress" will not help at all.

I will not be surprised if a massive preorder cancellation occurs, once the GDP WIN 2 price is revealed,
and the "monthly" updates about the PYRA "progress" will not help at all.

If there is a mass cancellation it is because people don't understand the differences between the Pyra and GPDWin. I don't think the GPDWin 2 will have cell capabilities will it? Also the battery life probably won't be as good either.

If there is a mass cancellation it is because people don't understand the differences between the Pyra and GPDWin. I don't think the GPDWin 2 will have cell capabilities will it? Also the battery life probably won't be as good either.

I can understand it though. The pyra will do what i want, but at some point people might get fed up with waiting and decide "good enough," and here now is better than "perfect," and who knows when.

I still love and use my Pandora so i will hold on. But it would be nice to have a more solid perspective deliver date from ED as i go into year 3 with a pre-order

So you all doubt, that ED has faked the news about holdups, has employed P.I.s to determine where each of us would be at X-Mas Eve, and will send his SDPs (Santa Dragon Proxies) across the world to suprise us with our precioussss?
You're destroying a dream here right now, you mean Hobbits! :======(

employed P.I.s to determine where each of us would be at X-Mas Eve
7proxies.PNG

Here is hoping things will go without issues and the release will be before this summer, otherwise I will have to buy a new phone, which would be a waste of money this close to the Pyra release.

As if in reply to my earlier message, my phone's external speaker died.
I think I jinxed it.

Back