pandora alternatives

It seems quite a few people go round in circles trying to get the Pandora experience on a budget, but in a way end up wasting money on a substandard experience.

My message to you is join us! Spend the extra and as soon as you get your Pandora you will realise you made the right decision, it won't fight against you :)

hit-nail.jpg

After me having a dingoo a320 I knew about the Pandora but thought it was way to expensive.

I threw about 80 USD on a yinlips G16, later I thought this thing wasn't good enough for me so I got an Xperia play (about 250USD) to be used exclusively as a game machine (I already had a working phone). Sold the xperia play and got an "upgraded" Yinlips console, the G18a (about 130USD). From my experience with all these devices you get bad battery life, fragile components, awkward controls, and weak development support.

I am glad I finally made the right decision to get a Pandora. (I'm #166 queue).too bad I learned the hard way. As an alternative I could think of a GCW Zero or perhaps an Ouya.

It seems quite a few people go round in circles trying to get the Pandora experience on a budget, but in a way end up wasting money on a substandard experience.

My message to you is join us! Spend the extra and as soon as you get your Pandora you will realise you made the right decision, it won't fight against you :)
A serious mature response more than I can say for myself .
Again for dibad0011 post

I'll jump back on the mature wagon : ok question asker what type of computer are you using ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh just buy a pandora , why won't you buy a Pandora , just buy a pandora already !

Bumped ;)

The Vita will most probably offer a wealth of emulation possibilities once it's finally hacked.. especially given it's raw power & dual control, touchscreen, back touch control etc.

Despite it's relative lack of power though, the Pandora remains unmatched in the versatility that it offers.

The Vita will most probably offer a wealth of emulation possibilities once it's finally hacked.. especially given it's raw power & dual control, touchscreen, back touch control etc.

Despite it's relative lack of power though, the Pandora remains unmatched in the versatility that it offers.
Yes but the Vita is also pricey .

And then one day later Sony will force a firmware update on you.

Yeah. But no official documentation to help you in development, it will take a LONG time before anyone does anything with it. And it's not like that baby is selling well either... which does not help.

All in favor of thinking the Pandora expensive ( which it is ) or not but believing it to be the best device for what it's meant for ( at least until the Pandora 2 ) type this :

:)

I don't think it's expensive. In fact, it is the only the device of its kind, so what does "expensive" even mean if you cannot compare its price to that of similar devices?

In terms of the profit margins, it is probably one of the cheapest devices that ever existed, because so far, the OPT has essentially behaved as a not-for-profit organization.

I don't think it's expensive.
Seconded. I gladly paid $550 for my cell phone and it is less useful (or more specifically less used) than my Pandora. When something matching the feature set of the Pandora comes out for a lower price, then it becomes expensive.

Ok then all in favor of saying the Pandora is awsome and the guy who started this thread should buy one please type this :

:)

I believe this is what your looking for, pan2x.

http://www.gp32x.de...ra-alternative/

but you have to root it to be able to use emulators

Can someone pull a rooting guide for this out of there arse please

You go to the home menu click cheats and type ( or alternatively you can show up at the local game store and force the clerk at gun point to type it ) I wanna root this stupid thing so I can play Joust on the toilet ! And that's it you can now play any game less fun than Super Man on the NES ( please note you cannot play Joust as it crashes the system ) and there you have it rooted as you have always wanted . Or you could just buy an Open Pandora .

Pandora is awesome.

This:

https://www.youtube.com/embed/niPco_fLe-s?feature=oembed

Not this:

Pandora%20Alternative%20inspired%20by%20John%20Doe%20from%20the%20blog.gif

Back