Fba2x - Finalburn Alpha Beta 6 Released

trooper

Trooper`s watching you !!!
Website
Visit site
Headoverheels has released a new version of FBA2x.

His post below was translated very kindly by Manjuu, Thank you.

Greetings to all
I uploaded a new version of FBA2X (for those who do not know what this is, http://fba.emuunlim.com). With this release, the changes are very numerous, since I updated much of the code to the latest version of the FBA 0.2.96.72 and add other modifications. I'll indicate the main ones to you:

You can get it Here.
[cut]
* Updated romset to the one in MAME 0.117u3 and added several clones
* CPS1: corrected the problems with Saturday Night Slam Masters (slammast,slammasu,mbomberj,mbombrd,mbombrdj)
* CPS2: added the function of deciphering of roms and support for the upper 32MB of memory. Many of the games already work without the need to create cache files. Others like DDSOM are still not working due to problems with memory management.
* CAVE: corrected problems with ESP Ra.De.(esprade,espradej,espradeo), Dangun Feveron (dfeveron,feversos), Thunder Heroes (theroes), Gaia Crusaders (gaia), Guwange (guwange), Pretty Soldier Sailor Moon(sailormo,sailormn) and Air Gallet(agallet)
* New supported games:
o Biomechanical Toy(biomtoy)
o Gals Panic(galpanic)
o Kaneko Pandora: Hyper Pacman(hyperpac,hyperpcb), Cookie & Bibi 2(cookbib2), Cookie & Bibi 3(cookbib3), More More(moremore,moremorep), XESS - The New Revolution (SemiCom 3-in-1)(3in1semi), Toppy & Rappy(toppyrap), Twinkle(twinkle), Puzzle King(4in1boot), Final Tetris(finalttr), Twin Adventure(twinadv,twinadvk), Honey Dolls(honeydol), Snow Bros(snowbros,snowbroa,snowbrob,snowbroc,snowbroj, wintbob),Snow Brothers 3(snowbro3)
o Kaneko 16: The Berlin Wall(berlwall,berlwalt), Blaze On(blazeon), Blood Warrior(bloodwar), Bonk's Adventure(bonkadv), Explosive Breaker(explbrkr,bakubrkr), 1000 Miglia: Great 1000 Miles Rally(gtmr,gtmra,gtmre,gtmrusa), Mille Miglia 2: Great 1000 Miles Rally(gtmr2,gtmr2a,gtmr2u), Magical Crystals(mgcrystl,mgcrysto,mgcrystj)
o News(news,newsa)
o Oh My God!(ohmygod), Naname de Magic!(naname)
o Power Instinct(powerins,powerina,powerinb) Use the powerina ROM, the others run very slowly!!!

I have not been able to test all the games, so I ask those who test the emulator and want to contribute, you indicate to me in this thread the games that give problems so that I can correct them in future versions. Indicate the exact name of the ROM.
Enjoy!
[/cut]

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks. Would love to see support for Splatterhouse, Vendetta, Night Slashers, and Golden Axe: The Revenge Of Death Adder in a future release.

Oh yes another update on fba2x emulator it plays more games than before which is cool, can it play any cps2 games.

sukhigp said:
Oh yes another update on fba2x emulator it plays more games than before which is cool, can it play any cps2 games.
Umm... ;)
* CPS2: added the function of deciphering of roms and support for the upper 32MB of memory. Many of the games already work without the need to create cache files. Others like DDSOM are still not working due to problems with memory management.

sukhigp said:
There is already a dedicated CPS2 emu that plays the games fullspeed with better sound. Why not just use that ;)

A new FBA2X release always makes me smile.

thanks!

StreaK said:
BTW. Newest builds of FBA [ for Win32 ] have support for CPS3. Is it possible [ in theoretican matter ] to emulate it fullspeed on gp2x ?
It uses a different CPU. FBA on GP2X is 68K and Z80 only AFAIK.
CPS-3 uses an SH-2 RISC cpu running at 25Mhz.
This would be uneasy to emulate - most likely needing something like a Dyna-Rec to run at any reasonable speed on a GP2X. :)
CPS-3 is only just running OK on an XBOX 1 which is a 733Mhz beast.

It uses a different CPU. FBA on GP2X is 68K and Z80 only AFAIK.
CPS-3 uses an SH-2 RISC cpu running at 25Mhz.
This would be uneasy to emulate - most likely needing something like a Dyna-Rec to run at any reasonable speed on a GP2X. :)
CPS-3 is only just running OK on an XBOX 1 which is a 733Mhz beast.

:( . Anyway good to see a big progress in MAME / FBA emulation in this hard times for gp2x.

Offtopic: i wonder where goes FireFox with his Atari Jaguar [WIP] emulator.

So far Gaia crusaders, Hyper Pacman, run at fullspeed. Biomechanical Toy, Bonks Adventure have
some flicker, great work so far. :D

Forgive my ignorance, but I wonder if FBA2X would run the 4 players Simpsons arcade game, I've been wishing to play it on the GP2X for a long time, but last time I checked MAME didn't support it.

