Finalizing the PCBs

Well then, (maybe this could be extremely temporary, do you have one without the hearts and the wizard gnome? ;) )

So you want to take away all the love spirit of Christmas ?! :confused:

Unluckily both were just raw fast edits on the same animation, I don't have a way to leave just the hat... it must be redone entirely starting from the virgin gif, that I don't have anymore. +o(

So you want to take away all the love spirit of Christmas ?! :confused:

Unluckily both were just raw fast edits on the same animation, I don't have a way to leave just the hat... it must be redone entirely starting from the virgin gif, that I don't have anymore. +o(
Just curious, what software did you use to make that gif?
I'm stuck with the old horrid Microsoft GIF Animator

The material and heatsink stick on top of the USB port. And they're far away from the SoC, they can't cause ANY strain to the BGA.
The heatsink almost fits perfectly, but I'm also looking to find a bit better ones (there's 0,5mm left :)))

Am I getting turned around?

Wouldn't the heatsink stick to the bottom of the USB port?
img_5114_rotated-jpg.30433

Above the USB port is system board and hinge, right? I had pictured the copper heatsink being somewhere in the void between the right shoulder buttons (left side of image) and the lanyard hole on the right and under the 3 USB ports.

Am I getting turned around?

Wouldn't the heatsink stick to the bottom of the USB port?
img_5114_rotated-jpg.30433

Above the USB port is system board and hinge, right? I had pictured the copper heatsink being somewhere in the void between the right shoulder buttons (left side of image) and the lanyard hole on the right and under the 3 USB ports.

On that picture, the heatsink would be on the bottom, below the USB port towards the battery cover.

We can fit two 12x17x5,5mm heatsinks there. The Pyra we tested only had one 12x12x5mm heatsink in there.

I am touched that you all are including me once again in a collective joke...I aim to please. :D Wally might be a good sport after all.

I've complained and lost my mind, but I will forget, uhhh never forget whatever it was that brought me here in the first place....and that was The Pandora...and then The Pyra - may it eventually happen. I haven't lost all hope, even if I've lost all sanity. Here's to us - the insane that hope for a better future (with a PYRA).

@EvilDragon

->If you're trying to run the OMAP5 with 1,5GHz full power, it will drain the battery within 1 - 2 hours!

I don't care if the AC adapter is plugged, which I do when I compile mass stuff on the OP during days, and obviously on the devboards as they have no batteries.

Put the pyra in the fridge with Usb-ethernet adaptor (wifi is meh in a fridge)

Problem solved.

Because my phone has been busted for about a month now and I need a replacement. The Pyra is supposed to be that replacement, but I can only wait so long.

In the time it's taken for the Pyra to come out I've bought two phones haha
About a year ago, I was thinking of buying the Pyra as an awesome phone.
I didn't think it would take this long to release, but that got me to try and keep my current phone alive a little bit longer.
By now I have gone through multiple custom ROM's, I have a pretty good idea what settings to make in apps like Kernel Auditor to either get the most out of my old CPU or to get the battery to last half a day.
So in the end, the Pyra might actually save me money, since I would have otherwise bought a new phone a long while ago...

I'm still super excited for the Pyra to release, even though I am usually very impatient.

Here is hoping things will go without issues and the release will be before this summer, otherwise I will have to buy a new phone, which would be a waste of money this close to the Pyra release.

In the time it's taken for the Pyra to come out I've bought two phones haha
I try to hold onto my phones for as long as possible. They are stalwart companions in the fight against dis-information. I've gone through three phones and only replaced them because they became unable to perform their duty and not worth the cost of fixing. My Nexus 5 is my fourth phone, purchased slightly after the Pyra was announced, only because my previous phone completely kicked the bucket. I'd hoped to hold onto my old phone until the Pyra was released, but that became an impossible dream, so I had to replace it. And now I'm holding onto that hope again, that my Nexus will last just another Two Months so I can replace it with the Pyra, but I'm starting to lose that hope.

My Galaxy Grand Prime has lasted two years now, almost. I'm hoping it lasts until the pyra comes out.

Back