Female Pandora Owners

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eniko said:
djmaddis said:
Girlz, a quick question : are you here for the old school gaming. If so, are you into games such metal slug &sfa3 or are you more into games like DIZZY?
I don't know what SFA3 or DIZZY is. Personally I just want to play OpenTTD on the go with a touchscreen, and Dosbox emulation on the go with both touchscreen and keyboard. :p Yes I'm boring, now leave me to my trains! :unsure:
PoisonedV said:
yes, they are.. it's science and no matter what 'conformist, conservative, fundamentalist' definitions you try and get out if, female is female and male is male, and a different state of mind doesn't change that. deal with it.
Male is male and female is female. Unless you're XXY, otherwise intersexed, or a fully functional female with XY chromosomes due to androgen insensitivity syndrome. Oops? :huh:

Those aren't male and female, are they? I didn't say that male and female is all there is. what I'm saying is that you can't be a gender simply by declaring it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh god, I never realized that insulting xkcd could lead to suicide... i'm so sorry.

(in all seriousness, I don't see how thats relevant. I'm not saying if you had your genitalia fucked up as a child, you are still a male. I'm not saying if you don't have the right cromosomes, but have a dong, you are a male. i am saying: if you possess with the standard male set [xy and full male genitalia] you are a male)

thats not the point.you apearently don't even know what actually causes one sex to be so,at one time if it is male the fetus will recieve testosterone for the brain,and later will recieve another dose of testosterone for the body.But sometimes this goes wrong and one case the brain doesn't recieve testosterone but the body does or the opposite happens.

According to the Jerry Springer Show anyway! Wish I got Living 2 here the fights are awesome :(.

Iorgy77 said:
This thread is why we don't have nice things. :angry:
this thread is why we don't have girlfriends
(actually, I'd be willing to bete that rate isn't as bad as on other forums)

PoisonedV said:
Iorgy77 said:
This thread is why we don't have nice things. :angry:
this thread is why we don't have girlfriends
(actually, I'd be willing to bete that rate isn't as bad as on other forums)

:lol:

Sorry, I just had to write in and say that maybe those who do not have any experience or prior knowledge of gender issues stay out of the subject and leave it to those who do. Lookin' at you PoisonedV. I don't think it's appropriate for people that have no idea about the science or psychology to say "Sorry, transgendered person, but I know more about your condition than you do because I wikipedia'd it." It's just plain stupid. I'm not saying that you shouldn't be able to ask questions, it's just that a lot of unsavory characters on this thread are telling instead of asking.

Anyway, I always find it refreshing to find that some women (genderwise, not sexwise, of course) are active in the geek community. I'm really glad that the appeal of the Pandora goes beyond the hardcore male nerd demographic.

sold said:
Fair point. And I hope I didn't sound like I was trying to trivialize the issue :D

Sorry for going off topic all :)

EDIT: I just wanted to ask Tiff what the appeal of having srs is. I mean, it seems like it is only a cosmetic change. AFAIK afterward a person cannot function sexually as either gender, so what does it solve? What is so difficult about accepting the form you were born into and living life the way you feel instead of surgically modifying yourself to alter societies perception of you? Or is it more than that?

EDIT2: Sorry for remaining off topic temporarily :p
What I found strange that when I started Nursing, all the online computer hospital programs only had 2 options under sex ( male or female ), now 12 years later there are something like 5 options.. Who knew !!

David...

Eniko said:
I don't know what SFA3 or DIZZY is. Personally I just want to play OpenTTD on the go with a touchscreen, and Dosbox emulation on the go with both touchscreen and keyboard. :p Yes I'm boring, now leave me to my trains! :unsure:
What, TTD? I don't understand. Don't you mean Barbie Super Model? :p

danbert2000 said:
Sorry, I just had to write in and say that maybe those who do not have any experience or prior knowledge of gender issues stay out of the subject and leave it to those who do. Lookin' at you PoisonedV. I don't think it's appropriate for people that have no idea about the science or psychology to say "Sorry, transgendered person, but I know more about your condition than you do because I wikipedia'd it." It's just plain stupid. I'm not saying that you shouldn't be able to ask questions, it's just that a lot of unsavory characters on this thread are telling instead of asking.
Sorry, I just had to write in and say that maybe those who do not have any experience or prior knowledge of another persons experience or prior knowledge in gender issues stay out of the subject and leave it to those who do. Lookin' at you danbert2000. I don't think it's appropriate for people that have no idea about the person or their knowledge to say "Sorry, person I do not know, but I know more transgenders than you do because I read 3 articles that were convenient for my position" It's just plain stupid. I'm not saying that you shouldn't be able to ask questions, it's just that a lot of unsavory characters on this thread are telling instead of asking.

This thread is gonna make me look at you all in a completely different light.

How many of you have had "the job"?

Maybe I should make a poll?

And Poisoned is just sore cos he was born with no genitals ;)

Haha, gender deconstruction discussion on gp32x. I am amazed that this is possible without a vicious flamewar starting. Makes my confidence in this community grow.

Gender identities are an important thing and many people don't understand how this works as there is many factors involved. What I find weird is also that many guys believe that being gay means you are more feminine which is also bullshit. Sexual orientation has nothing to do with gender and this is what is different about homosexuality and transsexuality. Being trapped in the body of a man and wanting to be a woman is actually heterosexual if you desire men. It can be the other way around though. You can be a lesbian transsexual as well.

Prophet said:
Ack!!! You people are seriously missing THE POINT of this thread. Serrrrrrriously.

THE POINT: therez GIRLZ here. OMFG. OMFMFG.
Yes, although one of them has a wang. Though i wouldn't hold that against her.

My bad on posting the duplicate topic, although this one hasn't quite answered my posted question yet. What do the female gamers play typically? What would they be interested in playing that really isn't very common since most games are targeted for guys? Or is it a big sausage party here? Judging by some of the previous posts, that question may have already been answered. :)

Frogboy said:
My bad on posting the duplicate topic, although this one hasn't quite answered my posted question yet. What do the female gamers play typically? What would they be interested in playing that really isn't very common since most games are targeted for guys? Or is it a big sausage party here? Judging by some of the previous posts, that question may have already been answered. :)
The games I am playing most on my Wiz at the moment are Ruckman, Sleuth Slots and Blingo. I don't really agree that most games are written for boys, only war type games really. There's a lot of different game styles out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back