ESP Ra.De.(esprade,espradej,espradeo), -> works fullspeed
Dangun Feveron (dfeveron,feversos), -> works fullspeed
Thunder Heroes (theroes), -> not tested
Gaia Crusaders (gaia), -> works fullspeed
Guwange (guwange), -> works fullspeed
Pretty Soldier Sailor Moon(sailormo,sailormn) -> works fullspeed
Air Gallet(agallet) -> not working :<
Biomechanical Toy(biomtoy) ->Works, but needs to be overclocked to maximum to work properly
Gals Panic(galpanic) -> works fullspeed
Hyper Pacman(hyperpac,hyperpcb), -> not tested
Cookie & Bibi 2(cookbib2), -> works fullspeed
Cookie & Bibi 3(cookbib3), -> works fullspeed
More More(moremore,moremorep), -> works fullspeed
XESS - The New Revolution (SemiCom 3-in-1)(3in1semi), -> works fullspeed
Toppy & Rappy(toppyrap) -> works fullspeed
Twinkle(twinkle) -> works fullspeed
Puzzle King(4in1boot) -> works fullspeed
Final Tetris(finalttr) -> works fullspeed
Twin Adventure(twinadv,twinadvk), -> not tested
Honey Dolls(honeydol), -> works fullspeed
Snow Bros(snowbros,snowbroa,snowbrob,snowbroc,snowbroj, wintbob), -> not tested
Snow Brothers 3(snowbro3) -> Works fullspeed
The Berlin Wall(berlwall,berlwalt) -> Works, but needs to be overclocked to maximum to work properly
Blaze On(blazeon) -> works, but nothing seems to be wisible on the screen
Blood Warrior(bloodwar) -> not working [ exiting while trying to decompress / load a gamefiles ]
Bonk's Adventure(bonkadv), -> not tested
Explosive Breaker(explbrkr,bakubrkr), -> not tested
1000 Miglia: Great 1000 Miles Rally(gtmr,gtmra,gtmre,gtmrusa) -> Not wrorking
Mille Miglia 2: Great 1000 Miles Rally(gtmr2,gtmr2a,gtmr2u) -> Works, but needs to be overclocked to maximum to work properly
Magical Crystals(mgcrystl,mgcrysto,mgcrystj) -> Works, but needs to be overclocked to maximum to work properly
News(news,newsa) -> not working
Oh My God!(ohmygod), -> Works with fullspeed
Naname de Magic!(naname) -> not tested
Power Instinct(powerins,powerina,powerinb) -> Works with fullspeed [ even powerinb ]

Power Instinct(powerins,powerina,powerinb) -> Works with fullspeed [ even powerinb ]

O M G !

i'm gonna have to get my gp2x fixed, i've been waiting for power instinct to be emulated on a handheld.

also reminds me that i need to dump my world version pcb for mame..

StreaK said:
1000 Miglia: Great 1000 Miles Rally(gtmr,gtmra,gtmre,gtmrusa) -> Not wrorking
Mille Miglia 2: Great 1000 Miles Rally(gtmr2,gtmr2a,gtmr2u) -> Works, but needs to be overclocked to maximum to work properly
Both work for me. About 18fps with very choppy sound at 260mhz.

Yes fba2x can be played using usb control pads with the cradle it really good fun playing 2 player games.

The cps2 emulator uses cache files which i don't like first of all the game goes to rom folder which uses memory then the cache file goes into cache folder it uses memory the cps2 uses double memory which isn't good at all, fba2x doesn't use cache files which is excellent, i tried cps2 games in fba2x most of them do work.

I couldn't get esp.ra.de to work which roms did you use i tried 2 different romsets they both didn't work.

Is there a way to get 22khz sound instead of 11 ?

Also I was wondering if the frameskip is automatically set to Auto.

I've tried the Psikyo games but they don't seem to work.

Great release ! especially for CPS games

osn19 said:
Is there a way to get 22khz sound instead of 11 ?
If you are using the supplied selector, edit the fba2x_config:
Change the following lines to read:
CODE
cmdLine=./fba2x --no-rescale --samplerate 22050
cmdLine=./fba2x --sw-rescale --samplerate 22050

StreaK said:
sukhigp said:
I couldn't get esp.ra.de to work which roms did you use i tried 2 different romsets they both didn't work.
i've downloaded from "coolrom" site [ sorry no link, its forbidden ]

Why don't use clrmamepro ?

Anyway, It works like a charm !

paxl13

Played on this last night, being able to play Donpachi at practically full speed without overclocking is amazing! I love the way it automatically switches to TATE mode for shooters, too.

One small request - the front end is a pretty unforgiving beast, any chance of someone creating a better one, like NeoRageX or the CPS2 one?

Keep up the good work! :D

EDIT: How do you overclock this using the config file?

Back